ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC changes again ...unending changs for NON-EU professionals

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hope2007

BC changes again ...unending changs for NON-EU professionals

Post by Hope2007 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Again some more changes ...any idea who is going to affect

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8180749.stm

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: BC changes again ...unending changs for NON-EU professio

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Hope2007 wrote:Again some more changes ...any idea who is going to affect

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8180749.stm
It encourages people to be a part of the society in which they seek citizenship.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:30 pm

It simply means that in addition to looking for a paid job you have to involuntarily look for a voluntary job as well if you want the passport in 1 year rather than 3 years post 5 years of stay. What a joke !!
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:55 pm

push_hsmp wrote:It simply means that in addition to looking for a paid job you have to involuntarily look for a voluntary job as well if you want the passport in 1 year rather than 3 years post 5 years of stay. What a joke !!
I was expecting this reply... :-)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:36 pm

chetanojha wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:It simply means that in addition to looking for a paid job you have to involuntarily look for a voluntary job as well if you want the passport in 1 year rather than 3 years post 5 years of stay. What a joke !!
I was expecting this reply... :-)
What else do we do to express frustation with shifting goal posts. The problem seems to be the rush of EU migrants and the learned politicians have decides to tighten the noose on skilled workers from outside Eu....
regards,
push

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 am

push_hsmp wrote: The problem seems to be the rush of EU migrants and the learned politicians have decides to tighten the noose on skilled workers from outside Eu....
In my opinion that's not only problem. It's as result of failure of immigrants to integrate in to society,too. There are so many "british citizens", who can't speak English. They live in their own world.This is one example. So new immigrants are definitely going to face challenges.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:31 am

gotcha wrote:
push_hsmp wrote: The problem seems to be the rush of EU migrants and the learned politicians have decides to tighten the noose on skilled workers from outside Eu....
In my opinion that's not only problem. It's as result of failure of immigrants to integrate in to society,too. There are so many "british citizens", who can't speak English. They live in their own world.This is one example. So new immigrants are definitely going to face challenges.
You don't need to do voluntary work to learn english. This is more than that.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 am

chetanojha wrote:
gotcha wrote:
You don't need to do voluntary work to learn english. This is more than that.
I'm not talking about voluntary work, but about integration. Not speaking English is one example, I mentioned.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 pm

I'm not talking about voluntary work, but about integration. Not speaking English is one example, I mentioned.
Yeah I got that. That's what I mentioned in my post above.

mcu

Re:Again some more changes ...any idea who is going to affec

Post by mcu » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:48 pm

info,

On what date will the policy[Earned Citizenship: New System Architecture
and Progression] be implemented? December 2010

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:50 pm

if they implement in 12/2010, people who ever applies wp/hsmp after this date will be affected by these new rules ...

and people who gets ILR before 12/2010 wont be affected by this...

is my assumption correct ?

indian234

Post by indian234 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:03 pm

I think that is not the case........i heard some thing like people can appy under old rules till july,2011....(whoever is eligible).....but that is what i last heard

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:50 pm

July 2011 is when the real change i.e. earned citizenship rule will come into force. Anyone eligible for/with ILR before that will be treated under existing rules and will be able to apply withing 2 years for citizenship. Others will have to be on Probationary citizenship and will need to do voluntary work etc to get citizenship in a years time (5+1=6). The wait will be longer for those who do not want to do voluntary stuff.

Re integration: Its an eyewash that forcing PBS (highly skilled) migrants down this route will facilitate integration with the locals. Highly migrants already have decent english language skills, they want their spouses to work and kids to do well in studies - dont you think they themselves are taking care of the English language requirement (which is driven by need). By branding such people as having a probationary citizenship - will the Govt integrate them or more alienate them from other residents?
regards,
push

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 pm

push_hsmp wrote:July 2011 is when the real change i.e. earned citizenship rule will come into force. Anyone eligible for/with ILR before that will be treated under existing rules and will be able to apply withing 2 years for citizenship. Others will have to be on Probationary citizenship and will need to do voluntary work etc to get citizenship in a years time (5+1=6). The wait will be longer for those who do not want to do voluntary stuff.

Re integration: Its an eyewash that forcing PBS (highly skilled) migrants down this route will facilitate integration with the locals. Highly migrants already have decent english language skills, they want their spouses to work and kids to do well in studies - dont you think they themselves are taking care of the English language requirement (which is driven by need). By branding such people as having a probationary citizenship - will the Govt integrate them or more alienate them from other residents?
On top of that you will not be allowed to raise your voice against it too or your Tesco Club card points will be deducted :-)

tomcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomcat » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:00 am

thats the good one :)))

chetanojha wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:July 2011 is when the real change i.e. earned citizenship rule will come into force. Anyone eligible for/with ILR before that will be treated under existing rules and will be able to apply withing 2 years for citizenship. Others will have to be on Probationary citizenship and will need to do voluntary work etc to get citizenship in a years time (5+1=6). The wait will be longer for those who do not want to do voluntary stuff.

On top of that you will not be allowed to raise your voice against it too or your Tesco Club card points will be deducted :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Thanks guys...here is an another case

if i get spouse visa dec 09 (FLR-M) for 2 years with in the uk , when i apply after 2 years for ILR , new rules will be applied to me ....am i correct ?

i am bit unlucky ..ILR rules always change for me...

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:30 pm

I will be completing my 5 years only in early 2013. I am one of the unlucky ones too.
Aparently, there is going to be another points based test to get probationary citizenship & they are quoting some additional criteria including qualification earned while here in the UK!!

campaigner
Newly Registered

Post by campaigner » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:11 pm

MJNair,

Its time to complete the survey on the points based system HO is planning to implement. Check the topic with Time to make a difference on this forum and give your honest views

Maybe we will succeed

MJNair wrote:I will be completing my 5 years only in early 2013. I am one of the unlucky ones too.
Aparently, there is going to be another points based test to get probationary citizenship & they are quoting some additional criteria including qualification earned while here in the UK!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:04 pm

Hope2007 wrote:Thanks guys...here is an another case

if i get spouse visa dec 09 (FLR-M) for 2 years with in the uk , when i apply after 2 years for ILR , new rules will be applied to me ....am i correct ?

i am bit unlucky ..ILR rules always change for me...
In a lighter vein, if you are so unlucky why put spouse VISA holders in problem by changing into their category?
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:05 pm

MJNair wrote:I will be completing my 5 years only in early 2013. I am one of the unlucky ones too.
That too during the 5 year period - so all the degrees earned before that become useless !!
regards,
push

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 pm

That too during the 5 year period - so all the degrees earned before that become useless !!
Hi

Live and Work in the hills of Scotland to gain more Tesco Club card points. :wink:
[/code]

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi push_hsmp,

The reason i am thinking of applying for FLR (M) to save myself. i m a workpermit holder and my wife is a hsmp holder & convered by recent JR. that means she may be getting her ILR this year and i am not sure how long this job can have me.

My wife just got a full time job after 3 years struggle. and i cant include myself as her dependant as i am in diff caregory visa.

since my job is not secured , i have 2 options

1) going out of the country & change my status to her dep and include my self when she applies for her ILR but not sure how quickly i can get a new EC. people had metioned they take long time to issue the dependant visa - out of uk. if my application gets struck in my home country , it will delay travel and i may loose the current job as well as noy holidays left.

2) apply for FLR(M) and get 2 years etn and get struck in new rules.

the funny thing is by 2011 i will finish being in the country for 10 years but not settled yet.

when i had my first workpermit in 2002 , i lost job in 2004 and was job less for 1 year and came back with new EC( 5 years clock reset)in 2005 hoping to get ILR in 2010...but see my fate....my wife also came in 2005 as hsmp holder and she will ILR before me... we wanted have 2 options(both our visa categories) open . thats why we didnt apply for dependant visa in 2005..

Thanks for reading my story..

push
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by push » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 pm

letmec2006 wrote:
Hi

Live and Work in the hills of Scotland to gain more Tesco Club card points. :wink:
[/code]
Then they will say got to Northern Ireland who are already kicking out the immigrants... not good...
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Hope2007 wrote:Hi push_hsmp,

The reason i am thinking of applying for FLR (M) to save myself. i m a workpermit holder and my wife is a hsmp holder & convered by recent JR. that means she may be getting her ILR this year and i am not sure how long this job can have me.

My wife just got a full time job after 3 years struggle. and i cant include myself as her dependant as i am in diff caregory visa.

since my job is not secured , i have 2 options

1) going out of the country & change my status to her dep and include my self when she applies for her ILR but not sure how quickly i can get a new EC. people had metioned they take long time to issue the dependant visa - out of uk. if my application gets struck in my home country , it will delay travel and i may loose the current job as well as noy holidays left.

2) apply for FLR(M) and get 2 years etn and get struck in new rules.

the funny thing is by 2011 i will finish being in the country for 10 years but not settled yet.

when i had my first workpermit in 2002 , i lost job in 2004 and was job less for 1 year and came back with new EC( 5 years clock reset)in 2005 hoping to get ILR in 2010...but see my fate....my wife also came in 2005 as hsmp holder and she will ILR before me... we wanted have 2 options(both our visa categories) open . thats why we didnt apply for dependant visa in 2005..

Thanks for reading my story..
I think the better option for you is becoming dependant of your spouse. Not sure what your home country is but Dependant VISA's are not taking that long.
regards,
push

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks push_hsmp

I am from India. I am working on full time job currently,if i take holiday on loss of pay to change the staus ...would it worth it ?

i mean , if they held application , thats it ..my family here also will be struck... ok i also have a kid who i sponsored ..what will happen to his visa if i change mine to dependant ?