ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need assistance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Sapphire wrote:Hello

I have a son who is recently born (in the UK); I have got his passport already made but there is no visa (entry visa) in it....anyone knows if visa for him is required for me to apply for HSMP? I am here on a Work Permit valid until 2012; I want to apply with my dependants for Teir 1 (General)... my wife and my another son have got entry clearence visa stamped on the passports...

Could anyone help?
New applications can not be made under HSMP - its Tier-1 now. You should apply with all your dependants while switching into Tier-1(G).
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm

So that mean I will have to get an entry clearence visa (same as I have on passport) on his passport as well?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Sapphire wrote:So that mean I will have to get an entry clearence visa (same as I have on passport) on his passport as well?
Sapphire.. as push_hsmp mentioned in the earlier msg..

Along with other dependents you should also apply for Tier1(G) dependent visa for your new born son; And you are applying for switch from WP to Tier1(G); HSMP is now called as Tier1(G).. hope this is clear

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:33 pm

I am sorry I think I couldnt make myself clear......I rephrase it

My new born has currenty NO VISA in his passport at the moment...however me, my wife and my other son have already got entry clearence visa on our passport (that was issued when I got WP) valid until 2012....

Obviously I want to include all my dependants in my Tier 1 (G) application..

What I want to know is do I have to get a visa for my new born son (just that we all have entry clearence visas in our passports) before applying for Tier1(G) application OR I just leave his passport without any visa in it and submit it with the Tier1(G) application with our passports?

Could anyone help?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks everyone for the help....

So in a nutshell does it means that I do not need to apply for visa of any sort for my newborn before making an application for Tier 1 (G)?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Yes. If not travelling, then you don't have to make any leave to remain application for your child (born in the UK).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:31 am

Many thanks for the help....

I got 2 more questions; if anyone could clarify?

My passport is expiring sometimes in end of September however I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (G) sometimes next week.....is that OK or would it be gud to renew the passport first (as it may take up to 2 weeks)...?

I might hv to move from my current home to new property (again it will take at least a month); is that to OK to apply and later inform them of change of address?

Due to maintaince funds part of Tier 1 (G); I want to apply ASAP...

Could anyone help; any bright ideas!!!

Thanks