ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund for Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rohitktm

Maintenance fund for Tier 1 (General)

Post by rohitktm » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:41 am

Hi Friends,
While browsing some discussion websites, some people say that the fund I show should be in my salary account. Is this true? I have enough funds in bank account in my name and this account has been maintained for more than 2 years. But this is not my salary account. Reason: in my office salary is paid in cash and not deposited directly into account. I am not sure if I can show my current bank account.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance fund for Tier 1 (General)

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:27 am

rohitktm wrote:Hi Friends,
While browsing some discussion websites, some people say that the fund I show should be in my salary account. Is this true? I have enough funds in bank account in my name and this account has been maintained for more than 2 years. But this is not my salary account. Reason: in my office salary is paid in cash and not deposited directly into account. I am not sure if I can show my current bank account.
Maintenance funds can be shown from any account. You can use your saving accounts,FD etc. You can also use combination of account to reach the desired level.

amar_2009

Post by amar_2009 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:57 pm

I am providing 3 months original bank statement for mantainace proof.Original statement because i have received by post from bank. do I need to give a letter from bank stating my balance has never been lower than XX.HDFC bank does not agree to give this type of letter.They are telling that we dont have this type of format.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:59 pm

amar_2009 wrote:I am providing 3 months original bank statement for mantainace proof.Original statement because i have received by post from bank. do I need to give a letter from bank stating my balance has never been lower than XX.HDFC bank does not agree to give this type of letter.They are telling that we dont have this type of format.
If you have original Bankstatements from the BANK then you do not need to submit the letter, it shd be good to go

amar_2009

Post by amar_2009 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

But for my earning proof I have salary slip signed and sealed by company and bank statement stamped and signed by Bank.Bank statement is the print out of email received statement.
Is there any problem with this bank statement. Do I need any letter from bank.Its very difficulty to get any letter from HDFC .

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:13 pm

amar_2009 wrote:Thank you very much for your quick reply.

But for my earning proof I have salary slip signed and sealed by company and bank statement stamped and signed by Bank.Bank statement is the print out of email received statement.
Is there any problem with this bank statement. Do I need any letter from bank.Its very difficulty to get any letter from HDFC .
hmmm.. they way u got ur ORIGINAL Bankstatements for Mainteannce funds.. can't u request the bank to provide a new set of original bankstatements?? btw where r u applying from? outside UK then where?

amar_2009

Post by amar_2009 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:15 pm

I am applying from India on 6th August.I did not get 1 year original statement.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:25 pm

amar_2009 wrote:I am applying from India on 6th August.I did not get 1 year original statement.
If the bankstatements have Stamp and seal on every page then it is good to go..

please see THIS link with a bit similar situation

see my first reply

amar_2009

Post by amar_2009 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Stamp and seal is in every page of my statement.Is it safe to apply now

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:57 pm

amar_2009 wrote:Stamp and seal is in every page of my statement.Is it safe to apply now
Yes.. you are good to go..

amar_2009

Post by amar_2009 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:08 pm

Thank you very much.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:04 pm

Guidance Notes page 25:

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:40 pm

amar_2009 wrote:Stamp and seal is in every page of my statement.Is it safe to apply now
thats perfectly fine.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer