ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

am i overstayed or not please help me

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shafiqueawan

Post by Shafiqueawan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Hello

My PSW visa was refuesd by home office because of maintenance funds and AIT rejected my apeal as well and i have recieved a letter from home office saying that i have to leave UK asap.
so i left UK within 23 days of recieving letter from home office can someone tell me am i oversyaed or not because now i am thinking to apply for PSW from Home country.and making my bank statement of £2800 .
and one thing more do i have to worry about currency conversion ??????????????????

Thanks

monday

Post by monday » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:48 pm

HI

If you left UK withing the specified period of time given to you by the home office after your appeal, then you have not overstayed.
Yes you have to worry about currency conversion, the rate as at the date you apply is the important rate and this is the rate the case worker will use for you most likely on OANDA cerrency converter.

Shafiqueawan

Post by Shafiqueawan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:38 am

HI there

they never gave me any time scale for leaving the country and HO only mentioned leave as soon as posible .

what do u think???

ash786
BANNED

Re: am i overstayed or not please help me

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14 am

Shafiqueawan wrote:HI there

they never gave me any time scale for leaving the country and HO only mentioned leave as soon as posible .

what do u think???
after the refusal date its 28 days.

monday

Post by monday » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 am

HI How soon did you leave after receiving the letter

Shafiqueawan

Post by Shafiqueawan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:09 pm

I have recieved letter from home office on 2nd of JUne and i left UK on 25th of june and arrieved in pakistan on 26th june .

khan525
Newly Registered

Post by khan525 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Shafiqueawan wrote:I have recieved letter from home office on 2nd of JUne and i left UK on 25th of june and arrieved in pakistan on 26th june .
hi

a friend of mine have this same problem like you,he find best solicitor who help him,if you want call him and ask about advice. his name is Asif Sahi Solicitor number 07977517831

good luck

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Mine is a similar problem I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I submitted my application for PSW on 16th June. The HO considered my case on 2nd July but I could receive the letter only on 20th July. I instantly booked my tickets next day for 30th July and reached India on 31st July after a 13hr long wait at Dubai airport. Technically I left UK in 28 days specified period but my passport wasn't stamped at british airport. It was only stamped by immigration on arrival at Mumbai. I was wondering if this could be a hinderance in my further application. Would the airlines invoice serve as a proof that I left UK in the stipulated 28 days time?

monday

Post by monday » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:23 pm

HI
You can be rest assured that even if your passport was not stamped when going out of UK, it would have been recorded on the computer that you have already left, since you still have to pass through immigration when going out, so that shouldn't be a problem. I think you free to apply from India or pakistan because you were not deported.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:09 pm

There are many countries (like the UK) who do not do exit stamps, however, from what I gathered from other forums, that they refer to the entry stamp when you enter the other country.

Myself I was surprised that nobody ever, checked my visa or passport (except the airlines). when I left the UK.
________
Grow medical marijuana
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:17 pm

The issues of overstaying is really interesting because I understand it somehow conflicts with another law that prohibits deportation by force if you decided to stay even after your visa expires (of course unless you are considered a threat somehow)... You will be considered illegally residing in the UK anyway. When was the last time we saw police stopping illegal immigrants and deport them... !!! In my opinion, asap means when you left exactly lol...
________
ROLL BLUNTS
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Shafiqueawan wrote:Hello

My PSW visa was refuesd by home office because of maintenance funds and AIT rejected my apeal as well and i have recieved a letter from home office saying that i have to leave UK asap.
so i left UK within 23 days of recieving letter from home office can someone tell me am i oversyaed or not because now i am thinking to apply for PSW from Home country.and making my bank statement of £2800 .
and one thing more do i have to worry about currency conversion ??????????????????

Thanks
U are fine cuz u have to leave the country within 28 days after receiving the letter...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:27 am

Shafiqueawan wrote:Hello

Thanks
You left within the specified time but if you are worried, just put copies of your boarding pass to prove that and you should be ok. Just make sure the exchange rate at the time you send your application is in line with OANDA becos I hear that's the one they use. All the best with the new application
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

Lada24
Newly Registered

Post by Lada24 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I am confused about the matter of overstaying in the UK. I just received letter from the High Court that my application for reconsideration of the Tribunal decision be dismissed. The judge signed the paper on Nov 15th, but I have only just received the copy of the letter on Nov 30th with no other document or information advising me what to do next. I've read above quotes and wonder if I will receive letter from HO to ask me to leave UK asap? Or they assume that we should know when to leave the country as from the date I received the letter from High Court?

Thanks for all replies in advance guys