ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

balance under 800 for one day

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zizou21
Newly Registered

balance under 800 for one day

Post by zizou21 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi everyone,

this is my first post in this forum and I hope I will find a solution regarding my visa application.
I am graduated from Greenwich University, my student visa will expire on the 31st of October I begun maintaining my balance on the 14th of july, unfortunately my balance dropped to 790 on the 3rd of August (today) but i have put money in my account on the same day.
I am intending to apply on the 15th of October do I have chance to be accepted?
Otherwise hat should I do?

thanks.

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:18 pm

The similar thing happened to me. I was short of the required amount of 800 GBP by couple of days in th beginning of the period since I received the information late from my university. My VISA was rejected on that ground. I have travelled back home & am preparing to apply from here. I was told by the VFS employee that many students have encountered the same problem.

In your case I am not sure if what action Home Office decides but it would be better to be safe. Ask someone in your family to straight away deposit 2800 GBP in your bank account with your home country. Incase if your VISA gets rejected by HO u can quickly travel home & make a fresh application. That would save you a lot of hassle. Believe me, waiting in uncertainty is the toughest time.

zizou21
Newly Registered

Post by zizou21 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:34 pm

ab041937 wrote:The similar thing happened to me. I was short of the required amount of 800 GBP by couple of days in th beginning of the period since I received the information late from my university. My VISA was rejected on that ground. I have travelled back home & am preparing to apply from here. I was told by the VFS employee that many students have encountered the same problem.

In your case I am not sure if what action Home Office decides but it would be better to be safe. Ask someone in your family to straight away deposit 2800 GBP in your bank account with your home country. Incase if your VISA gets rejected by HO u can quickly travel home & make a fresh application. That would save you a lot of hassle. Believe me, waiting in uncertainty is the toughest time.
So the £2800 has to be in a bank account in my country? Or can I keep them in a UK account?
And can i use bank statements of my sponsor (my uncle) as a evidence of funds if I want to apply from the uk?

monday

Post by monday » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi
I think you will not have problems, just make sure you make payment into your account today and the end of the day balance is more than 800. If your application is rejected you are likey to win the appeal, since the shortfall is not up to 24hrs

zizou21
Newly Registered

Post by zizou21 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:50 pm

monday wrote:Hi
I think you will not have problems, just make sure you make payment into your account today and the end of the day balance is more than 800. If your application is rejected you are likey to win the appeal, since the shortfall is not up to 24hrs
thanks for your help, basically this is what happened:

I have a direct debit which should be taken every 1st of the month, because it was a weekend the direct debit has gone through on monday (today), I have put money into my account sunday and today's statement shows that my account falls into 790 and has gone back to 900 at the same day.
I have another information that may be useful to you to help me, I am doing an internship and I have been told that i am going to be paid weekly but my company have sent me an email to say that they will pay me in two weeks can I send this email to support my application ?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:33 pm

zizou21 wrote:
thanks for your help, basically this is what happened:

I have a direct debit which should be taken every 1st of the month, because it was a weekend the direct debit has gone through on monday (today), I have put money into my account sunday and today's statement shows that my account falls into 790 and has gone back to 900 at the same day.
I have another information that may be useful to you to help me, I am doing an internship and I have been told that i am going to be paid weekly but my company have sent me an email to say that they will pay me in two weeks can I send this email to support my application ?
The guidence is clear about the £800 and if u balance was less than £800 then HO will refuse the application. If you appeal then it will be rejected as u did not have the required amount. The only solution is to apply from back home with a balance of £2800. If you have another bank account or a joint account with u name on it then u can appeal and submit those statements to cover that shorfall and then u will win the appeal. If you have not got another banka ccount then apply from u home country. HO is very strict about the maintenance rules.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:19 pm

This is quite wrong. It has been made clear from the PSW guidance that the £800 should be in your account at ALL times during the 3 month period. The case workers do not care whethre the shortfall was within 5 minutes. If they see any figure less than 800, it's going to be a rejection. I'm speaking from experience here.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:22 pm

zizou21 wrote: thanks for your help, basically this is what happened:

Sending the e-mail about the internship will not really help your application. The best advice is what ash786 has given.
All the best

zizou21
Newly Registered

Post by zizou21 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:16 pm

koolbone wrote:
zizou21 wrote: thanks for your help, basically this is what happened:

Sending the e-mail about the internship will not really help your application. The best advice is what ash786 has given.
All the best
I have decided to apply from home and need some help, my visa is going to expire on the 31st of October.
If I put £2800 in my British account from the 5th of August than would I be able on the 6th of October from my country?
Do I have to put the money in my home country account?

vinata

Post by vinata » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:44 pm

My advice would be not to panic. Wait until you receive your bank statement and see how this particular day is presented. If you are with Barclays, then they don't show transaction balances within one single day, but total balance in the begining and the end of the same day. Other banks may do the same. However, HSBC , for example, shows transaction balances and not the start and end balances on the day.

So, wait and see. It really depends on how your bank does a statement presentation. Have a look at your previous statements. How do they look like? Do they show transaction balances? If not, then you are safe. If yes, then you may start thinking about alternatives.

But having over £2,800 in your UK bank statement is a good idea in any case. So, whatever happens, you know you have enough money to apply from backhome.

zizou21
Newly Registered

Post by zizou21 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:48 pm

vinata wrote:My advice would be not to panic. Wait until you receive your bank statement and see how this particular day is presented. If you are with Barclays, then they don't show transaction balances within one single day, but total balance in the begining and the end of the same day. Other banks may do the same. However, HSBC , for example, shows transaction balances and not the start and end balances on the day.

So, wait and see. It really depends on how your bank does a statement presentation. Have a look at your previous statements. How do they look like? Do they show transaction balances? If not, then you are safe. If yes, then you may start thinking about alternatives.

But having over £2,800 in your UK bank statement is a good idea in any case. So, whatever happens, you know you have enough money to apply from backhome.
have a new element in my story, in my country i have a saving account with enough money to cover 800 at any time if added to the uk bank account balance, so is it a good idea to give statements of my Uk and my home country saving account?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:43 pm

zizou21 wrote:
vinata wrote:My advice would be not to panic. Wait until you receive your bank statement and see how this particular day is presented. If you are with Barclays, then they don't show transaction balances within one single day, but total balance in the begining and the end of the same day. Other banks may do the same. However, HSBC , for example, shows transaction balances and not the start and end balances on the day.

have a new element in my story, in my country i have a saving account with enough money to cover 800 at any time if added to the uk bank account balance, so is it a good idea to give statements of my Uk and my home country saving account?
Yes taht would be fine as long as your name is on the account and that account covers the shortfall for the UK bank account for the days your UK account was down. Gud Luk.