ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA requesting "Subject Access Form" for naturali

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Queens
Newly Registered

UKBA requesting "Subject Access Form" for naturali

Post by Queens » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 pm

I've had (what I think is) a strange request from UKBA asking me to complete and process a 'Subject Access Form' in order for them to process my naturalisation application.

I have done an exhaustive search, and haven't come across anybody who has been asked for this previously. Am I right, that this is atypical?

Anyway, I am surprised because I wouldn' have expected to raise any flags. I have been a UK Academic for the past 12 years; in addition I own my own company, and have never had any immigration issues - nor any police issues for that matter! (And I am from a country that was a British colony up to 1981, so I was in fact born a Brit subject!)

I have been sitting on my ILR for the past 2 years, and had expected to be one of the 'quick turn arounds' for naturalisation.

Does anybody know why I am being subjected to this extra check? Do they just pick people out at random (like some airports do)?

redshrek
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA requesting "Subject Access Form" for natu

Post by redshrek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Queens wrote:I've had (what I think is) a strange request from UKBA asking me to complete and process a 'Subject Access Form' in order for them to process my naturalisation application.

I have done an exhaustive search, and haven't come across anybody who has been asked for this previously. Am I right, that this is atypical?

Anyway, I am surprised because I wouldn' have expected to raise any flags. I have been a UK Academic for the past 12 years; in addition I own my own company, and have never had any immigration issues - nor any police issues for that matter! (And I am from a country that was a British colony up to 1981, so I was in fact born a Brit subject!)

I have been sitting on my ILR for the past 2 years, and had expected to be one of the 'quick turn arounds' for naturalisation.

Does anybody know why I am being subjected to this extra check? Do they just pick people out at random (like some airports do)?
Are you based in northern ireland? My understanding is that the CRB checks are different there and UKBA need your permission in order to complete the check. I maybe wrong but i think this is the letter you are referring to. If this is the case then there really isn't anything worry about.

Queens
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA requesting "Subject Access Form" for natu

Post by Queens » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks Redshrek.

I am based in NI indeed, so I think you're right. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

However, I still find it bizarre that:-

1. It took UKBA 2 months to ask me for this! One would have thought that they would have asked me for it me automatically (maybe even with the acknowledgement letter) as as soon as they noticed that I live in NI.

2. It's not in the Form AN guidaance notes. Surely, it is easy to add a line to the guidance to say that if you are resident in NI, that you may want to send the results of a 'Subject Access' search with your Application.