ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Awaiting SET(M) got new job, how to prove I'm allowed2work?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukwife123
Newly Registered

Awaiting SET(M) got new job, how to prove I'm allowed2work?

Post by ukwife123 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:57 am

I only applied for a SET(M) a couple of weeks ago, in the mean time, a vacancy for a great job emerged and I just got it! So, how can I prove my legal work status as the Home Office has my documents? :?:

And looks like they take up to 6 months to make a decision, if I give my notice to my current employer but cannot prove my status to the new one, I will end up jobless, what can I do? :shock:

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

axk462
Newly Registered

Post by axk462 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Call Home and let them know of your situation.

Firstly, Ask home office if they can issue you with a letter which you can show to the new employer.

Secondly, if you are so keen to join the new job, then ask home office if by paying extra they consider the in person appointment and this way you can get your documents asap but will cost you more.

Personally I would have tried my best for option 1.

All The Best ...!!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:37 pm

axk462 wrote:
Secondly, if you are so keen to join the new job, then ask home office if by paying extra they consider the in person appointment and this way you can get your documents asap but will cost you more.
Is this a 'serious' suggestion? There's a name for it!:roll:

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Rozen wrote:
axk462 wrote:
Is this a 'serious' suggestion? There's a name for it!:roll:
Think you misunderstand what was meant. In person applications at a PEO are available and cost an extra £200. Don't know if it is possible to arrange an appoinment after you've applied by post.

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Did you keep a copy of your passport with the visa endorsed page before sending it off? If you did, you could show this to your potential new employer. There is also some blurb somewhere, I think with the information that explains the Form SET (M) that says that your existing immigration status, i.e. the fact that you are here legally as a spouse will continue along with all the benefits that this bring such as being able to work here in the UK until the Home Office decides your application - you could also show this to your new employer.

Don't worry too much - my husband's postal ILR application was decided and his passport returned in five weeks!