ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WILL CLAIMING CHILD BENEFIT HAVE MY ILR APPLICATION REFUSED?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AntCoe

WILL CLAIMING CHILD BENEFIT HAVE MY ILR APPLICATION REFUSED?

Post by AntCoe » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am currently on a UK Ancestry Visa with 2 years remaining before a apply for my ILR.

My husband and i both worked since we arrived in UK but i was recently been made redundant and now i am unemployed and on maternity leave.

I am claiming maternity allowance for me and child benefit for our baby...

Will my application for ILR be refused on the basis of claiming these 2 benefits?

Thanks for your time...

nksg

Re: WILL CLAIMING CHILD BENEFIT HAVE MY ILR APPLICATION REFU

Post by nksg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Does the stamp on your passport says "No recouse to public funds"?

If yes, then you should not claim any public fund....
AntCoe wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am currently on a UK Ancestry Visa with 2 years remaining before a apply for my ILR.

My husband and i both worked since we arrived in UK but i was recently been made redundant and now i am unemployed and on maternity leave.

I am claiming maternity allowance for me and child benefit for our baby...

Will my application for ILR be refused on the basis of claiming these 2 benefits?

Thanks for your time...

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:38 pm

Does the child benefit dept not do proper checks? we told them our immigration status and yet they said we qualify?

i guess i will need to advise them to STOP all payments and details of how we can refund the monies paid to us.....luckily it is only a 5 weeks of claiming

i just hope there wont be a refusal for my ilr at a later stage...

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:15 pm

AntCoe wrote:Does the child benefit dept not do proper checks? we told them our immigration status and yet they said we qualify?

i guess i will need to advise them to STOP all payments and details of how we can refund the monies paid to us.....luckily it is only a 5 weeks of claiming

i just hope there wont be a refusal for my ilr at a later stage...
You can't blame the benefit office, your visa stamp should tell you enough information about if you're entittled or not. If your visa stamp clearly says "no recourse to public funds" then it is your responsibility not to. But if you're visa stamp states otherwise, then it shouldn't be a problem to you.

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:15 am

You will qualify but, here is the but, if they found out you recourse to public fund which you should not have, then they will ask you to pay it all up. Lump sum repayment, then and only then that they will accept your application.
ILR holder and British nationals are the only ones qualified to public funds