ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband Waiting for ILR advice needed!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Row

Husband Waiting for ILR advice needed!!!!

Post by Row » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:47 pm

My husband has been on a marriage visa for two years and we sent off for his ILR on 18th May (his remiain to stay ran out on 28th May). Today he received a call from the Home Office asking him about stamps and visas in his passport etc. He explained that those were when he was living in Italy prior to the UK, they realised and said they understood now, they just got him to give information about his son and myself (his wife). What do you think? In process? Anyone experience the same?

All the doc were provided

Bank statements 1 yr
Payslips for 1yr
6 letters in both names
Additional letters in each of our names
Council Tax, HMRC, utility bills, tenacy agreement
Marriage cert, paper part of driving licience,
Son birth cert, child benefit and tax credit letter
Letter from myself confirming marriage and living together

My only concern is that I have had 11 months of Maternity Leave after my son was born and I am now starting back to work part time, but hadn't received any pay slips since starting back. So this means that my husbands salary plus my maternity leave pay. Do you think I should send in my pay slips now, as we have no savings etc. I am now earning £833 per month.

Any advice welcome.

:D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 pm

You don't both have to be employed as long as you can support yourselves on your husband's earnings.

Row

Thank

Post by Row » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:39 am

Yes I thought this but got confused when thinking I was meant to be his sponsor.
Thank you

Row

Post by Row » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:41 am

Also not sure that his earnings are sufficient. Can I send additional information? Also does anyone know about the phone call?

Cheers

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:16 am

Row wrote: Can I send additional information? about the phone call?
Where to? Only send additional documents when/if they are requested, which would usually be by letter through the post, with a specific deadline by which to respond.

Row

Post by Row » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:34 am

Thanks. I meant does anyone know about a phone call from the home office?

vinny

Re: Thank

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:45 am

Row wrote:Yes I thought this but got confused when thinking I was meant to be his sponsor.
Thank you
SET3.2 What is the definition of a sponsor? wrote:The sponsor is the person to whom the applicant is married.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Row

Post by Row » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Ok so that is me then. But I guess if we can both support ourselves then that is still fine. Though I would be happier sending my own pay slips to support the application. What does anyone else think?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 am

Row wrote:Ok so that is me then. But I guess if we can both support ourselves then that is still fine. Though I would be happier sending my own pay slips to support the application. What does anyone else think?
Send payslips from both of you.
287 (a) wrote:(v) the parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds; and
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Row

Post by Row » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:10 pm

They already have the application and all the documents, so how can I send additional docs?

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:59 pm

My husband applied for ILR in March this year. When he got a letter from the Home Office acknowledging receipt of his postal application it gave an address on the bottom for where to send additional documents once your application has been submitted - hopefully your husband will have a similar letter as it looked like a pretty standard letter.

Row

ILR received today

Post by Row » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Thank you. My husband received his ILR in his passport today. It look just over 2 months, so not bad.

One Happy Family :D

jojo786
Newly Registered

Post by jojo786 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:30 pm

so it took roughly eight weeks hmm? not bad ok its standard time for set m i havent been asked for any additional documents still waiting applied on 17 june 2009