ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time for Application made for ILR on 10 Year rule

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fais79

Processing time for Application made for ILR on 10 Year rule

Post by fais79 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

Will anyone share there experience with me on how long it took there application to be processed and returned back when applied via post for ILR on 10 year basis?

I first arrived in UK on 28th Aug 1999. I have calculated the period I have been out of UK on holiday and it has come to 92 days in total in last 10 years. Do you think I'm eligible to apply now?

Thanks!!!

ci07jjs

Re: Processing time for Application made for ILR on 10 Year

Post by ci07jjs » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:55 am

fais79 wrote:Hello Everyone,

Will anyone share there experience with me on how long it took there application to be processed and returned back when applied via post for ILR on 10 year basis?
Max upto 6 months if your application is straightforward
fais79 wrote: I first arrived in UK on 28th Aug 1999. I have calculated the period I have been out of UK on holiday and it has come to 92 days in total in last 10 years. Do you think I'm eligible to apply now?

Thanks!!!
Yes, you are eligible

flo rida
Newly Registered

10 YR ILR PROCESSING TIMES

Post by flo rida » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 pm

I sent my app. on jan. 30, 2009 and i have now been waiting for just over 6 months. i have made several calls to UKBA and they always say my application has not been completed and that i should just continue to wait. I contacted my MP who said that when he contacted UKBA on my behalf, they could not give a timescale for how long it's going to take. i have a single absence of just over 27 days.

lboro

Re: 10 YR ILR PROCESSING TIMES

Post by lboro » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:00 pm

flo rida wrote:i have a single absence of just over 27 days.
flo rida, do you mean that you have just been out of the country for 27 days for all of your 10yrs in UK?
Do you have any gaps between date of issues for your visas in the last 10yrs?
Any other complication you could think of? because to wait for more that 7 months for a straight forward application is so so unfair!

flo rida
Newly Registered

10 yr long residence ILR

Post by flo rida » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 pm

i have a single gap of 5 days, and i got this double checked before posting my application, and was informed that as long as it was not more than 10 days or several gaps, then it's okay as UKBA will use their discretion. yes i have only been out of UK for 27 days in the past 10 years.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: 10 yr long residence ILR

Post by magsi23 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:08 am

flo rida wrote:i have a single gap of 5 days, and i got this double checked before posting my application, and was informed that as long as it was not more than 10 days or several gaps, then it's okay as UKBA will use their discretion. yes i have only been out of UK for 27 days in the past 10 years.
Was the gap due to the fact that you submitted application late?
Magsi

flo rida
Newly Registered

10 yr long residence ILR

Post by flo rida » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:16 am

I actually went in person, and yes i submitted it late. i was still issued with the student visa though at the time. since then all my applications have been on time.