ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long it will take now?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vicky1234
Newly Registered

how long it will take now?

Post by vicky1234 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:53 am

hi friend...
I'm new in this formz.
I applied for psw on 29 March 2009 and HO had contact to college last week for admission verification. I maintained £800+ for 5 months in my statement.
My college is in DIUS list as well. Now please let me know how long it will take me to get the visa coz college has sent reference to HO.
any one know the exact processing time for visa?

all feedback is well come. thanks

sadhu

Re: how long it will take now?

Post by sadhu » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:28 pm

vicky1234 wrote:hi friend...
I'm new in this formz.
I applied for psw on 29 March 2009 and HO had contact to college last week for admission verification. I maintained £800+ for 5 months in my statement.
My college is in DIUS list as well. Now please let me know how long it will take me to get the visa coz college has sent reference to HO.
any one know the exact processing time for visa?

all feedback is well come. thanks
Ukba has started releasing passports at high speed from 2nd of July. I think you will receive yours very soon. Please phone the ukba public enquiry office and confirm your contact address and ask them if they have already dispatched your passport.Remember, few people have lost their passports. Losing passports have become a regular feature.

Anyway good luck.

Regards.

vicky1234
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:56 pm

thanks sadhu...
I've phoned UKBA but they told me that my file is still in consideration.
How can they loose someone's passport coz it is against human rights.
But I can see from the formz that ppl are waiting from Nov last year.
Are they sending the visa's by the date you applied or they don't have any
criteria for this..

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:42 pm

vicky1234 wrote:thanks sadhu...
I've phoned UKBA but they told me that my file is still in consideration.
How can they loose someone's passport coz it is against human rights.
But I can see from the formz that ppl are waiting from Nov last year.
Are they sending the visa's by the date you applied or they don't have any
criteria for this..
Hello Vicky, I applied on 31st of Oct,2008. My visa was issued on 14th of July,2009 and ukba posted the passport on 15th of July,2009. When I phoned the ukba at 13:15 on 15th of July in order to find out the progress of my application, they answered my case worker was still processing my application.It had not been finished yet. The same thing happened with some other friends of mine as well.This suggests the ukba is following a system which has become obsolete.

Do not worry about the issuing date. You will get the current date as a date of issue on your passport.

Good luck.

Sadhu.

vicky1234
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:58 pm

thanks sadhu...
Is it helpful if I'll contact to my MP as I can see from some formz.
I can see that u had advice someone to call on 01142072966.
Can you please tell who's number is this?

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 am

vicky1234 wrote:thanks sadhu...
Is it helpful if I'll contact to my MP as I can see from some formz.
I can see that u had advice someone to call on 01142072966.
Can you please tell who's number is this?
Dear Vicky,

It is advised not to contact to the local MP as they are good for nothing. Needless to say, some of the MPs' are against the immigration.Therefore, you have to be careful prior to seeing them.

However, the abovementioned number belongs to Home Office complain department which is located in Sheffield.To my knowledge, you should file a complain by ringing that number.I did complain as well.Never think complain can negatively affect your application.I believe, as the process is ongoing, your complain will play a siginificant role with a view to expediting your application.

Good luck.

Yours sincerely

Sadhu Agashe.

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:08 am

Your local MP cannot offer any help on the undecided cases. They can help to speed up the appeal implementation process or bring your issue up for the attention of other MPs, so a particular immigration rule can be disccused in the Parliament. But, nobody can speed up the decision on a particular case in any way, as no decision has still been made.

I also applied for my psw on 27th March and got refused on 12th May, 6 weeks after. I then appealed and my appeall was allowed. I now asked my MP for help in speeding up the implementation process. I believe, he should be able to help me. But, let's see what happens.

I personally contacted him 3 days ago and asked to speed up my appeal imlementaion process, and got a reply back from him the very next day confirming he would try to help. So, now I am waiting for some news from the HO. There is no guarantee I will get the result I want, but, I am sure, my MP cannot complicate my case in any way. He was elected to become an MP and it is his duty to help the wider public whether they are immigrants or not. But I agree some MPs are more helpful than others. So, using your MP is like securing an extra chance to win, and nothing else.

vicky1234
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:33 pm

thanks Sadhu... I really appreciate the way you are sharing your experience with people. I'll surely call on that number.

Now my question is to Vinata... Can you please tell me, why did HO refuse you visa?? How long it usually taking now a day to get visa??

I can see from the formz that no one got visa recently....Sandu was talking about speeding up the process after 2nd July but I haven't heard personally from any body about visa.

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 pm

My visa was refused because I didn't satisfy the maintenance fund requirement. The balance on my account dropped down to below £800 level on two separate acasions for about a week in total. I showed to the judge my additonal bank statement with sufficient balance and my appeal was allowed.

I believe that normal processing times are between 4 and 6 weeks for 90% of applications. However, if your particular case has been selected for an extended check, it may take longer. But don't worry at the moment as this is holiday time right now.

I also have heard from other people they were given their psw in just 2 weeks recently. So, it all depends on the luck and on your case worker. Keep positive. There is nothing you can do at the moment, but to wait.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Do psw applicants obliged to have their biometric done? Do they have to apply for an identity card for foreign nationals?

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:51 pm

ammeck09 wrote:Do psw applicants obliged to have their biometric done? Do they have to apply for an identity card for foreign nationals?
:idea: :idea: :?:

vicky1234
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:22 pm

Dear Vinata...thanks for your precious suggestions and best of luck for your visa!!

I also wanted to know that if some one is eligible n can fulfil all the formalities for visa then why HO is not issuing the visa's?? They have to give us the visa's then there shouldn't be delay

Hi Ammeck09.. there is no need for biometric for PSW n soon there is no need for biometric test for anyone coz this is a issue raised in parliament that Government shouldn't make this card coz there are too expensive to made.
So no worry about it!!

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi Vicky,

It is difficult to say why some people get quick responses, and some are not. Maybe there was an issue in one of your past applications and the HO wants to double check it. I have heard, because of the suspision that huge number of applicants in the past were "enhancing" their applications, HO now undertakes thorough checks of the full immigration history for each new applicant.

It is really difficult to say what is going on in the HO premises. I know it is very difficult for someone to wait and guess what might have happened. But, since all of us are immigrants, we haven't really got another choice. So, try to be patient, as there is no answer to your question, and also keep positive, as this is all you can do at the moment.

vicky1234
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:09 am

I think HO has stopped to give visa again coz I can't see anyone who got visa recently... look at the last 2 week's formz.... wots goin on here??

do any one has information about it???