ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayer problem

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:43 pm

You have to understand that the Government just want to know that you can support him and I'm sorry to say but if your not working then you are only giving them a reason to refuse you....unfortunately you getting a job and having some savings is the best way to guarantee that he gets a visa. That's the solution

shitlife
Newly Registered

Post by shitlife » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 am

ciaramc wrote:You have to understand that the Government just want to know that you can support him and I'm sorry to say but if your not working then you are only giving them a reason to refuse you....unfortunately you getting a job and having some savings is the best way to guarantee that he gets a visa. That's the solution

Thanks for all the help :D

khan525
Newly Registered

Re: overstayer problem

Post by khan525 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:07 pm

shitlife wrote:any other advice plz :roll:
don't worry u can do many things...and your partner will not deport,i have experince....only contact with my solicitor,he is best,he can give u good advice. His name is Asif Sahi number 07977517831,he is from R.KIANI SOLICITOR

Good luck

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: overstayer problem

Post by Rozen » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:04 pm

khan525 wrote:
don't worry u can do many things...and your partner will not deport,i have experince....only contact with my solicitor,he is best,he can give u good advice. His name is Asif Sahi number 07977517831,he is from R.KIANI SOLICITOR

Good luck
STOP spamming/advertising your solicitor's details everywhere! It's so rude! You could easily privately PM these details to the people on whose threads you've spammed. But it's more about advertising than helping, methinks!

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:45 pm

this is going to be a difficult time for you trust me, although your partner should be exempt from the overstaying part of things....according to the new ruling....go to the Immigration Advisory Service...it will be free for you.

Yes your partner is illegal...and will not stop him being deported....the only way to do this is the right way, which means going to your partners county getting married if that is what you really want...and proving you have been in a relationship...letters...phone bills...love card and letters etc anything that proves you have been in a relationship for whatever length of time.

You are on benefits....will help if you are employed!!!!.....especially when you are applying to the embassy overseas. Have you got any savings??????

Let me know if you need any help....think positive...Its a scary situation to be in especially when you have a newborn baby too.
???REUNITED???

DJGJ
Newly Registered

Post by DJGJ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Maybe i'm missing the point here, but surely it's better for him to stay or at least be permitted to stay. She's a single mother on benefits. If he goes, she's still a single mother on benefits. If he stays or returns, she's a mother with a father for her child.

Do the immigration people really prefer her to be a single mother? do they need that the child is without a father?

I know they dont care, but they really really should.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:38 pm

DJGJ wrote:Maybe i'm missing the point here, but surely it's better for him to stay or at least be permitted to stay. She's a single mother on benefits. If he goes, she's still a single mother on benefits. If he stays or returns, she's a mother with a father for her child.

Do the immigration people really prefer her to be a single mother? do they need that the child is without a father?

There's two ways of looking at this, yours, valid, and the fact that why should the guy benefit or gain from breaking the law of the land?

Personally, depending on proportionality, it's fair enough the OP's guy should return home and apply in the queue like the others have to. To me it's like breaking into someones house, settling in front of the telly and claiming the right to stay there because you built a life there and might miss Corrie.

I think it's important in these discussion that we never lose sight of the fact that the protagonist is a Law breaker.

Going back to the case in hand I agree the OP's guy must return home and OP get a job of some sort. U can get help with childcare costs on Tax Credits so no bar there, I had to do when left with five kids, one 10 months old....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:13 pm

DJGJ wrote:Maybe i'm missing the point here, but surely it's better for him to stay or at least be permitted to stay. She's a single mother on benefits. If he goes, she's still a single mother on benefits. If he stays or returns, she's a mother with a father for her child.

You are missing the point! UKBA is hardly going to be sympathetic simply because she's a single mother on benefits. Otherwise that would create a big loophole for people to use. "Oh, I'm a single mother on benefits, so please let my partner stay, even though he broke the law". Don't think so! Not exactly fair on others who want to stay/get in by the book, is it?

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:19 pm

Totally agree with Rozen and Wanderer......the spouse must go back home and apply fro a visa (more than likely be issued with the visa if he meets all the requirements) the OP must get a job....I understand that you have a what eight week old baby but if you want to apply for the spouse visa well then that's what you have to do? You must be able to show you can support your spouse without the ricourse to public funds....sorry to sound harsh but many people have to get straight back out to work after having a baby that's life!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Under the Chikwamba ruling, i think he can apply. However his case has to be exceptionally compelling. I think she meets some of the requirements.

Here is the Chikwamba ruling

I will suggest you seek a legal expert opinion to ascertain whether your case meet the threshold.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Obie wrote:Under the Chikwamba ruling, i think he can apply. However his case has to be exceptionally compelling. I think she meets some of the requirements.

Here is the Chikwamba ruling

I will suggest you seek a legal expert opinion to ascertain whether your case meet the threshold.
I don't - proportionality Mate.

It's not that hard for him to return to his 'nice' country and reapply - young kids can wait a few months, by Christ I've since worked away longer from mine cos I've had to to earn, to keep our heads above water. It's not like we're talking Zim or Iraq here. The guy should take his place in queue like everyone else.

For Christ's sake why have kids when in this invidious position, why not wait till everyone is secure? And now it's people like me and you who have to pay while this woman lives with her kids at our expense and wants special treatment because he didn't put anything on the end of his cöck, makes my blood boil.

Sorry, wound up....
Last edited by Wanderer on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:32 pm

I see your point. Albeit, the potentially controversial nature of it.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Wanderer is right....years we lived in limbo and never thought of having kids cause I just didn't know how I'd support them if my husband was sent home....BTW we had been married well over three years!

I don't know how many times people said to me have kids it will help your case...your hubby will be able to stay! But didn't agree with having kids for such a reason.....but I have to say I've heard of many people who thought kids could keep them in the country....OBVIOUSLY not refering to the OP.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:50 pm

Could it not be that she thought her biologically clock was ticking rather than the benefit aspect that made her think she needs to start having children, before it is too late.

You ages might be significantly different.

Recent research indicates that for women, the longer they delay pregnancy the greater their risk of encountering problematic birth, higher chance of their babies having congenital abnormality/anomaly .

This will in turn cost the state more, to look after these children.

I am not counteracting your argument, i am only saying that there might be different factors that makes a woman decide it is time for them to start having children.

Neither am i trying to scare you incidentally Ciara.

If anything, i strongly believe family is something that should be properly planned, as it is not fair to the children, if their entrance to the world wasn't planned.

I do believe however that there are different circumstance, and things are not that clear cut at times.

alooma

Post by alooma » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:50 pm

u all r heartless BASTARD that is speaking abt op ven a kid cos of immigration,how dare u,this is somebodies child u r speaking abt here,if u dnt ve anything to coutribute positively to assit somebody,i suugest u all shut ur trap!!!!!!!!UK IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD,THERE R FAR MORE BETTER PLACES!!!!!!!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:21 pm

alooma wrote:u all r heartless BASTARD that is speaking abt op ven a kid cos of immigration,how dare u,this is somebodies child u r speaking abt here,if u dnt ve anything to coutribute positively to assit somebody,i suugest u all shut ur trap!!!!!!!!UK IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD,THERE R FAR MORE BETTER PLACES!!!!!!!
There is no place in the forum for obscene language.

This can get you a ban or at least a thin ice status.

I understand that some contributors expressed views that could be considered by some as quite rabid, however this does not give you the right to retaliate by using language of this nature.

I will strongly suggest you retract some of those highly offensive remarks to conform to forum policy, and to preserve the integrity of the forum.

In the unfortunate event of you not doing so, i will seriously consider making a complain to the appropriate authority to assess you remarks.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 pm

alooma wrote:u all r heartless BASTARD that is speaking abt op ven a kid cos of immigration,how dare u,this is somebodies child u r speaking abt here,if u dnt ve anything to coutribute positively to assit somebody,i suugest u all shut ur trap
Hmmm... Hit a nerve, have we?
alooma wrote:UK IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD,THERE R FAR MORE BETTER PLACES!!!!!!!
Well, GO then! And while you're at it, apart from working on improving your people skills, try to do the same for your writing ones too! 8)

shitlife
Newly Registered

Post by shitlife » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:36 pm

i cant belive that wot i read i came for help and i see all that shit from ppls who i thinked they gonna help me ,shame shame :!:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Calm down guys, you are taking this too far.

Personal attacks serves no one interest.

OP lets try and put things into perspective.

Try and contact a lawyer and see if your husband will meet the threshold requirements i suggested earlier.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:40 am

Ok everybody no body said anything about your children I was simply giving my opinion which I'm allowed to!

Shitlife - people have advised and given you advise it's up to you what you do with it. We are simply advising that it is gonna be hard.

You have had pages of advise and it is all telling you to go the same way, your partner should go home apply for a visa and you should try to improve your finances or they will not issue him with the visa.

That's it from me good luck.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:03 am

ciaramc wrote:Ok everybody no body said anything about your children I was simply giving my opinion which I'm allowed to!

Shitlife - people have advised and given you advise it's up to you what you do with it. We are simply advising that it is gonna be hard.

You have had pages of advise and it is all telling you to go the same way, your partner should go home apply for a visa and you should try to improve your finances or they will not issue him with the visa.

That's it from me good luck.
Agree with ciaramc! This is a free forum where people can ask and give advice freely! That doesn't mean if you don't hear what you want , or people have a different opinion from yours, you should start shouting the odds and being rude and offensive. The choice is simple... take it or leave it! People with bad manners just drive me up the wall. But in the end, people might not notice the difference! That being said, I'm also out. 8)

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Lets stick to the FACTS here, people ask for help on here!!!!!!

Its not a personal quest to damage somebody!!

We have all got personal opinions, although maybe we should be a little bit more tactful when delivering them!

I am at the moment in effective a single mother, I am working and have three small children, YES you can get a top up with the tax credits and work, this will stand you in good stead.

Every case is judged on own merits although they say there is a criteria they follow! They do not always do this as I have witnessed.

Just go to Immigration Advisory Service ( easily found in Yellow Pages) book the appointment, and go and see what your options are.

Being a single parent is no joke and sometimes you dont want to claim benefits. Not everyone is wanting to spounge off the state, its just the way it is.
???REUNITED???

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 pm

prettypolitical wrote:Lets stick to the FACTS here, people ask for help on here!!!!!!

Its not a personal quest to damage somebody!!

We have all got personal opinions, although maybe we should be a little bit more tactful when delivering them!

I am at the moment in effective a single mother, I am working and have three small children, YES you can get a top up with the tax credits and work, this will stand you in good stead.

Every case is judged on own merits although they say there is a criteria they follow! They do not always do this as I have witnessed.

Just go to Immigration Advisory Service ( easily found in Yellow Pages) book the appointment, and go and see what your options are.

Being a single parent is no joke and sometimes you dont want to claim benefits. Not everyone is wanting to spounge off the state, its just the way it is.
Fact: Don't make a baby to use as a shield in immigration matters.
It doesn't change the situation one iota

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:37 pm

alooma wrote:u all r heartless BASTARD that is speaking abt op ven a kid cos of immigration,how dare u,this is somebodies child u r speaking abt here,if u dnt ve anything to coutribute positively to assit somebody,i suugest u all shut ur trap!!!!!!!!UK IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD,THERE R FAR MORE BETTER PLACES!!!!!!!
You are Jeremy Kyle AICMFP!

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Republique

who is making babies to use as a shield in immigration matters???????

Just out of interest, seems like you know something here!!!!, have I missed something?????
???REUNITED???