ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduated from UK University- canI apply for PSW from abroad

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psychology_graduate
Newly Registered

Post by psychology_graduate » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:46 pm

I have graduated from a recognised UK university this month - but wish to go back home and apply for a post study work visa from there rather than from the UK itself.

Is this advisable?

And if YES, then what are the changes in application other than maintenance funds and fees?

What is entry clearance?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:08 pm

Ofcourse u can ma8, u need to apply within 12 months of obtaining the award. There is no other requirements from UK and abroad apart from the funds which is £800 for UK and £2800 from abroad. As long as u provide the required documents u will get the visa.

tuhadda_fuffar

Re: Graduated from UK University- canI apply for PSW from ab

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:36 pm

psychology_graduate wrote:
What is entry clearance?
I wonder how you came to this country if you dont know what is entry clearence :lol:

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Lol.

Shafiqueawan

Graduated from UK University- canI apply for PSW from abroa

Post by Shafiqueawan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:42 am

Do we have to rigester with police when applying from home country a friend of mine was telling me this is right ??

and if we are applying from home country what documentation we have to provide please guide me as well

thanks

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:13 am

Shafiqueawan wrote:Do we have to rigester with police when applying from home country a friend of mine was telling me this is right ??

and if we are applying from home country what documentation we have to provide please guide me as well

thanks
U do not apply for a police certificate in u home country. U only need to register with the police (in uk) if its written in u passport as a condition. If it doe snot say in u passport then u do not need to register with police.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:50 am

Well, it is worth to mention that you would not have the right for an appeal (god forbid) if they reject your application, however, you are entitled for what they call "Administrative Review" which is a matter of formality and hardly would make them change the outcome of the application. To all folks who are still in the UK and consider applying from outside the UK, then you need to accept whatever outcome, as it is harder to get an entry clearance than a leave to remain, because the point of making it possible to apply form outside the UK is a tricky rule that helps them more than the students who are already reside inside the country. They can reject your application overt the slightest mistake, also, don't forget to satisfy the immigration officer at the airport or any entry point. So, it should be the last resort and if you are lucky you get your visa, and make the guy at the broader happy. hurray for you...

I am sure it is part of the plan to reject as many students as possible to easy the tension over jobs in the UK. So, in my view, don't apply from home unless you really have to.
________
Nevada dispensary
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shafiqueawan

Post by Shafiqueawan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi Ash786,

can you tell me do we have get appointment for biomatric in pakistan ????????????????????

thanks

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

psychology_graduate,

Don't worry.. apply from wherever you want. Just make sure that you have all right documents from your university and the proper bank statement for the maintenance fund. If you do so you should get your PSW.

Overseas students contribute tens of billions of pounds every year to british economy & 2 year PSW is their bait to lure the students. If they start refusing even the genuine applications with all the right documents then it would be a body blow for the british education industry. Go, apply with all the confidence and come back here to give us the good news.

Good luck

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Shafiqueawan wrote:Hi Ash786,

can you tell me do we have get appointment for biomatric in pakistan ????????????????????

thanks
If u application is successful then yes they will call you to do that. Dont worry to mush just make sure that u read the guidence in full and all the documents are submitted with all the required information on. If you are providing the bank statements then make sure that most recent statement is not older than 1 month old before the date of the application. The letter from the university for PSW has got all the information as per the guidence. So just read the guidence and make sure that u fully understand what is required.