ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luha
Newly Registered

Post by luha » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Lost Soul wrote:In Cork City, where I live and took my oath, you just turn up at 9.30 any Monday morning and they take you in. No need to make an appointment.

The snag may be the address on your yellow form. Phone the District Court and ask you may be lucky. Failing that you could always try telling them that you moved to Cork a few months ago and haven't changed your address with the INIS.

Give them an address in my estate: 6 Glencairn, Glanmire, Co. Cork.

Good luck
Thanks very much Lost Soul, I'll ring them and ask (wouldn't feel confortable cheating about address though)

mazar

waiting and looking the sky 4 outside agencies35 months

Post by mazar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:50 am

[/b]I AM waiting for 35 months all the time waiting for outside agencies,i think intil we not get tired and sick INIS not sending the result,

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 am

Called today - with the minister.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:56 am

tom4 wrote:Called today - with the minister.
Cool! It's now a matter of weeks rather than months or years.

mazar

INIS SAID WHEN U GOT UR BRAIN CANCER THEN THEY SEND U RESULT

Post by mazar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:15 pm

I THINK INIS PLAY WITH OUR LIFE BUT FOR HOW LONG,I DONT CARE ABOUT APPROVAL, WHAT I NEED RESULT, SICK OF TIRED OUTSIDE AGENCIES FOR GOD SAKE,GUYS PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO TO GET MY RESULT FROM INIS ,I DONT CARE IF ITS POS NIG

room1102

Post by room1102 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:39 am

Does anyone know if any particular day that the minister signs citizenship application?

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:04 am

room1102 wrote:Does anyone know if any particular day that the minister signs citizenship application?
No it seem s random.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:04 am

tom4 wrote:Called today - with the minister.
Fingers crossed.

godspower
Newly Registered

Re: Minster Decision

Post by godspower » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:48 am

room1102 wrote:I spoke to INIS today. The lady over the phone told me that my file is going to the Minster Office for decision within a month and she told me that I should hear from them within 2 months.

Here is my timeline

- Applied in March 2005 based on 5 years work permit
- Application sent back to me because declaration form done incorrectly
- Resubmitted my application in May 2007.
- My long term residency status has been granted by INIS in Nov 2008
- Never heard from them until May this year from INIS.
- Looking for additional documents (P21, payslips and bank statement) in May 2009
- I phoned INIS in May 2009. The lovely lady told me over the phone that all my garda and social welfare report came back and looks fine.
- I was out of the country last year due to family reason. My father is ill and I have to go home. I had the hospital wrote a letter to INIS and I submitted the letter with all my financial statement showing that I can support myself when I am back to Ireland next month. I submitted this in June 2009.
- I spoke to INIS today and the lady told me that INIS is sending my application Minister Office for decision and I should hear from them within 2 months.

Does anyone know if I am going to get reject because I was absence from Ireland or not? I had never claimed social benefits or get into trouble or getting speeding fine. Will they reject me base on my absence from Ireland.

Thx
I was told the same thing yesterday. The lady said decision is expected between 6-8weeks. I will add extra 2 months so may be I'll have the decision in Nov. Meanwhile, a friend that applied in Dec. 06 got it yesterday. I think something is wrong with Sept 06.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:26 am

FYI!!A friend of mine who used to work for me. Thai national married to an Irish fella, applied November 2006 and recieved approval february 2009. Application wasnt based on marriage as they hadnt been married 3 years yet.

EBS

Post by EBS » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:02 am

godspower wrote:
room1102 wrote:I spoke to INIS today. The lady over the phone told me that my file is going to the Minster Office for decision within a month and she told me that I should hear from them within 2 months.

Here is my timeline

- Applied in March 2005 based on 5 years work permit
- Application sent back to me because declaration form done incorrectly
- Resubmitted my application in May 2007.
- My long term residency status has been granted by INIS in Nov 2008
- Never heard from them until May this year from INIS.
- Looking for additional documents (P21, payslips and bank statement) in May 2009
- I phoned INIS in May 2009. The lovely lady told me over the phone that all my garda and social welfare report came back and looks fine.
- I was out of the country last year due to family reason. My father is ill and I have to go home. I had the hospital wrote a letter to INIS and I submitted the letter with all my financial statement showing that I can support myself when I am back to Ireland next month. I submitted this in June 2009.
- I spoke to INIS today and the lady told me that INIS is sending my application Minister Office for decision and I should hear from them within 2 months.

Does anyone know if I am going to get reject because I was absence from Ireland or not? I had never claimed social benefits or get into trouble or getting speeding fine. Will they reject me base on my absence from Ireland.

Thx
I was told the same thing yesterday. The lady said decision is expected between 6-8weeks. I will add extra 2 months so may be I'll have the decision in Nov. Meanwhile, a friend that applied in Dec. 06 got it yesterday. I think something is wrong with Sept 06.
Well, definetely something wrong with March and Apr 06 :roll:

mazar

waiting for so long,

Post by mazar » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:59 pm

[/b] i rang inis they said wait intil you get brain cancer then ,they wil send result,they want we get sick tired then they wil send result[/quote]

capetown
Newly Registered

Post by capetown » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:00 am

EBS wrote:Well, definetely something wrong with March and Apr 06 :roll:
Yeah, what's up with Mar/Apr '06 applications?

I applied in April '06. In May '09 I was told that my application was ready to be sent to the minister, and that it should take 4-6 weeks.

Still waiting... so frustrating!

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:57 pm

capetown wrote:
EBS wrote:Well, definetely something wrong with March and Apr 06 :roll:
Yeah, what's up with Mar/Apr '06 applications?

I applied in April '06. In May '09 I was told that my application was ready to be sent to the minister, and that it should take 4-6 weeks.

Still waiting... so frustrating!
exact same here.

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:10 pm

hi,

can anyone confirm that inis send inquiries to applicant's embassy about citizenship application?

friend of mine was said about this so i need to find out if this is true or false.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Don't think so, but can be sure 100%

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 am

Hi buddies,
How long does it take for certificate of naturalisation ? I got my approval and
took me oath in mid July, and sent the documents straight.

How long should i wait for certificate to arrive?

Regards
Tiggs

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:23 am

tiggs wrote:Hi buddies,
How long does it take for certificate of naturalisation ? I got my approval and
took me oath in mid July, and sent the documents straight.

How long should i wait for certificate to arrive?

Regards
Tiggs
From previous replies it seems that it takes 4-6 weeks. Maybe someone who has actually got it can be more helpful.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:40 pm

it took me 6 weeks, but there was the Christmas break in between so its more like 4 weeks of working time.
For a friend of mine as well it took 4 weeks.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:41 pm

By the way I hope that you have sent your documents by registered post.
In my case the documents were misplaced internally in DoJ, once I gave the registered post tracking id, they were able to track it down within the dept!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:56 am

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:58 am

[quote="strongbow"]By the way I hope that you have sent your documents by registered post.
In my case the documents were misplaced internally in DoJ, once I gave the registered post tracking id, they were able to track it down within the dept![/quote]

Yes One thing i have learned with my dealings of INIS. Send everything by registered Post. A simple letter to anything. If you don't receive acknowledgment within two weeks followup.

Yes the documents i sent to them were registered post and i received acknowledgment from Person who i sent it to within same week.

Regards
Tiggs

capetown
Newly Registered

Post by capetown » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:00 am

Finally! I received my letter of approval this morning - in a plain brown envelope (not registered post) - after waiting more than 40 months!

Timeline:
Apr 2006 - Applied after 5 years on work authorization visa
Sep 2008 - Additional docs requested (P21, marriage affidavit, etc.)
Feb 2009 - Waiting for Garda clearance
Mar 2009 - Certificate of Tax Clearance requested
May 2009 - Ready to go to minister for final approval
Aug 2009 - Received letter of Approval

Now to book a court date... any advice?

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:07 am

Congrats capetown,
Go for it.. Book the court appointment. Its a simple process now onwards. Just dont sign the yellow form.
Courts and there contacts numbers in your county can be found here :

http://www.courts.ie/offices.nsf/Lookup ... enDocument

Regards
Tiggs

nanette
Member of Standing

Paul O'Grady has revealed that he was held by officials at a

Post by nanette » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Paul O'Grady has revealed that he was held by officials at a US airport because they thought he was a communist.

The TV presenter said he was taken aside for questioning at Miami airport by staff who made the assumption because of his 'funny' accent.

He was then held for two hours while an officer accused him of being an 'illegal alien' from Cuba.

He told listeners of his Radio 2 show: "How could I be accused of being an illegal Cuban alien? Do I look Cuban? Do I sound Cuban?"

He added: "I've been to hell, folks - it's called Miami airport."

The Channel 4 star was later released after the customs officials studied his passport and found no links with Cuba.

Nana