ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP First Appeal- Rejection

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bani

Post by bani » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:11 pm

thanks for the updates, glad to hear of the good news from NARIC. hopefully it all goes smoothly now. good luck...
amhilde wrote:Further Update-

I called NARIC this morning and they are always so nice there, but I explained the situation and that I had found comparable courses in the UK that dont require any econ background to get right on the course as my degree isnt a pure economic theory one. The nice lady (they must work in country-specific teams there) popped off to double check with her supervisor, but the undergraduate minor and the subsequent masters constitutes a continuation of my studies and that yes, the masters are comparable. I dont have to send in any of my research behind this at all, just the copies of the award certificate and my transcripts. So... Im off to go get a new transcript ( since the other one I have has holes in it) and I wont be positive of anything until I have that letter in my hand, but this seems encouraging.

Jone
Newly Registered

Post by Jone » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:34 am

I had applied for the HSMP on 26 August 2005 and got refusal on 18 August 2005. My case worker awarded me 55 points. Details is as
Education = 15
Experience = 35
Age Under 28 =5

Beside this I claimed points for salary and senior level position. But they awarded me no point.
I have provided three evidences for this purpose.

- Salary Certificate from Employer
- 12 months Salary Slips
- Annual Tax Return for the year 2004

They admitted that you have provided three evidence but they refused that I had not provided the 2005 tax return. In Pakistan Government observes tax year June-July as financial year, and tax return are required to be filed within 3 months of the close of the financial. I have provided the latest salary certificate and employer salary certificate. But caseworker not awarded points. They gave reference to 16/23 of HSMP guidance book. According to this Para I had provided all the related documents. Now I want to submit my appeal. Give me suggestion what I do. Is there any hope from HSMP to give points on this? Waiting for yours suggestions and reply. Moderator also invited on this issue for comments & suggestion.

best regards

RAG Adowalia

rella

Post by rella » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:13 am

Jone, I started a new thread for you and answered you on it.

Amhilde--it sounds like you have a good shot at getting your NARIC equivalency. Keep us posted!

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:54 pm

Another Update-

I dont think that entrance to the UK will ever be my fate. I got my NARIC assessment today and, as I feared, they are saying exactly what the HSMP is saying- so why did I just pay $250 for an assessment I knew I would get? This after I was informed on the phone that they were considered similar. This is incredibly frustrating. Does anyone have ANY sort of recommendation on what to do now? Do I contact NARIC and take it up with them? I have the name of the lady I spoke to the other day who spoke to her advisor. Or should I just accept that this lady was most likely incorrect and take it as that? Im so tired of this!

bani

Post by bani » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:48 pm

amhilde wrote:Another Update-

I dont think that entrance to the UK will ever be my fate. I got my NARIC assessment today and, as I feared, they are saying exactly what the HSMP is saying- so why did I just pay $250 for an assessment I knew I would get? This after I was informed on the phone that they were considered similar. This is incredibly frustrating. Does anyone have ANY sort of recommendation on what to do now? Do I contact NARIC and take it up with them? I have the name of the lady I spoke to the other day who spoke to her advisor. Or should I just accept that this lady was most likely incorrect and take it as that? Im so tired of this!
Hi Amhilde, I think you should take it up with NARIC and ask for the same lady. They shouldn't be giving you conflicting information. I would ask why the masters isn't considered a specialization when you already have a minor and was told it was sufficient.

Sorry to hear that it has gotten difficult again. I hope they reconsider.

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:42 pm

More NARIC fun-

I called them back this morning arguing about my assessment (same as the HSMP one) and stating that there is a course up at the U of Manchester for business economics that does not require an undergraduate degree in economics, or hell, anything even QUANTITATIVE for that matter. She said "isnt that an MBA?" and I said no, its a straight MSc. She said to put this all in writing and fax it in, and it will go to a committee. Another interesting tidbit- they apparently also labor under the assumption that "in the UK you go on for a further specialization in the degree you did your undergraduate in" My god, have ANY of these people ever been on a university campus? I really find it hard to believe this blanket assumption.

Anyway, problem now is that my second appeal deadline is Friday. The senior casewoker I spoke to at HSMP said this was firm. Do I call HSMP back and say my case is under further consideration at NARIC? Should I care anymore?

JhonnyECU

my support for you

Post by JhonnyECU » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:41 pm

Dearest A,

sorry for dissapearing, ive been running up and down some film sets...too much work here :)

anyways, i wasnt counting on that negative naric response :roll:
did that woman at naric ever mention how long would it take for that committee to reconsider their assessment?

maybe you could try convincing the senior caseworker about being a bit more flexible with the deadline. i reckon that your case is VERY arguable and that naric committee might change the decision. plus, i find it very ironic that HO give US deadlines but they do their work (if that is a word that can be used to define the level of unprofessional, unacceptable, subjective, and twisted way they process our applications -including our hopes, dreams and goals) at the pace they feel like... how fair is that?

dont give up, go to the last consequences, dont fear anything -there is nothing more to lose- and try to be as polite as possible on the phone with those guys even if you want to (and would be great) to break a couple of necks up in doncaster, ok? :P

hope this helps girl, also try to do some sports and fun activities to clear up your mind...dont let this stress get you. you are happy and free as long you want to be so, ok?

best for you!

jhonny
:)

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:00 pm

Awww thanks for that Jhonny!

Well, Ill be putting this in and talking some more on the phone. Im doing pretty good over here and am arranging other things regardless of all this mess. What tends to take stress away for me is planning for vacations I may or may not take :) I think the boy and I are going to go to Budapest in January when I go visit with him for a while ( just some time off!). The massive irony behind all this is that I could very well end up being able to live and work in Sweden, which is much tougher to entrants, than living and working in the UK where it appeared I would be able to do so! Ill send you a pm about that :)

The only reason I went and called the NARIC people this morning was because I thought about some sports tournament I had just seen and some sportsman saying " I never gave up, even when I was behind I just never quit" etc etc etc. Its rather clicheed of course, but well- you just never know. Tomorrow Ill be phoning the HSMP people to ask about the extension. Personally I think it would be fair given that now the educational qualifications are being appealed at NARIC and that was the problem with my application. But thats fairness and lord knows the HSMP doesnt always operate under the same terms we do :)