ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plan to shift to contract,what if jobless while applying ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

plan to shift to contract,what if jobless while applying ILR

Post by webhunter » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:44 pm

I have read in various posts that it is either better (or even mandatory) that one should have a job while applying for ILR.

I am due for ILR(4 years) in 6 months time and I am now planning to jump to contracting from my perm position. What this means is in next 6 months anything can happen, job less for a few months before application or exactly job less on the time of application.

Now the tricky bit is, can you be jobless a few months before application ( I have been economically active for the last 3 and half years). Even trickier and intersting fact is, my Leave to reamain does'nt expire in 6 months time (I will still have valid leave to reamin 1 + 4 HSMP, a year after i am eligible to apply for ILR ).

So can I not apply (assuming I wont be in a contract when I am due for ILR) at that time, and just keep waiting beyond that point till a date when I have a contract (using my additional HSMP leave) and then apply once a job in hand. Even in this scenario, I need to meet the requirement not being job less for a few months before applying ( if there is such a requirement).

Any thoughts, please ?

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:34 pm

If you contract through your own limited Liability company you wouldn't have to worry about being out of contract as you would still be employed to your company
'In everything give thanks'