ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa Tier1 - M.Fund query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mghe

Dependant Visa Tier1 - M.Fund query

Post by mghe » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Hello All,

I am planning to apply for my spouse dependat visa this month from cochin. I am showing my UK salary account for the m.fund ( have 2000gbp+) for the past 4 months. Now I am leaving to india next week so thought of taking all the documents with me and apply for her during my vaccation. Now my query is :

* the guideline states that bank statements within 1 month are accepted. So I have bank statemnet from 1 july to 2nd August. I am applying on the 26/27 aug. So am I safe?

* I heard from my friend that VFS is asking for bank statements not less than 3 days. Is it true? In this case i cant get that latest statements from UK.

* IF above is true, I have a savings account in India, a joint one with my dad, will that be ok?

PLease advice.

Many Thanks,
mghe

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant Visa Tier1 - M.Fund query

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:37 pm

mghe wrote:Hello All,

I am planning to apply for my spouse dependat visa this month from cochin. I am showing my UK salary account for the m.fund ( have 2000gbp+) for the past 4 months. Now I am leaving to india next week so thought of taking all the documents with me and apply for her during my vaccation. Now my query is :

* the guideline states that bank statements within 1 month are accepted. So I have bank statemnet from 1 july to 2nd August. I am applying on the 26/27 aug. So am I safe? Yes you are safe. As long as you apply with 1 month of the statement date.Better keep some days of buffer just in case. If you can try to apply earlier.

* I heard from my friend that VFS is asking for bank statements not less than 3 days. Is it true? In this case i cant get that latest statements from UK.That is not true.Earlier it was one week but now statement within 1 month is accept. Take a print of Guidance notes with you.If VFS ask you that, show them the guidance notes.

* IF above is true, I have a savings account in India, a joint one with my dad, will that be ok? Yes. that is okay too along with your UK account. .

PLease advice.

Many Thanks,
mghe

mghe

Post by mghe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:33 am

Thank you so much, will act upon ur advice. But i had a dig around for the guidance for the dependant visa, i can find a specific one. Can i use the same one that I used for main applicant and show the 1 months bank statment rule?

-thanks,
mghe

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 am

mghe wrote:Thank you so much, will act upon ur advice. But i had a dig around for the guidance for the dependant visa, i can find a specific one. Can i use the same one that I used for main applicant and show the 1 months bank statment rule?

-thanks,
mghe
check this link for dependent form and guidance notes for in country applicants.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mghe

Post by mghe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:02 pm

thanks chetanojha,

But this link says for dependants applying within UK. But can i use the same guidance from link u gave for the VAF10 form- dependant application from outside UK.

-thanks,
mghe

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:07 pm

mghe wrote:thanks chetanojha,

But this link says for dependants applying within UK. But can i use the same guidance from link u gave for the VAF10 form- dependant application from outside UK.

-thanks,
mghe
Oops..sorry pasted incorrect link. You need to check VFS website for the form.

khan525
Newly Registered

Post by khan525 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:35 pm

-thanks,
mghe
hello
don't waist time for links,speak with some good person who can give u right advice...if u want to suggestion from solicitor then call to my frend Asif Sahi solicitor 07977517831 he can tell you every thing.
take care

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:37 pm

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:45 pm

-thanks,
mghe
Did you go thru' this site?
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com

Follow the "Applying for a Visa" section in it.

Better ask your wife to make a visit to VFS in India and get the list of documents and also get this doubt clarified.

As far as i know, there is no rule which says that the bank statement should be dated within a week.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Hello People,

Even I have small query about MF for dependant visa (Tier 1), I have been maintaining 6000+ GBP in INdian bank a/c from past 2 months and next month i will be apply for my dependants when I visit India.

Question: Which date should I consider for conversion rate (OANDA)? For my visa I used the date when I applied for the visa.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Jedi001

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Jedi001 wrote:Hello People,

Even I have small query about MF for dependant visa (Tier 1), I have been maintaining 6000+ GBP in INdian bank a/c from past 2 months and next month i will be apply for my dependants when I visit India.

Question: Which date should I consider for conversion rate (OANDA)? For my visa I used the date when I applied for the visa.

Regards
Yes for Maintenance funds it is the date when u apply for visa and for earnings u use the last date of that month of ur earnings..

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:39 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Regards
Yes for Maintenance funds it is the date when u apply for visa and for earnings u use the last date of that month of ur earnings..
Now that quick as you can get mate!!...thank you...much appreciated
Jedi001

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:10 pm

ukjobaspirer wrote:

-thanks,
mghe
Did you go thru' this site?
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com

Follow the "Applying for a Visa" section in it.

Better ask your wife to make a visit to VFS in India and get the list of documents and also get this doubt clarified.

As far as i know, there is no rule which says that the bank statement should be dated within a week.
This is straight from the guidance for dependants applying from outside UK:
Part 5
Maintenance
5.1 Put a cross (x) in the relevant box to indicate under which area of the maintenance requirement you are applying.
You need to indicate whether you are using your own funds, or those of the main applicant or your parent/legal guardian, or if a sponsor is certifying your maintenance and accommodation.
5.2 Own/Main applicant’s funds or your Parent/legal guardian’s funds
You should consult the Dependant Policy Guidance on the UK Border Agency website for details of the level of funds required for the dependants of Points Based System applicants. This will vary according to the tier or sub-tier under which the main applicant was issued entry clearance. You will need to provide evidence that the money was in your, or the main applicant’s, personal bank account for the period required. You may also use the funds of your parent/legal guardian if you are the child of the main applicant and the funds are in the personal account of your other parent. (See the Dependant Policy Guidance for details). The money must not fall below the required amount at any time during that period.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:18 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Regards
Just a corrections re Earnings:Para 130 of guidance
An applicant should use the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website at http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency. This is an independent website, for which we are not responsible.
regards,
push

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:50 am

push_hsmp wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Regards
An applicant should use the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website at http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency. This is an independent website, for which we are not responsible.
Hi Push_hsmp,

Alright that would be for earnings which I really dont have to worry about as I am applying for my dependants in sept 09. So as I understand, for their MF requirement it is the date of application...right??

Regards
Jedi001

mghe

Post by mghe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 am

Just made a quick call to VFS today. a gentleman confirmed that we can use the bank statements within a month from when they were generated. I have also fixed an appointment. He also said that I would have to maintain a minimum of 533GBP for my spouse. I will finish the list of documents and double check with you people :)... I too had the same doubts on the exchange rates, thanks for clarification You guys rock u know :)

thanks,

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:11 pm

Jedi001 wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Regards
Hi Push_hsmp,

Alright that would be for earnings which I really dont have to worry about as I am applying for my dependants in sept 09. So as I understand, for their MF requirement it is the date of application...right??

Regards
Correct
regards,
push

Premkumar99
BANNED

bills

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 pm

pay ur bills man