ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help (immigration )

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaydee2
Newly Registered

please help (immigration )

Post by jaydee2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:26 pm

my partner and son have settlement visa and we just moved in a private rented house ,my wife receive benefits ,jsa ,child tax credit ,child benefits ,am still waiting for my asylum case to be considered and now she is appying for housing benefits and council tax ,will they help us when i am living with them,as i am under immigration control.?
Last edited by jaydee2 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

i dont think so

maybe u should look after ur son so she can go out and work, and reduce her number of benefits it will certainly help ur app. if she intends to apply for you.
hi

jaydee2
Newly Registered

Post by jaydee2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:28 pm

yes the situation is she just got her visa and she is looking for work ,but with the economic situation its a bit hard to get a job she has gone for a few interviews but no replies,so we are in this dilema

jaydee2
Newly Registered

Post by jaydee2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:49 pm

our only option is i can move out and go on section 4 support (thats being given accomodation and vouchers )but then i will be moved away from my family and worst my partner will have to stay on benefits ,

does anyone know if i can move with my family to section 4 even though they have settlement.
Last edited by jaydee2 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Mate your predicament is not of your making.

Your wife and children will be fine as they are. Section 4 will not cover them.

Due to your current circumstance and the fact that you are clearly unable to support them, her benefit will be fine.

I am sure you will be more than willing to provide assistance with child care, should she be able to find work.

All the best mate
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jaydee2
Newly Registered

Post by jaydee2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Obie thanks mate

Honestly we don't even want these benefits we just want to work and earn ,pay taxes like everyone else i can stay at home and watch my son 24/7 but at this moment work is not easy to get ,and the cashflow is tight we cannot pay the rent.

moving is just not the option i want and that again will end up wih the gov paying everything for me plus my family when they could be helping someone who really needs the help.