ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings - Bank statement of an account closed?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukjobaspirer

Previous Earnings - Bank statement of an account closed?

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi All,
I'm in HSMP and I'm planning to apply for extension to Tier 1. I have a query regarding the bank statements to show for Previous Earnings.

Previously my salary was credited into a bank account for some months. I then closed the account in that bank and switched to another bank.

Is it going to create any delays/problems if I send that closed account statements when Home Office tries to verify?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Previous Earnings - Bank statement of an account closed?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:52 pm

ukjobaspirer wrote:Hi All,
I'm in HSMP and I'm planning to apply for extension to Tier 1. I have a query regarding the bank statements to show for Previous Earnings.

Previously my salary was credited into a bank account for some months. I then closed the account in that bank and switched to another bank.

Is it going to create any delays/problems if I send that closed account statements when Home Office tries to verify?
NO, it should not be a problem atall... U just make sure you mention this in the covering letter so that when they call the Bank if required will talk as if you HAD an account there instead of u r currently HAVING an account.. which makes lots of difference;

And Bankstatements and Payslips are used and verified to prove the earnings.. so shd not be a problem

You can also call ur old bank and talk to customers care with ur old accnt no. and ask them how they deal with such cases which will buy u some peace..

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:09 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
ukjobaspirer wrote:Hi All,

NO, it should not be a problem atall... U just make sure you mention this in the covering letter so that when they call the Bank if required will talk as if you HAD an account there instead of u r currently HAVING an account.. which makes lots of difference;

And Bankstatements and Payslips are used and verified to prove the earnings.. so shd not be a problem

You can also call ur old bank and talk to customers care with ur old accnt no. and ask them how they deal with such cases which will buy u some peace..
Thanks for ur reply Ramesh.
ya. I just enquired in my old bank. I don't think the Customer care guy is correct. He said, they never confirm any details over the telephone be it existing customer or past customer according to the data protection act. I asked him whether this is the case even if its a government related(visa) agency enquiring about this. He repeated the same thing. Not sure whether its true or not. But I'm just wondering how HO usually confirms with the bank.

I also enquired with my current bank. They also said that they can't refer to old records and confirm the details abt closed accounts.

I searched in this forum, I don't find any posts having this kind of situation.
My latest 11 months are with my current bank. So, I'm just thinking whether I can apply with 11 months alone.(I get 5 points lesser considering only 11 months). Will it cause any problems if I apply with 11 months alone?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:22 pm

ukjobaspirer wrote:
Thanks for ur reply Ramesh.
ya. I just enquired in my old bank. I don't think the Customer care guy is correct. He said, they never confirm any details over the telephone be it existing customer or past customer according to the data protection act. I asked him whether this is the case even if its a government related(visa) agency enquiring about this. He repeated the same thing. Not sure whether its true or not. But I'm just wondering how HO usually confirms with the bank.

I also enquired with my current bank. They also said that they can't refer to old records and confirm the details abt closed accounts.

I searched in this forum, I don't find any posts having this kind of situation.
My latest 11 months are with my current bank. So, I'm just thinking whether I can apply with 11 months alone.(I get 5 points lesser considering only 11 months). Will it cause any problems if I apply with 11 months alone?
Hi..

i just asked u to check with customer care guys that if such questions will be answered by Bank manager or whomever name/details u wil give in teh application..

Ok now comming to ur point i think u shd go with all the 12months.. if yu have the details of the Bank branch Manager where u had ur previous account n ask the same..

But "i think" caseworker wil understand and will ask for that info once u mention abt it in ur cover letter and is also possible becos more than 90% of ur statemetns are from current bank.. u shd be fine..

But lets wait for experienced person inthe case to get back..