ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary tourist visa extension.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Temporary tourist visa extension.

Post by sirpsychosexy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:39 am

Is it true that you are granted a 28 day extension to a tourist visa? My wife was told that yesterday? At present my wife's visa ran out about a week ago, but has doctors note to say that due to test results waiting she isn't allowed to fly. These results could be made available in the next few days, but if you are entitled to the above extension, then that wouldn't matter? This is important, because we will be looking to apply for two year visa when she returns to the states, and what we don't want is wrong information that could mean her overstaying and then having visa refused? Thanks in advance.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:06 pm

I am afraid that if she did not lodge an application for an extension before the 6 months ran out she will now be an overstayer.

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Post by sirpsychosexy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:22 am

Thank you, but an immigration lawyer has indicated that the 28 days after your VISA has expired is called a 'Grace Period' and that you will not be punished if you return home within this time? Is this correct as i see nothing on UKBA website? Thanks again.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:36 pm

You shouldn't be barred for any peiod of time, no.