ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit for PSW visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varunkv
Newly Registered

work permit for PSW visa

Post by varunkv » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:36 pm

I am hearing contradictory info on the need for a work permit in the case of a PSW holder. Since the new rules have come into effect is it necessary for a PSW holder to have a work permit i.e. should the employer apply for a work permit before employing a PSW holder since he/she already has permission to work. I browsed through all the other threads, couldnt find any relevant info. Pls do help

ash786
BANNED

Re: work permit for PSW visa

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:10 pm

varunkv wrote:I am hearing contradictory info on the need for a work permit in the case of a PSW holder. Since the new rules have come into effect is it necessary for a PSW holder to have a work permit i.e. should the employer apply for a work permit before employing a PSW holder since he/she already has permission to work. I browsed through all the other threads, couldnt find any relevant info. Pls do help
Where did u get this information from as its a complete false information. If you hold a PSW visa then you are free to work for 2 years withiut having a sponsor and the company u are going to work for also does not need a licence. After PSW visa expired and u still wish to work for the same employer or different then the comopany would need a licence.

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 pm

There is no such requirement for PSW. The only thing you require is your University award letter, and the letter from the International officer in your university apart from the bank statement (Most essential). Nothing else is required.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:17 pm

ab041937 wrote:There is no such requirement for PSW. The only thing you require is your University award letter, and the letter from the International officer in your university apart from the bank statement (Most essential). Nothing else is required.
Lol i think u need to read the post in details as the post is not for PSW application but for the work a PSW holder can do.

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:02 pm

ash786 wrote:Lol i think u need to read the post in details as the post is not for PSW application but for the work a PSW holder can do.
Sorry.. my bad

varunkv
Newly Registered

Re: work permit for PSW visa

Post by varunkv » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:27 am

Where did u get this information from as its a complete false information. If you hold a PSW visa then you are free to work for 2 years withiut having a sponsor and the company u are going to work for also does not need a licence. After PSW visa expired and u still wish to work for the same employer or different then the comopany would need a licence.

Thanks a lot mate. The thing is my seniors at university told me abt the vicious circle of work permits i.e. companies recruit only students having valid work permit and it is not possible to get a work permit unless u have a sponsoring employer. Maybe those seniors are out of touch with the new system.