ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter from employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

may03
Newly Registered

letter from employer

Post by may03 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi everyone, my employer provided me a letter with the detailed salary breakdown over the period I claim. But the letter is addressed to me, not to HO officer, the format is

*****(my address)
date

Dear **(my name)
I am writing to confirm that my company has employed you over the last 12 months. Below I have outlined a summary of payments and deductions over this period.

Gross pay / Cul pay / NI / PAYE / Nett Pay / Date

Do you think this is acceptable? or better to make it address to HO?
Thanks for your help

monday

Post by monday » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 pm

hi
I think the letter is Ok. I used the same type of letter for Tier 1 general and it was accepted.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 pm

I think its best to address it to the HO.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:35 pm

This letter should be acceptable regardless of the fact whoever it is issued to.. the main thing is, it is coming from the your employer.

may03
Newly Registered

Post by may03 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:02 pm

thanks everyone for your comments
Good to know that the same type of letter is accepted in Monday's case.

may03
Newly Registered

Post by may03 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:18 am

Still thinking about this...do I need to bother my boss to change the letter?
I think my pay slips are relatively weak as evidence 'cause they are just simple table on plain papers, I'll get them signed, but our company don't have proper stamp. So I want the letter to be safe enough to prove my income.

ving

Post by ving » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:57 am

Hi,
You no need to bother anybody for that letter, it holds good, the main purpose of the letter is to show the salaries you earned, and the letter is given by your employer with your company logo and signed by higher authorities.
They should not address it to HO, i believe.
Addressing it to you is ok.
As far as my understanding goes, the payslips should have your company name and other things it should be in a standard format.
Signature from your HR is fine but how does one make sure that its signed by your HR only.? Stamp is compulsory, i believe, just ask your HR they should hav company stamp.
Many cases are rejected in this area, do not take risk be cautious and complete.

may03
Newly Registered

Post by may03 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 pm

ving wrote:Hi,
You no need to bother anybody for that letter, it holds good, the main purpose of the letter is to show the salaries you earned, and the letter is given by your employer with your company logo and signed by higher authorities.
They should not address it to HO, i believe.
Addressing it to you is ok.
As far as my understanding goes, the payslips should have your company name and other things it should be in a standard format.
Signature from your HR is fine but how does one make sure that its signed by your HR only.? Stamp is compulsory, i believe, just ask your HR they should hav company stamp.
Many cases are rejected in this area, do not take risk be cautious and complete.
Seems the only stamp they have is sth like "***(company name) received **/**/**(date)", dont know if this is acceptable.
That's why I ask them for the letter with salary breakdown, as I think even without the pay slips I still have two pieces of evidence (the other is bank statement)

The letter is on company headed paper, but we dont have a logo. And because it is a small company, we dont have a HR. I have my boss signed the pay slips and letter. What he uses for his title is usually some membership qualification of an engineer institution, not his position in the company (but in fact, the company is named after his name), should I ask him to add sth maybe like "partner" or "manager" (what is the proper title for the owner of the company?

I know my situation seems odd. I appreciate anyone's advice, thanks.