ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saayinla

Re: Covering letter

Post by saayinla » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:53 pm

staffordjafar wrote:Dear Saayinla,

could you please share your covering letter with me . I know seniors ( Push) has asked me to check the stickys but i cant find a latest one

I got my extension in PEO next week, so please help me regarding this

Please could you email it to staffordjafar@gmail.com

Many Thanks

Regards
Jafar
Hi jafar, as ambitious said, you do not need to include this but if you insist , i ll forward a copy to your mail.

Mine wasnt looked at for one sec and I wasnt asked a single question either.

Just go for it.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Many thanks !!!!

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Ambitious- Many Thanks for your quick response and advice.

Saayinla-- Many Thanks for your quick reply. I didnt know what you and ambitious just told.

I'll wait for your email and will use it as necessary

Thanks again guys!!!!

Regards
Jafar
Last edited by ITGraduate on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

psw2009
Member of Standing

psw in person application

Post by psw2009 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:00 pm

hi guys, i have in person appointment for psw visa next month. i want to ask a question that will visa offcer tell me on the day of appointment that my application is approved orr refuse thanks

mavrick7
Newly Registered

Applying Tier-1 extn...

Post by mavrick7 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi All

I am applying for Hsmp to Tier-1 Extn at Birmingham soon, can you please check the following and advise if I am missing anything:

My over letter goes like:

1. Age Assessment
Under 30 years of age – 20 points claimed

Date of Birth: xxx

a. Current Valid Original Passport

2. Qualification Assessment
Masters Degree – 35 points claimed

a. Previously scored points for the same qualification during initial application for HSMP which is:
b. As per guidelines in place from 31-March-2009 for claiming points on the same qualification previously used for initial application, I am not required to provide the evidence again for extension.

3. Previous Earnings Assessment
£35,000 - £39,999 - 40 points claimed

12 month period claiming for: xxx

a. Type 1 - Original formal monthly payslips for the claimed 12 months.
b. Type 2 - Original Bank Statements for the claimed 12 months. Please note that the salary is credited to my Account No. xxxx Bank around 23rd of every month and the Payslips are dated 30th or 31st of the month. This is referenced at the back of every payslip.
c. Original reference letter from Employer and contact information for verification purposes.
d. Original letter from Employer confirming change in Annual salary.
e. Original contract of employment mentioning previous Annual Salary.
f. Annexure 1 – Showing Monthly Gross Salary (before any deductions) and Monthly Net Salary prepared by myself which summarizes the above evidence. This is prepared to reflect the Gross and Net Annual Salary for the claimed 12 month period. Please treat this annexure as a reference document only.

4. UK Experience
Previous Earnings in UK – 5 points claimed

a. I confirm that my Immigration status (HSMP) legally entitles me to be in the United Kingdom and work here throughout the period during which the claimed earnings were made.

5. English Language

a. I confirm that I am currently in the United Kingdom as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and have previously satisfied the English Language Requirement during initial application.

6. Maintenance of Funds

a. Original Bank A/c Statements last nine months.
b. As per the guidelines in place from 31-March-2009, the most recent statement should not be dated more than one calendar month from the date of the application. Hence the most recent statement I have attached is within one calendar month from the date of this application.

7. Other Supporting Documents

a. Original Letter from Bank confirming all accounts I hold with the Bank are solely in my name. The reason I have provided this letter is because the Account Statement states the first initial of my Forename i.e. L. Tyler.

Thanks

sanak

Post by sanak » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi PinkFloyd,

Can you please share the document you carried did you carry English letter ...

Thanks and Regards
Sanak

lizrich002
Newly Registered

Post by lizrich002 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:15 pm

My experience at PEO Croydon

Apointment date and time: 28th July at 9:00am

8:15 - Arrival at PEO and security checks, went through a different line for premium applications

8:23 - Initial check on the ground floor. Appointment booked in, Our passport photographs were checked, form checked, payment details put on top and we were issued a ticket.
Slight hitch here, my husband's old passport was due to expire in Sept so we got a new one but did not cancel the old one so they asked us to go and cancel it and come back as they cannot put the permit on the new one with the old one still valid. There was no way we would go and come back another day so we asked them to put it on the old one. They said we would have to pay for it to be transferred to the new one later ( about £500).
Anyway, we were directed to first floor to pay with a instruction on the form that the visa should be put on the old one.

8:35 - Payment made and directed to 2nd floor

8:40 - Waiting to be called on the 2nd floor

9:15 - Called by a case worker who checked the passports first and started off with the old and new passport thing again, saw the instruction, said she was making checks and asked if my husband has previously been refused entry as a working holidaymaker which he confirmed.
Stood up to make further checks.
Came back and asked for passport photographs and checked the other documents.
She was not looking very friendly initially and wouldn't speak up so had to be standing several times to hear what she was saying. She was also very slow and somehow meticulous, checking and re-checking

After about 30- 45 minutes of sitting there and she asking bits and pieces of information, she told us to go and sit down as she needed to check the documents and will call us soon. Asked her how long, she said she doesn't know.

About 11:00 - she called our number and asked for my degree certificate, I explained that I did not have to provide it according to the guidance, she said she knows but she still wants it, gave it to her. She was obviously on the point based calculator then, took her almost 10 minutes to verify that.
She then said she needs to verify my earnings. I attached my employent lettter and P60 for my part time job as additional proof because of some slight discrepancies in 2 of the payslips and my account statement. I mentioned this in the covering letter.
She then asked for the employement letter from the other jobs which I thankfully had and gave to her.
Then she started looking at the payslips and corroborating with the bank statement. I highlighted all the payments (just used a pencil). I had 10 payslips from one employer, 9 from one and 3 from another.
She was in the process when one the more experienced ones walked by and told her she doesn't need to check everything, she should just check about 4 or 5 from each source so she stopped checking everything.
She added up everything but I made a mistake in my calculations but because it was still under the same point, she overlooked it.
Checked every other thing and told us at about half past 11, she told us to go and come back btw 1:30 and 2. She said we can come later but we must be there before 4 as the dorrs will close then.

11:30 - Off we went to the shopping mall, had some lunch, did some shopping and got back in at about 2:00pm. the time flew by, maybe because my husband was there.

2:00 - Went to customer service on 1st floor, said it wasn't ready, so took our seat and at about 25 mins past 2, we were called. Visa extended till Nov 2012 and the good part was that the extension was placed in my husband's new passport saving us the stress of having to transfer it. They made a note on the visa in his old passport that it was not onger valid and referred to the new passport.

2:40 - Left the PEO rejoicing

For people who may need the information, we drove down and parked in a pay and display parking lot at about 3/4 of a mile to the place, cost us £5.

Points claimed
Qualification - 30 points
Age - 10 points
UK experience - 5 points
Earnings - 30 points

Used my easy savers account for maintenance and my current account for proof of earnings.

Also declared in teh covering letter the speeding notice that my husband received, he was not prosecuted, only attended a speed awareness course.

Any questions? I will be ready to answer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Applying Tier-1 extn...

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Congratulations.!!
mavrick7 wrote:Hi All

I am applying for Hsmp to Tier-1 Extn at Birmingham soon, can you please check the following and advise if I am missing anything:

My over letter goes like:

1. Age Assessment
Under 30 years of age – 20 points claimed

Date of Birth: xxx

a. Current Valid Original Passport

2. Qualification Assessment
Masters Degree – 35 points claimed

a. Previously scored points for the same qualification during initial application for HSMP which is:
b. As per guidelines in place from 31-March-2009 for claiming points on the same qualification previously used for initial application, I am not required to provide the evidence again for extension.

3. Previous Earnings Assessment
£35,000 - £39,999 - 40 points claimed

12 month period claiming for: xxx

a. Type 1 - Original formal monthly payslips for the claimed 12 months.
b. Type 2 - Original Bank Statements for the claimed 12 months. Please note that the salary is credited to my Account No. xxxx Bank around 23rd of every month and the Payslips are dated 30th or 31st of the month. This is referenced at the back of every payslip.
c. Original reference letter from Employer and contact information for verification purposes.
d. Original letter from Employer confirming change in Annual salary.
e. Original contract of employment mentioning previous Annual Salary.
f. Annexure 1 – Showing Monthly Gross Salary (before any deductions) and Monthly Net Salary prepared by myself which summarizes the above evidence. This is prepared to reflect the Gross and Net Annual Salary for the claimed 12 month period. Please treat this annexure as a reference document only.

4. UK Experience
Previous Earnings in UK – 5 points claimed

a. I confirm that my Immigration status (HSMP) legally entitles me to be in the United Kingdom and work here throughout the period during which the claimed earnings were made.

5. English Language

a. I confirm that I am currently in the United Kingdom as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and have previously satisfied the English Language Requirement during initial application.

6. Maintenance of Funds

a. Original Bank A/c Statements last nine months.
b. As per the guidelines in place from 31-March-2009, the most recent statement should not be dated more than one calendar month from the date of the application. Hence the most recent statement I have attached is within one calendar month from the date of this application.

7. Other Supporting Documents

a. Original Letter from Bank confirming all accounts I hold with the Bank are solely in my name. The reason I have provided this letter is because the Account Statement states the first initial of my Forename i.e. L. Tyler.

Thanks

Vardhineni

Post by Vardhineni » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi All,

I had HSMP Visa valid untill 1st Dec 2009. I went to PEO Croydon on July 28th 2009 for Tier 1(General) extension.Along with me, i had applications for three of my dependants. i had appointment at 10 AM. i and my wife went to the PEO.

Below is my experience:

Drove down to London ( about 3 hrs) and reached Home Office at about 8 AM. Parked at Whitgift Parking just opposite to the Home Office.

1) Stood at the line at 8:15 AM. A security person had come and said it is too early and we need to come at 9 AM.
2) Went out, had a coffee and went back to Home Office at 9 AM.
3) Security Checks at the entrance.
4) At the reception, took all 4 forms, passports. Gave a reference number and returned back all the forms and passports.
5) Went to First Floor at 9:15 AM and Paid the fees of 1170 ( 1020 + 3 * 50). I got delayed here due to some problem with the payment system.
6) Went to Second Floor at 9:40 AM. The Case worker in one of the desk was waiting for me.
7) Went to the Case worker directly. She was a nice lady. I explained about the delay in the payment section.
8) She asked my application and 3 other dependant applications. She also asked for passports.
9) She went through all the applications and passports.
10) She verified with me that previously i was on Work Permit and then moved to HSMP.
11) In my application, she said that i had put in a wrong visa reference number. This is regarding the first time i came to UK. First time, i came to UK on a business visa in June 2004. I put in these visa details. But she said i should put in the details of the first time i came on Work Permit in Nov 2004. Frankly, the questions on the App form were not clear. It just asks about details of the first time i came to UK. I feel i am right but the case worker asked me to change the details on the App form. I changed the details and handed over the updated form. ( In future , if the application asks me about details of first time i came to UK, i would still put details of my business visa because this is correct. Because App just asks about first time and not first time on Work Permit).
12) She then had a look at all applications and passports. She said that this is going to take a long time. She asked me to put all my supporting documents on the desk meanwhile. i put in whatever is required like payslips, bank statements, covering letters, marriage certificate and 2 birth certificates for my children.
13) She then started looking at the Qualifications sections. She looked at the documents i provided and said i did not give her the degree certificate. I said that i do not need to as i have previously submitted in HSMP application. She still asked for it. I gave her my degree certificate and degree transcript.
14) She then started looking at the earning sections. She looked at the payslips and bank statements.
15) She said she could see my salary getting credited into my bank account.
16) Then she started calculating the earnings. After a while, she asked me how did i come to the total amount i claimed. I made her look at the covering letter and explained her about my Gross Salaries for 12 months. She was actually looking at Net Salaries in Payslips. Then she was happy with it. At this point, i also gave her my p60 for the previous financial year.
17) She went through all other sections of the application form.
18) At about 10:30 AM, she said that we can go out and come back at about 12:30 - 1 PM. I asked her if she requires anything else. She said no. i repeated the list of documents i have provided. Then she asked me if i have my employer letter. I said i do not have it. Only two evidences are required and i have provided payslips and bank statements. She was fine with it.
19) Went out to Whitgift Shopping Centre just opposite Home Office.
20) Came back to HO at 12: 30 PM. The desk was closed. I and my wife sat in a place where the case worker could see us if she opens the desk.
21) Waiting time.......
22) The desk was still closed at 1 PM. Did not know what was happening.
22) Finally, the desk was opened at 1:15 PM. She asked us to come to the desk. She said she has approved my visa untill 1st Dec 2012 and returned back all the documents we have provided. She asked us to go to the first floor and collect the passports.
23) Passports arrived at 2:15 PM.
24) Collected the passports, had lunch in an Restaruant and headed back to my home.

Below are my details:

Qualifications: Bachelor Degree ( 30 Points)
Earnings: 45 Points ( Period: 1st July 2008 to 30 th June 2009)
12 Payslips and 12 Bank Statements

Maintenance: Maintened £2399 for well over 3 months.

Marriage Certificate
2 Birth Certificates.
Covering Letter

Over all it was a pleasant expereince. The staff were very nice.

And finally Thank You all of you for the guidance. Especially Chetan, thanks mate for all the help.

Now, it is Payback time for me, any help please let me know.

Thanks
--Pradeep

psw2009
Member of Standing

cash or postal order

Post by psw2009 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:31 pm

dear can we pay by cash in premium service or do we need to pay by postal orderr or cheque what would u recomend

Vardhineni

Post by Vardhineni » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 pm

Yes We can pay by cash. I would rather use a debit or credit card to make payments for in-person applications.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:21 pm

Excellent Debrief Pradeep... Congrates once again...
Some very important points from your experience highlighted below: Very usefull.
Vardhineni wrote:Hi All,

I had HSMP Visa valid untill 1st Dec 2009. I went to PEO Croydon on July 28th 2009 for Tier 1(General) extension.Along with me, i had applications for three of my dependants. i had appointment at 10 AM. i and my wife went to the PEO.

Below is my experience:

Drove down to London ( about 3 hrs) and reached Home Office at about 8 AM. Parked at Whitgift Parking just opposite to the Home Office.

1) Stood at the line at 8:15 AM. A security person had come and said it is too early and we need to come at 9 AM.
2) Went out, had a coffee and went back to Home Office at 9 AM.
3) Security Checks at the entrance.
4) At the reception, took all 4 forms, passports. Gave a reference number and returned back all the forms and passports.
5) Went to First Floor at 9:15 AM and Paid the fees of 1170 ( 1020 + 3 * 50). I got delayed here due to some problem with the payment system.
6) Went to Second Floor at 9:40 AM. The Case worker in one of the desk was waiting for me.
7) Went to the Case worker directly. She was a nice lady. I explained about the delay in the payment section.
8) She asked my application and 3 other dependant applications. She also asked for passports.
9) She went through all the applications and passports.
10) She verified with me that previously i was on Work Permit and then moved to HSMP.
11) In my application, she said that i had put in a wrong visa reference number. This is regarding the first time i came to UK. First time, i came to UK on a business visa in June 2004. I put in these visa details. But she said i should put in the details of the first time i came on Work Permit in Nov 2004. Frankly, the questions on the App form were not clear. It just asks about details of the first time i came to UK. I feel i am right but the case worker asked me to change the details on the App form. I changed the details and handed over the updated form. ( In future , if the application asks me about details of first time i came to UK, i would still put details of my business visa because this is correct. Because App just asks about first time and not first time on Work Permit).
12) She then had a look at all applications and passports. She said that this is going to take a long time. She asked me to put all my supporting documents on the desk meanwhile. i put in whatever is required like payslips, bank statements, covering letters, marriage certificate and 2 birth certificates for my children.
13) She then started looking at the Qualifications sections. She looked at the documents i provided and said i did not give her the degree certificate. I said that i do not need to as i have previously submitted in HSMP application. She still asked for it. I gave her my degree certificate and degree transcript.
14) She then started looking at the earning sections. She looked at the payslips and bank statements.
15) She said she could see my salary getting credited into my bank account.
16) Then she started calculating the earnings. After a while, she asked me how did i come to the total amount i claimed. I made her look at the covering letter and explained her about my Gross Salaries for 12 months. She was actually looking at Net Salaries in Payslips. Then she was happy with it. At this point, i also gave her my p60 for the previous financial year.
17) She went through all other sections of the application form.
18) At about 10:30 AM, she said that we can go out and come back at about 12:30 - 1 PM. I asked her if she requires anything else. She said no. i repeated the list of documents i have provided. Then she asked me if i have my employer letter. I said i do not have it. Only two evidences are required and i have provided payslips and bank statements. She was fine with it.
19) Went out to Whitgift Shopping Centre just opposite Home Office.
20) Came back to HO at 12: 30 PM. The desk was closed. I and my wife sat in a place where the case worker could see us if she opens the desk.
21) Waiting time.......
22) The desk was still closed at 1 PM. Did not know what was happening.
22) Finally, the desk was opened at 1:15 PM. She asked us to come to the desk. She said she has approved my visa untill 1st Dec 2012 and returned back all the documents we have provided. She asked us to go to the first floor and collect the passports.
23) Passports arrived at 2:15 PM.
24) Collected the passports, had lunch in an Restaruant and headed back to my home.

Below are my details:

Qualifications: Bachelor Degree ( 30 Points)
Earnings: 45 Points ( Period: 1st July 2008 to 30 th June 2009)
12 Payslips and 12 Bank Statements

Maintenance: Maintened £2399 for well over 3 months.

Marriage Certificate
2 Birth Certificates.
Covering Letter

Over all it was a pleasant expereince. The staff were very nice.

And finally Thank You all of you for the guidance. Especially Chetan, thanks mate for all the help.

Now, it is Payback time for me, any help please let me know.

Thanks
--Pradeep

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 pm

On Degree certificate- Instead of providing the certificate it would have been perfectly fine to ot provide one and show the relevant para from guidance note.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:21 pm

push_hsmp wrote:On Degree certificate- Instead of providing the certificate it would have been perfectly fine to ot provide one and show the relevant para from guidance note.
That's true, but these guys still ask for it :-(

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:29 pm

I know but on some of the unambiguous things one needs to put his foot down. The guys behind the counter are not completely unreasonable. If they hear it often from the applicants they would have to rethink- otherwise it would become a norm.
regards,
push

crestwater
Newly Registered

Post by crestwater » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:15 am

I applied in person at Croydon on the 29th of June with 2 dependants (wife and Child).
Everything was quick from the security to the initial checking of my application form, then i went on to the payment section.
I was delayed a bit at the payment section due to the number of people that were also there to make payment. By the time i would get to the 2nd floor, they have already called my reference number so i was asked to wait for another 40min before someone could attend to me.
Finally an elderly man called me to his counter, gave him my passport which he went to show to someone else in the background.
He came back and requested for my application form which i handed over to him, he asked for my payslip and bank statement then he confirmed that the 2 corroborate each other before entering my earnings into the calculator on his PC.
He requested for my degree certificate and i told him that i presented that for my initial application but he insisted i show him and i did since i had it with me at the time.
After checking he told me to go and return to 1st floor in about 2hours that he will take my application to his supervisor for final checking.
I came back to 1st floor after 2hours and i was told that my Passport has not been brought there so i waited. After waiting for about 30min the man in counter 16 called me and said they want me upstairs on 2nd floor, when i got ther i was told to wait that they are expecting a response from an enquiry they made concerning my application.
I waited for about 40min, then a lady called my name and gave me a letter that i will have to go home because they have not got a response from the enquiry that she will call me within 2 or 3 days to give me the outcome of my application before sending my documents to me. All was a lie! she only said this to make me go home because i insisted that i paid a premium price for same day response and also demanded to know where they are expecting a response but she refused to tell me.
Then the waiting game started!
After i submitted my application, i got to know that an employer which i worked for has moved its office to another location. I therefore wrote a letter to HO informing them of the current employer contact details.
The most astonishing thing is that when the case worker finished with my application, he/she sent it to the current contact detail of my former employer not my address. It was my former employer who called me to tell me that he got my documents from HO.
WHat i dont know is what prompted HO to send my document to the address of my employer and not my own address.
Well all good ......I got my visa!
Thank you everyone

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:19 pm

hi all,

Everybody is speaking about the Degree certificete being asked by the Immigration Officer, my question is :

Is the degree certificate asked to verify the Highest Level Of Qualification(PG Certificate)
or
Is the Degree Certificate to verify English Language Requirement(as asked in HSMP)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:46 pm

erpfresh wrote:hi all,

Everybody is speaking about the Degree certificete being asked by the Immigration Officer, my question is :

Is the degree certificate asked to verify the Highest Level Of Qualification(PG Certificate)
or
Is the Degree Certificate to verify English Language Requirement(as asked in HSMP)
Doesn't matter for what purpose it is asked. Better provide it :-)
From Pradeep's experience it was asked for qualification purpose.

mavrick7
Newly Registered

HSMP TO TIER-1 EXTENSION APPROVED - DAY AT CROYDON

Post by mavrick7 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi All

I wanted to share with all of you my experience at Croydon-PEO for the above.

8:00am Arrived at the centre - fortunately was the first one in the premium service que.

8:05am Went through airport style security cheque.

8:15am Initial checque of Application form and passport. This is the point where they check if you have used the correct application form and populated all the necessary fields. They check this through a checklist they have. at this point you will be given your token number, mine was 1. After they verified the form and passport, they ask you to go to the 1st floor and pay the fee.

8:25am Went to the 1st floor and paid the £1020 using a debit card. (Felt very uneasy giving away 1k for this). After paying they asked me to go to the 2nd floor and wait for my number to be called.

8:27am Reached the 2nd floor and all the counters were shut and they starting opening up around 8:45am. However my number as called exactly at 9am.

9:00am The case worked immidiately asked for my Application form, passport and the token no. slip. He sniffed through my passport and checked his computer for details. I reckon he was checking my HSMP number mentioned on the current visa on his database. Sniffed through the application form and matched the passport details, home office ref no. etc.

9:10am Then he asked me for my supporting documents, the list of docs I submitted is mentioned on my draft covering letter which I posted on this board earlier. After taking all the docs he very neatly kept all in a row on his table and asked me to wait for sometime. I asked if I can leave the building at this point of time. He said dont leave as yet, I might call you in the next 20mins. I went and sat in the waiting area.

9:30am He then announced my token number to come to the window, he said everything looks ok, however now you can leave the building and come back in around 11:30. I understood that now is the point where is they check all the documents in details and possibly call your employer etc to check for referernces. So I went to the mall just a short walk and was starving and had a whole English breakfast.

11:00am Out of curocity went back to the building and went through the security check all over again and straight went to the 2nd floor. Waited Waited Waited till about 12:00pm when I heard my token number. Went to the same window as before and the case worker said the glorious words...YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED and leave has been granted for a further three years from the date of your current visa expiry. Relieved with the news, I thanked him and he gave all y documents back. He said that he is now sending the passport for stamping and can take upto 1hr and you will need to be on the 1st floor whereby you token no. will be announced. So I asked him if I can leave the building, he said yes you can, couldnt help was itching for a smoke.

12:45 Came back in and went through the security AGAIN and went straight through to the 1st floor. Waited for about 10 mins and my number was called in and the lady gave my passport and asked me to check for all the details like name, dob etc and handed over a Home Office letter very similar to what we all got during initial application.

So all in all it was nerve racking experience till the time I didnt hear the word "APPROVED".

I wanna thabk you all for your experiences and useful posts. A special thanks to PUSH for helping me through my queries.

All the best to you all. Hope everything worksout for everyone using this board.

Regards
Mav

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi all,

As u guys I mean most of u have secured extension, can u plz guide me in filling the Tier1 application form. My case is
WP - HSMP -Tier1

can u just tell me what I need to furnish here:

B10. Home Office reference numbers
I have given OUR REFERENCE LT******* from HO ILR approval letter

B11.Give details of any Worker Reference Numbers under workpermit arrangements.
Shall I furnish reference number same as B10
or
In work permit, I have a Worker Reference Number E*****

B13. Points Based Migrant Reference Number
What shall I give here , there was a number starting with HSMP***** , shall I give this number

Please clarrify these doubts

regards,
Sunitha

niruv

Post by niruv » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:32 pm

One of my friends had an appointment in sheffied on 05th Aug.
IT systems were down on that day. Caseworker took the application and gave reference number but no update till now. Is anyone in this situation?

archman
Newly Registered

Post by archman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:06 pm

i walked in croydon PEO - 5th august ... no updates yet... called 0870607766, they are very sure they can gimme an update in 14 weeks time....lol

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:10 am

erpfresh wrote:Hi all,

As u guys I mean most of u have secured extension, can u plz guide me in filling the Tier1 application form. My case is
WP - HSMP -Tier1

can u just tell me what I need to furnish here:

B10. Home Office reference numbers
I have given OUR REFERENCE LT******* from HO ILR approval letter

B11.Give details of any Worker Reference Numbers under workpermit arrangements.
Shall I furnish reference number same as B10
or
In work permit, I have a Worker Reference Number E*****

B13. Points Based Migrant Reference Number
What shall I give here , there was a number starting with HSMP***** , shall I give this number

Please clarrify these doubts

regards,
Sunitha
guys please help me , I'm planning to apply next week

Swift
Newly Registered

system down 05 Aug

Post by Swift » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:05 am

I also went down on the 5th of August having pre-booked an appointment. Can't believe how unlucky I am that the system stopped working on this particular day. I've called and been told 14 weeks as well, which seems unbelievable as my application type should complete in 6 weeks even if sent by post.

I paid the extra £200 for a premium service but certainly haven't got a one-day process time out of it. Would there be any way to get this money back seeing as they failed to provide what I paid for? Unlikely, just so used to thinking of this in the same way as other purchases where we actually have consumer rights.

They don't seem to be able to give a simple answer as to if the system is back and running. I wouldn't think it would be left down for long, surely that would mean anyone who had paid for the one-day service would be getting an answer very soon. Does any one have any ideas?

This was in Croydon btw, so guess the system that was offline was a national one.

kulksnikhil

Any fresh applicants?

Post by kulksnikhil » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 am

Hi guys,

I see that this thread has all the HSMP extension seekers. Is there anybody who has successfully made first time Tier - 1 General application by visiting in person?

I am especially interested in people who are switching from Student Visa to Tier 1 General (applying in person).

Thanks a million guys for sharing all your views !!

push
United Kingdom

Re: Any fresh applicants?

Post by push » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:54 am

kulksnikhil wrote:Hi guys,

I see that this thread has all the HSMP extension seekers. Is there anybody who has successfully made first time Tier - 1 General application by visiting in person?

I am especially interested in people who are switching from Student Visa to Tier 1 General (applying in person).

Thanks a million guys for sharing all your views !!
Is there a specific question you have in mind or you just want applicants in your category to share their experiences?
regards,
push