ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR IN CANADA

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khubs

PR IN CANADA

Post by khubs » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:18 pm

hi,

I am currently on tier1 highly skilled visa in the UK and would like to apply for Canadian PR from UK.
I would appreciate if you could pls. let me know which visa can i apply for and how much time would this take from UK.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Khubs

Richter

Post by Richter » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Start here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... ly-who.asp

Make sure your occupation is on the list and take the eligibility test to make sure you have at least 67 points.

Processing 6 - 12 months.

khubs

Post by khubs » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Dear Richter,

Thanks so much for the web link....I did go through the self assessment eligibility tool and scored 70 points....

Are you sure that I would be able to get PR in 6-12 months from UK???
Also, is this limited to any particular UK visas???

Thanks again.
Regards,
Khubs

Richter

Post by Richter » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:22 pm

This is for the skilled worker visa - if you are looking to emigrate to Canada without a job offer this is the one to go for.

Timescales are correct. There is a new system in place. The old system quoted 42-48 months and these applications are still being processed alongside applications in the new system, but with a reduced timescale of around 25 months. The new system is dependent on points and having a job on the list and processing is much quicker. The old system was just points-based.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

hi

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Richter/Khubs,
Thanks for the info shared here.

Do you think this will make things faster if I apply from UK ( i am currently working and staying here) than india( my citizenship country).

Regards,
I
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.