ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for baby born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raviskar

Visa for baby born in UK

Post by raviskar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi,

I stay in UK on HSMP visa, which is valid till march 2010. We are expecting our baby next month. Can someone tell me the procedure to get the Passport and visa for the baby?

1) As I understand, we need to register the baby with Indian Consulate, and then get the passport. Can we make both the applications together by post?(I am in Belfast, so I can apply only in post). How long does it to take to get the child passport by post?

2) How to get the UK visa for baby? Is there a timeframe before which the visa should be applied for the baby?

3) What is the visa application form to be used for child? (I hold HSMP visa). How much is the fees? How long does it to take the visa?

4) We have to extend our HSMP visa (migration to Tier1) before march 2010. Can we wait and apply for the child's visa along with our extension? How long does it take when all the applications are made at the same time(extension for myself and my wife, new visa for my child)

5) We are planning to travel to India in December. Is it possible to get the child's visa stamped in India?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Ravi.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Passport - visit http://hcilondon.in/passport.php for information on applying for a passport.
Visa - you have a choice;
1) You could apply for a dependant visa for your child in UK or
2) You can apply for a dependant visa for your child from india after they have travelled to india.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Just realised that there is a consulate in belfast: http://hcilondon.in/blefast.php

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi Saratbabu,

Thanks for your response. The consulate at Belfast does not provide passport services, they send the passport to London. Any idea on the timeframe of child's visa application? I got to travel outside UK from my company before my travel to India. So I am worried, if I dont get the child's visa in time(for which I need to send my passport as well), my passport will be struck in the immigration office.

Also, is it possible to renew our visas also from India(when we go on holidays to India)?

Thanks,
Ravi.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:46 pm

You can apply on set(o) for a dependent visa for your child at a PEO that way you will not have to be without your passport.
You will have to make an appointment, call HO at 8.59 am and you should be able to get one for six weeks in the future.
'In everything give thanks'

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:57 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. What is set(o) and PEO? Can you give me some more details please?

Regards,
Ravi.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:22 am

SET(O) is applicable when you are applying for settlement. FLR(O) is more appropriate for your child.

PEO
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:44 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your response. When I make the application for my baby's visa along with my application for extension, what will be the fees we need to pay? Will it be for considered as a new application (465 pounds) or considered as visa extension for dependents (50 pounds in this case)?

Thanks,
Ravi.

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:03 am

One more question. Would it be possible to apply for visa extension of my wife and visa for my baby when they are in India? Is it legally valid? If it is possible, I can bring their passports here when they are in India and apply from here? Do they track anything on whether the dependent applicants are in UK or outside UK?

Thanks,
Ravi.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:09 am

raviskar wrote:Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your response. When I make the application for my baby's visa along with my application for extension, what will be the fees we need to pay? Will it be for considered as a new application (465 pounds) or considered as visa extension for dependents (50 pounds in this case)?

Thanks,
Ravi.
If applying together, then probably 50 pounds.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:15 am

raviskar wrote:One more question. Would it be possible to apply for visa extension of my wife and visa for my baby when they are in India? Is it legally valid? If it is possible, I can bring their passports here when they are in India and apply from here? Do they track anything on whether the dependent applicants are in UK or outside UK?

Thanks,
Ravi.
Can I live in the United Kingdom? wrote:If you are not currently in the United Kingdom, you may need to obtain a visa before you come here. See the applying section for more information.