ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa- Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dnshah2k

Visitor Visa- Parents

Post by dnshah2k » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:10 am

Can any one guide me which application form and documents to be used for visitor visa of my parents from india?

I'm currently got 3 yrs. of extension on tier 1 ,previously i was on hsmp for 3 yrs.
I economically active in UK

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:23 am

You should use "family visitor visa" and not visitor visa form.
If you are sponsering their trip then you should send your 6 months bank statement showing good balance and 6 months salary slip.
Provide 2 address proof ( council tax bills and water/power/gas/telephone bills). Send an invitation letter and passport pages photocopy ( 1st page, last page and visa stamped pages)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Pm me with your email, and I can send you something to get you started

dnshah2k

Post by dnshah2k » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:20 am

Hi HSMP2008

Thanks for reply

I am sending following documents to my widow mom in india in original

Support letter attested by solicitor
council tax bill
telephone bill
6months pay slip
6 month bank statment
passoprt copy

Is this Ok?

Do i need to send allthis documents in original?

My mom will attach following with her application
cover letter
house agreement,
bank passbook showing balance of Indian Rs. 2 Lacs
fixdeposites
my documents, sent from UK

Does she need to attach my fathers death certificate?

My mom is housewife and stayes with my brother so she don't have any income so I also have query regarding section 5 in Family Visit form (VAF1B)

5.1 and 5.10 to 5.19

I know it is too much but will help me bring my mom here tospenholidays with me and my family

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:48 am

dnshah2k wrote:I also have query regarding section 5 in Family Visit form (VAF1B)

5.1 and 5.10 to 5.19
What are the questions in this part? Copy and paste.

dnshah2k

Post by dnshah2k » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:02 pm

What is the main purpose of your visit to the UK? >>>>>
How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

Travel Dates
On which date do you wish to travel to the UK? >>>>>>>>>>>

On which date will you leave the UK?

This are the questions at the start of the forms and following are thequestions under section 5 and 11

5.1 What are your current personal circumstances? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Employed full time, please go to 5.2
Employed part-time, please go to 5.2
Self-employed, please go to 5.2
Unemployed, please go to 5.9
Student, please give details of the course and institution you attend in the box provided; then go to 5.2
Retired, please go to 5.9
Supported by spouse / partner / other family member, please give full details in the box, including their relationship to you; then go to 5.9
Other, please give details, then go to 5.2

Income and Expenditure
5.10 What is your total monthly income from all sources >>>
of employment or occupation after tax?

5.11 Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family? Put

5.12 Do you have savings, property or other income (for example from stocks and shares)?

5.13 H How much of your total monthly income is given to>>>>
your family members and other dependants?
5.14 H How much do you spend each month on living costs? >
5.15 What money is available to you for your trip?>>>>>>>>>
5.17 Who will pay for your expenses such as >>>>>>>>>>>>>
accommodation and food?
5.19 What is the cost to you personally of your stay in UK>>>>>>

and section 11

Part 11
Supporting documents checklist
Please ensure you submit all the relevant original documents that you want the Entry Clearance Officer to see when considering your application. The list below is for guidance only. It is not a list of documents that you should or must supply. The UK Immigration Rules make it clear that it is your responsibility to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK for the purpose and duration that you have stated. Submission of particular documents does not guarantee that your visa will be issued. It is your decision how you satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that your intentions are as you state in your application. It is your choice which documents you submit.
It is better to explain why you do not have a document than to submit a false document. Your application will be automatically refused and you may be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years if you use a false document, lie or withhold relevant information. You may also be banned if you have breached immigration laws in the UK.
All applicants A valid travel document or passport One passport sized colour photograph. This must not be more than 6 months old. (Please see photograph box below for
full details) The appropriate fee If you are not a national of the country in which you are applying, evidence of your permission to be in that country e.g. a residence permit, visa, green card Evidence to support the information you have given (see below for more details) Previous passport(s) Evidence of how your trip is to be funded
Personal Details section Unless single, please provide evidence of your marital status e.g. marriage or civil partnership certificate, divorce certificate, death certificate You may be asked to present written notification from the child’s parent or legal guardian that they consent to the child’s visit (including evidence from your legal guardian to support their claim to be your legal guardian) The official record of any conviction(s), detailing the crime(s) you were convicted of and the sentence(s) you received
Finances and employment Evidence of your current employment/self employment/occupation/work/studies/other means of support Evidence of your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax Evidence of any income from other sources e.g. friends, family, savings, property etc
Family visitor Evidence of the family member(s) in the UK that you intend to visit. This could be a copy of their bio data page (the page containing their photograph) from their UK passport or EEA passport/ID card; or if they are not a UK/EEA national, evidence of their permission to stay in the United Kingdom e.g. copy of letter granting leave to remain from the Home Office, copy of stamps/visas in their passport(s) along with a copy of their bio data page (the page containing their photograph) from their passport, etc. Letter from family member/sponsor, supporting the visit
A
dvisory:
“To know your Customs obligations when travelling to the UK, please consult Notice 1, found at www.hmrc.gov.uk. To know what controls exist for bringing your belongings and private motor vehicles into the UK, please consult Notice 3.â€