ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Rejected Maintanance Funds Already Appealed help plz

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

latentry
Newly Registered

PSW Rejected Maintanance Funds Already Appealed help plz

Post by latentry » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi
I applied for PSW in March 2009 in April i got refusal becsause the visa officer couldnt find my maintance funds docuement satisfactory.
I had more than £2800 in a fixed saving account for more than 3 months and the orginal bank reciept was attached with my application but still my application was rejected on maintance fund grounds.
Than i went to my bank they issued me another letter with all my account details and everything written in the offical bank letter. I send my appeal application in May2009. Its more than 2 months now but still waiting for any reply.
Could anyone tell me please how long they will take to reply to my application. Any why wasnt my original bank reciept for a fixed saving account wasnt found satisfactory.
Now ive attached another offical letter from the bank which states all my account details what chances ive that ill get the PSW.
Thanks very much.
I hope some one will reply to my message.

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Sorry to say that, but your post is difficult to understand. First of all the receipts from the bank are not acceptable as proof of finance, only bank statements. If you only attached a receipt with your original application, then that is why it was refused.

After that, what exactly did you do? Did you apply to the court or you submitted a fresh application to the HO? These two are totally different things. If you submitted the appeal form to the court, you should have received a reply back from them with the hearing date in 2 weeks time as the latest. However, if you applied to the HO again with a new evidence, then it is probably under consideration at the moment. Please clarify what exactly you did, otherwise it would be impossible to advice you on any issues.

latentry
Newly Registered

Post by latentry » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks for replying vanita.
I made a new application to HO. It was an appeal application form. I attached the bank letter with it. I emailed visa service aswell and enquired about my application status. They said its still under consideration and they will get back to me soon. But its almost 3 months now i am still waiting for any reply.

I basicaly have a saving account. And my bank dont offer any bank statement for fixed savinga ccount thats why attached the saving certificare with my 1st application. Later when my visa was rejected i requested my bank and they issued me a letter with all my account details in it.
Could you please tell me how long would HO take to get back to me. I didnt apply from UK. My application was submitted in Pakistan.
Thanks

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:03 pm

I personally don't know anything about applications submitted from outside the UK. There are certain rules in place which I am not familiar with. However, there is a clear guidance on which documents are acceptable for the purposes of psw visa. They are the bank statements, and nothing else. But there may also be addtional rules in place applicable to certain geographical regions, so it is best to consult a solicitor.

Also, wait for reply from other people on this forum. Maybe someone else knows better than me.

monday

Post by monday » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:29 pm

HI
Taking from experience by a cousin of mine, appeal from outside UK may take up to six months at times. For all you care your file might even be missing. Since your initial application was PWS, i believe you have a time lag of 12 months after your degree to apply. My advise is if it is possible for you to make a fresh application, please do so before the 12 months runs out.

latentry
Newly Registered

Post by latentry » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks for replying.
Ill mail UK visa service again and ask for my application status