ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Sending Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guly3

Naturalisation - Sending Passport

Post by guly3 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi,

In the FORM AN for british citizenship, it is mentioned that I should provide my passport. The application can take up to 6 months, means I would be without my passport for 6 months. I need to know what is the usual Home Office practise.

Do they send the passport as soon as they have verified it? Or do they keep the documents until the application is completely process.

Please please please if someone can answer me.

Many thanks

abi_abc
Newly Registered

Post by abi_abc » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Apply through the NCS (Nationality checking service). Your local council or one nearby should provide this. Do a search for it. For a very reasonable fee they will check your application and supporting documents, take photocopies and fees and you can then keep your originals - passports etc.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Please read the guideline document carefully. It clearly mentions NCS details.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:48 pm

abi_abc wrote:Apply through the NCS (Nationality checking service). Your local council or one nearby should provide this. Do a search for it. For a very reasonable fee they will check your application and supporting documents, take photocopies and fees and you can then keep your originals - passports etc.
That seems the best option if you want to keep your passport with you and it saves you the stress of thinking of how long your passport would be away for. For my area, they only charge £40 per applicant

guly3

Post by guly3 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:30 am

Nice. I got the details of NCS in my area. I will post through them. Thanks a bunch people