ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who can apply for this visa - Help required.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaushik
Newly Registered

Who can apply for this visa - Help required.

Post by kaushik » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:35 am

Hello All,

With reference to the page -
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ouldapply/

In this page the person applying from outside UK, should have
"applying from outside the United Kingdom for permission to enter (known as 'entry clearance') in the highly skilled worker category."
What is entry clearance? Help on this will be really appreciated.

I am in Software industry in India and currently pursuing part time masters degree.
is part time MBA degree from Mumbai University will make me eligible i mean now for TIER1, u need masters degree. So, on that front will i be eligible?

I am in the field of Software Testing. Does this field is under Highly skilled?

Please reply when have time. Thanks in advance.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Who can apply for this visa - Help required.

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:42 am

kaushik wrote:In this page the person applying from outside UK, should have
"applying from outside the United Kingdom for permission to enter (known as 'entry clearance') in the highly skilled worker category."
What is entry clearance? Help on this will be really appreciated.
Once you get visa approval you apply for stamping. In generic term, Entry Clearance is nothing but stamping on your visa. Nowadays, visa apporval and stamping is done in a simple process.
I am in Software industry in India and currently pursuing part time masters degree.
is part time MBA degree from Mumbai University will make me eligible i mean now for TIER1, u need masters degree. So, on that front will i be eligible?
You don't have masters degree now. Hence you are not eligible to apply at the moment. Once you have masters degree you will be eligible to apply. Check the validity of your degree in PBS calculator.
Since this process is more on point based, it is irrelevant now whether you fall under highly skilled category or not. If you score enough points you can apply for it.

kaushik
Newly Registered

Post by kaushik » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:57 am

Thank you Chetan......
So u mean to say as soon as I pass my final exam and if I have enough salary also at that time, I can apply?
Qun here is I will get my final marksheet from University within a month after completing the exam and final letter from University will be issued after 3-4 months. So, can I apply with final marksheet or do I have to wait for the convocation letter from University?

When we are showing income sources, Other than IT work, if I have income from Non-IT field, can we show that income, or only income relevant to IT [in my case] will be counted? Pla reply when u have time. Thanks in advance.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:23 am

So u mean to say as soon as I pass my final exam and if I have enough salary also at that time, I can apply?
Yes provided you have all relevant documents in place.
Qun here is I will get my final marksheet from University within a month after completing the exam and final letter from University will be issued after 3-4 months. So, can I apply with final marksheet or do I have to wait for the convocation letter from University?
You will need your degree certificate and not transcripts.
When we are showing income sources, Other than IT work, if I have income from Non-IT field, can we show that income, or only income relevant to IT [in my case] will be counted?
You can show income from multiple sources provided you have corroborative documents e.g. payslips,bank statement etc to support the evidences you are submitting.

kaushik
Newly Registered

Post by kaushik » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:53 am

Thank you once again...!!!!

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:36 pm

I am not sure if the Master from India is eligible. I have master from Thailand from an American university. The point calculator showed 0 points even for this master. However, I find my second master from Australia do got 35 points. Thank god.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:58 pm

[
Since this process is more on point based, it is irrelevant now whether you fall under highly skilled category or not. If you score enough points you can apply for it.[/quote]

Hey... dont spread wrong mesages!!! ha ha ha

PBS is for highly skilled people .. Its just that in PBS, HO checks whether the applicant is highly skilled or Not then the visa stamp, both happens at one strech ... In HSMP its was a bit long process.. First apply for HSMP approval then for EC..

in PBS Tier1 , HO will look at your work experience and your earning, to grade you if you are Highly skilled ,then the visa stamp!!! :D

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:03 pm

dima wrote:Hey... dont spread wrong mesages!!! ha ha ha

PBS is for highly skilled people .. Its just that in PBS, HO checks whether the applicant is highly skilled or Not then the visa stamp, both happens at one strech ... In HSMP its was a bit long process.. First apply for HSMP approval then for EC..

in PBS Tier1 , HO will look at your work experience and your earning, to grade you if you are Highly skilled ,then the visa stamp!!!
Didn't understand what do you mean? Can you explain?

Besides, which message was wrong?
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:14 pm

chetanojha wrote:
kaushik wrote:
Since this process is more on point based, it is irrelevant now whether you fall under highly skilled category or not. If you score enough points you can apply for it.

Do you thnk Tier1 G visa is not for Highly skilled..???Hey come on!!.. you are guru.. You should know... anyways.. pls check this..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... igibility/

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:18 pm

rohitktm wrote:I am not sure if the Master from India is eligible. I have master from Thailand from an American university. The point calculator showed 0 points even for this master. However, I find my second master from Australia do got 35 points. Thank god.
Most of the Indian Masters degrees are recognised by the PBS calculator.
Last edited by push on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:27 pm

dima wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
kaushik wrote:

Do you thnk Tier1 G visa is not for Highly skilled..???Hey come on!!.. you are guru.. You should know... anyways.. pls check this..

All one needs for Tier-1 is meet the minimum points. What else? It is irrelevant what area you work in or how skilled are you. Tell us if we are missing anything here. It is not a "skills shortage" visa
regards,
push

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:55 pm

dima wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
kaushik wrote:

This is a Point Based system. Nobody mentioned that it is "not" for highly skilled. What has been mentioned here is anybody who can score enough points can apply for Tier-1(G) irrespective of the skills. Beside you posted the below messages:
in PBS Tier1 , HO will look at your work experience and your earning, to grade you if you are Highly skilled ,then the visa stamp!!!
I hope you are reading the right policy document.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:06 pm

chetanojha wrote:
dima wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
kaushik wrote:

This is a Point Based system. Nobody mentioned that it is "not" for highly skilled. What has been mentioned here is anybody who can score enough points can apply for Tier-1(G) irrespective of the skills. Beside you posted the below messages:
I hope you are reading the right policy document.
If I am not mistaken, there used be a visa for low -skilled group.. I guess it do not exist now...
So, PBS is mainly for High skilled group, even though its Point based.. something similar to Australian Point based system for PR visa, its mainly for the highly skilled lot...

( Do you think a low skilled person can reach their criteria of work experience and previous earnings, this is quite obvious.. Also, Now its only mastres degree of Tier1!! )

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:26 pm

PBS also covers Skills based (work permit), Student VISAs. At the same time skill is not the same as earning more money or being post-graduate. At the end of the day if you meet the points criteria you qualify whatever level of your skills is, period.
regards,
push

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:27 pm

If I am not mistaken, there used be a visa for low -skilled group.. I guess it do not exist now...
I am not aware of that.
So, PBS is mainly for High skilled group, even though its Point based.. something similar to Australian Point based system for PR visa, its mainly for the highly skilled lot...
PBS is for anybody/everybody who can score enough points irrespective of the skills or higher skills.
Do you think a low skilled person can reach their criteria of work experience and previous earnings, this is quite obvious
Why not? A person who just passed out from his masters degree may not have enough experience but may have a higher package to score enough points. Work experience is not considered any more now.
.. Also, Now its only mastres degree of Tier1!!
Master's degree has nothing to do with skills. You can be low-skilled even with Masters Degree.Masters Degree doesn't certify your skills.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:30 pm

chetanojha wrote: Master's degree has nothing to do with skills. You can be low-skilled even with Masters Degree.Masters Degree doesn't certify your skills.
More so when we see posts which say you can get a Master's Degree which meet PBS threshold in less than 6 months!!
regards,
push

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:24 pm

chetanojha wrote:
I am not aware of that.
PBS is for anybody/everybody who can score enough points irrespective of the skills or higher skills.
Do you think a low skilled person can reach their criteria of work experience and previous earnings, this is quite obvious
Why not? A person who just passed out from his masters degree may not have enough experience but may have a higher package to score enough points. Work experience is not considered any more now.
.. Also, Now its only mastres degree of Tier1!!
Master's degree has nothing to do with skills. You can be low-skilled even with Masters Degree.Masters Degree doesn't certify your skills.
hey .. what are u saying?? :roll: work expeince does not matter?? It does matter very much.. applicants need to show their previous experience, reference letters, job offer letters for 3 years etc( for the first time HSMP tier1) to get HSMP Tier1. Why do think they need all these docs? Just to make sure that the aplicant is righly/ highly skilled ... UK do not need low skilled applicants..
You guys are a bit confused with PBS .. Its mainly to filter out low-skilled group...

Its just that in the previous HSMP applicant need to get HSMP approval, then the EC stamp...
Now in PBS , both happen together...thats only diffenece.. and also They have complately removed the Low-skilled people getting into UK..
( as I have said , there used to be another visa section for low-skilled.. if you can check the HO link)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:36 pm

dima wrote:hey .. what are u saying?? work expeince does not matter?? It does matter very much.. applicants need to show their previous experience, reference letters, job offer letters for 3 years etc( for the first time HSMP tier1) to get HSMP Tier1. Why do think they need all these docs? Just to make sure that the aplicant is righly/ highly skilled ... UK do not need low skilled applicants..
You guys are a bit confused with PBS .. Its mainly to filter out low-skilled group...

Its just that in the previous HSMP applicant need to get HSMP approval, then the EC stamp...
Now in PBS , both happen together...thats only diffenece.. and also They have complately removed the Low-skilled people getting into UK..
( as I have said , there used to be another visa section for low-skilled.. if you can check the HO link)
Only person seems to be confused is you. Don't think you are reading Guidance Notes for Tier-1(G). You can shout the same thing again and again from roof-top but that's not gonna help.Read the guidance notes and then comment on things.
Besides, there is no visa category called "HSMP-Tier1". HSMP is a closed book now which is replace by Tier-1. You can read the remaining details on either this forum or on UKBA link.