ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:50 pm

...also batley khan...

my hubby in UK earns 17500 / year as an engineer ...... he brings home about 1140 pounds a month after all tax deductions....

this is his regular full time job and has his own rented 1 bed room flat under his name etc.....council tax band A

He takes no state benifits

do u think i stand a cat in hells chance in getting my settlement visa with my hubby being the sponser?

D_W

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:53 pm

save the batley khan....plz do not offend him.....i like his opinions

he gives wise comments.

D_W

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:26 pm

D_W - your application should go through ok your husband earns enough to support you and has a place for you to live. email your local MP to chase up the application - i emailed mine he said he can only help if ive been waiting more than 12 weeks.

ive copy pasted from the UK VISA website : good luck

Further action :

If you are not satisfied with the service that you have received from Visa Customer Services, you can write directly to:

Head of UK Visa Customer Services
Visa Services Directorate
International Group UKBA
c/o Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

You can also raise your complaint with your Member of Parliament.

If you have gone through this complaints procedure and are still not satisfied, you can ask your MP to take up your case with the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (the Ombudsman).

Please note - Complaints to the Ombudsman must be via a Member of Parliament and may only be made by someone resident in the UK at the time of the complaint or present in the UK at the time of the incident. If not resident or present in the UK, only citizens of the UK may complain about entry clearance activity abroad. :) :) :) :) :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:48 pm

batleykhan - you just shot down b92753 !!! poor guy..

I dont like to shoot anyone down, its just that I like to be honest with my opinions. I dont like to beat around the bush. People come here becos they want advice,not empathy.

It is entirely up to each individaul whether they follow advice from senior members of this forum

batleykhan - your not an undercover ECO working for thehome office are you !!! LOL Shocked Laughing Laughing
What makes you think that?. Look do you want your visa or not?.If you do then dont be cheeky 8) :lol:
also batley khan...

my hubby in UK earns 17500 / year as an engineer ...... he brings home about 1140 pounds a month after all tax deductions....

this is his regular full time job and has his own rented 1 bed room flat under his name etc.....council tax band A

He takes no state benifits

do u think i stand a cat in hells chance in getting my settlement visa with my hubby being the sponser?

D_W
Should be no problem ,but nothing is guaranteed in life except one thing??
i just wish i could talk to someone.

thanks for listening...sorry for the rudeness in my message.....but im just soo fed up!

D_W
Of all the people I have dealt with, you have had more patience then the rest of them combined.

Just a little bit more and you will be rewarded for it inshallah. Send a private message and your email to me, I have a standard letter that your husband can send to his MP to see if he could get things moving for you.
Batlley Khan, i have had the house in my name for the past 5 years. Therefore receiving a rental income of 385£ for the past 5 years or so. It was given to me as a gift from my father. No : 2 I have been doing a part time job for the past 6 years. If i earn 90.00 a week, that gives me a total yearly income of 4680. Say i save 2000 from that a year and spend the rest. I assume that answers your qustion how i got the 3000 pounds savings. Also In the holidays i do extra hours earning up to 200 pounds a week. So Next time before you make assumptions do your calcuclations.
Now had you worded your original post like this, you may have recievd a different answer from the one I wrote earlier on.

A word of warning,if you intend to include the rental income from your property, I hope you have paid the neccesary tax and declared the income to Inland Revenue.

The reason why I say this is becos when you apply for your wife visa, one of the reasons for the delay in her getting the visa is becos the staff at the Embassy do make enquiries with govermental departments, employers, banks etc in the UK.

One of the most favourite is HM Inspectorate of Taxes. They check whether the sponsor has paid tax and NI. They double check what you have stated.

Now if they make enquiries in the property that you rent. If you;ve declared and paid tax on the rental - then you have nothing to worry about, but if you havent, then it could cause you many problems.

I knew someone who did what you are doing, only to find that not only his wifes visa was refused, he had to repay in excess of £11000 unpaid tax that he didnt pay for recieving 6 yrs of rental income.

So if you are thinking of doing this, I am only advising you for your own sake.

I now accept your argument about your savings, since you made it clear in your second post.

I still cant understand why you dont wait till you have finished your course/study and then apply?. Your chances of succeeding are better when you are employed full time rather than part time.
So Next time before you make assumptions do your calcuclations.
Sorry but I was never good at maths, that why I made my son an accountant :D :lol:

b92753

Post by b92753 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Batley Khan i know your a senior member of the board. But its better to clarify the situation before making a judgmenet. You sound like an intelligent person which i am sure you are. Should know this.

and jazakallah for your advice thankyou very much :)

b92753

Post by b92753 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi Batley Khan, the reason why i work part time is because i suffer from a undiagnosed muscle condition. I also go to University part time which i have another 2 years remaining. As you know 2 years away from the wife can be a difficult time. Anyway My muscles spontaneously breakdown i.e by walking etc and this results in an enzyme called ck being released in to the blood which can potentially give me kidney failure. Therefore i cant really exert my self and i cant physically work many hours at the moment due to the condition which the doctors dont seem to know about. I requested more hours at work, but they refused want a letter from the doctor stating i am able to work more hours. However my neurologist wont provide me this letter as he thinks i shouldnt be working.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:02 pm

b92753

You are slowly coming out with real facts about your cicumstances, which I am sure had you done it in the original post, my answers to you would have been entirely different from my comments above.

In fact I have now sympathy for your circumstances. I am sure if you were to mention what you have stated here with your application, they cant possibly refuse your wife .

Anyway good luck and I hope you suceed and are united with your wife inshallah

b92753

Post by b92753 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:27 pm

hi Batley khan, i never mentioned my medical condition in the application. However i was off sick from work since last june and my job was kept open for me. I submited nearly 2 years wage slips but the recent ones had no income showing on them. However my employer provided me a letter stating that i am stil employed by them and have been on sick for a year and my last wage was 155£ per week. I have no resumed my job and can only work 12 hours which gives me 90pounds a week. If they refuse what steps do you recommend i take? Should i reapply ? Along with my appeal? I also never mentioned i am a student. Please advise? Jazakallah

b92753

Post by b92753 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:29 pm

hi Batley khan, i never mentioned my medical condition in the application. However i was off sick from work since last june and my job was kept open for me. I submited nearly 2 years wage slips but the recent ones had no income showing on them. However my employer provided me a letter stating that i am stil employed by them and have been on sick for a year and my last wage was 155£ per week. I have no resumed my job and can only work 12 hours which gives me 90pounds a week. If they refuse what steps do you recommend i take? Should i reapply ? Along with my appeal? I also never mentioned i am a student. Please advise? Jazakallah

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi guys jus wanna say that Batleykhan is a vital person to this forum he is a senior and looks well experianced in visa cases. He has helped me tremendously in the past month or so. Most of us including me come on here to get help and to help in the meanwhile. Batleykhan Comes purely to give help (well thats all ive seen him doing). You dont want to upset a helpful person like that. theres not much people here that like to help but they just want help. i realized this so i try to answer questions that people have. So just appreciate all the advice from eveyone, what you do with the advice thats upto you.

Batleykhan,
Ive sent my appeal of to embassey giving extra proof. Do you think i should contact the local MP to see if he can write to them aswell. It may well result in an overturn of decision that would be ideal. IF so any chance i can have some sort of a sample letter to write to the MP??

b92753

Post by b92753 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:57 pm

May allah give batley khan even more knowledge regarding this so he can assist other.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:09 pm

Look dont be suprised if you are refused because you havent stated the reasons behind your job,income , savings, medical conditions etc along with your wifes application.

You should have done it. You should give clear and concise reasons and personal cicumstances so the ECO is fully aware.

You can still do this now before the ECO looks at your wifes application. Send letter quoting reference no given to your wife and then hope and pray that it gets there before ECO looks at application.

Whether to appeal or reapply will depend for what you were refused. Sometime its better to appeal just to prove your point, but on the other hand its sometime easier to make a fresh application becuase appeal can take up to 10 month sbefore a visa is granted ( providing teh appeal is won )

Hope this helps

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:21 pm

Please please dont make me some kind of a hero.

I am not that.

I jsut like to help and share my experience with people less fortunate than myself.

I know what people are going through with such matters. It is very stressing being apart from your loved one.
Batleykhan,
Ive sent my appeal of to embassey giving extra proof. Do you think i should contact the local MP to see if he can write to them aswell. It may well result in an overturn of decision that would be ideal. IF so any chance i can have some sort of a sample letter to write to the MP??
send me private message with your email address, so I can send it to you.

b92753

Post by b92753 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Batley Khan where would i need to send the further evidence ? do you have an adresse etc for me ?

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:34 pm

You send it to the embassy where your wife applied, whichever country that is in. Make sure you quote your reference number on the correspondence

b92753

Post by b92753 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:36 pm

batleykhan wrote:You send it to the embassy where your wife applied, whichever country that is in. Make sure you quote your reference number on the correspondence
She applied at the mirpur gerry office. Do you think i should fax it in to the gerry office in mirpur ?

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:45 pm

In Pakistan its a bit difficult, because the decision on applications are not made in Pakistan,instead they are decided in Abu Dhabi and London.

I dont have their addresses, but they are someone on this forum. So my advice is to send it to both just to be on the safe side.

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:46 am

thankyou "was794" for providing the address...

Batley Khan I have just PM'emd you. Please check and reply me on my email address as i have mentioned in the PM.

Also, my husband lives in Dudley Westmidlands. Does anybody know just how would he get in contact with his local MP.....is there any high fees to pay to see or talk to the MP?.....is it as simple as emailing to the MP directly?

Please let me know....today 62 working days have passed. So from 5th May thats more than 12 weeks right?......so "WAS94"......i think the MP should listen to my hubby.

Lastly does anyone of you think that the recent shifting of the offices in London of UKBA may effect the processing of my application??...i mean it happend right near the end of the month and my 60 days were almost due to finish.

Also does anyone share my theory that since the UKBA is taking long to process my application....then there is even a stronger chance in me getting the visa?....i mean lets face it....if the results were announced initially in earlier 10 or 15 days then it could have meant that YES i got the visa or NO i did not get the visa....and if its taking long....then hopefully my husbands supporting documents are being successfully cross verified as he nor I have not lied about any thing and declared all there should be to declare truthfully.

Thank you
D_W

was794

Post by was794 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:08 am

D_W

I think your husbands local MP details are as follows :

name - Ian Pearson
Constituency - Dudley South
Office e-mail - pearsoni@parliament.uk

OR

name - Ian Austin
Constituency - Dudley North
Office e-mail - austini@parliament.uk

Write to his email address asking him to chase up the home office for your VISA application. You will need to include the refrence number the applicants date of birth - he may ask you to send a permision form from the applicant to share the applicants information with the MP.

I wrote to mine and i had to get my wife to FAX over a "permision form" so the home office could share infromation with my MP - they cant chase it up without a signed permision form due to data protection act !!!

Heres the reply i got from my MP :

Dear Mr Javed

I have now received a response from Visa Services on the general point of current processing times.

The agreed time for processing a settlement visa is 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks.

Currently we are currently meeting those standards. Indeed, for applications anywhere in Pakistan, more than 80% of applications are being resolved within six weeks.

I appreciate that it must be frustrating for Mr Javed to wait so long but, as we are still well within agreed performance standards, it is hard to justify expediting his wife’s case unless there are exceptionally compelling and compassionate circumstances.

I have retained the permission fax that you sent on a ‘just in case’ basis. Should Mrs Javed not hear anything by the end of August/beginning of September, please let me know.

So basically they cant do anything unless the application has gone over 12 weeks time limit....!!!!!! DAMN MAN :( :(

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:01 am

was794

thank you so much for that information :D :D

I guess then doing anything at this stage is pointless since i pretty much will get the same standard reply from my hubby's local MP.

I might as well wait right uptil 5th NOV....when 24weeks or 120 working days or 6months pass since 5th May.........inshallah by then somehing bright and positive will turn up.:D

what do you suggest?

D_W

was794

Post by was794 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:20 pm

D_W

Its worth writing the VISA head office with an offical compaint in writing - use a recorded delivery thats you can track and get proof it was delivered.
Also call them up on 0092512098999 and get a status update.

Or you can just sit back and chill and enjoy the last days of your life without your husband!!! no doubt you will be cleaning up after him LOL !!!

ill advise the second option to chill out for a bit you will have to spend the rest of your life with him inshallah so im sure you can wait another month or so !!

Im gonna go pakistan if i dont get VISA sorted for my wife within 2-3 weeks - missing her too much !!! wish i could speak directly to the entery clearence office direct - if i could i would bribe him with thousands of pounds!!

Post by 2036789 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:57 pm

was794 wrote:D_W

Its worth writing the VISA head office with an offical compaint in writing - use a recorded delivery thats you can track and get proof it was delivered.
Also call them up on 0092512098999 and get a status update.

Or you can just sit back and chill and enjoy the last days of your life without your husband!!! no doubt you will be cleaning up after him LOL !!!

ill advise the second option to chill out for a bit you will have to spend the rest of your life with him inshallah so im sure you can wait another month or so !!

Im gonna go pakistan if i dont get VISA sorted for my wife within 2-3 weeks - missing her too much !!! wish i could speak directly to the entery clearence office direct - if i could i would bribe him with thousands of pounds!!
i wish I could do the same and go back to my wife , missing her too much, but i gotta hang on to my job in case god forbid goes wrong in my visa
MM

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:25 am

thank you was794 for ur second piece of advice.

yes i also thought too the same and jst chill out. plus the reason im now more confident is that my hubby will inshallah be here on eid next month and he will stay for a good month! :D :D

so if by then something does turn up then i can go with him back to uk...other wise if something turns up in this new month of Aug....then inshallah i'll be doing eid in UK with my dear hubby...Oh God i miss him so much...... :(

One word of advice...if u are a true muslim....then be loyal and sincere to ur faith by not having any intention of doing bribe.

D_W

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:26 pm

2036789 wrote:786sam did your mp manage to get your appeal date faster

My mp did tell them to hurry up with the appeal,and i did get decision witin 2 weeks. Maybe it would of taken longer if the mp didnt write to them.I would suggest anyone who is waiting or have submitted the passport to get in touch with there MP.

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:37 pm

2036789 wrote:786sam did your mp manage to get your appeal date faster

My mp wrote to them to hurry up and i got a decision within two weeks so i think its best to get help from the mp,I am waiting a few more days and it would be 6 weeks since my husband submitted his passport, If i dont hear anything i will be getting in touch with the mp again. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CASE