ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

married

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetie
Newly Registered

married

Post by sweetie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:08 pm

hi, i married my partner in jamiaca last month, i am a british citizen and he is a jamaican citizen. i work part time at the moment but have a trade (florist), My husband was born in Jamaica but went to live in America as a child, he was deported from the USA 10 years ago, he has been in Jamiaca since. Can he come to the uk on a visit or to live with me, and when should we apply, don't want to do it stright away but would like to know if there is a chance
thank you

jaywel
Newly Registered

Re: married

Post by jaywel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:05 am

sweetie wrote:hi, i married my partner in jamiaca last month, i am a british citizen and he is a jamaican citizen. i work part time at the moment but have a trade (florist), My husband was born in Jamaica but went to live in America as a child, he was deported from the USA 10 years ago, he has been in Jamiaca since. Can he come to the uk on a visit or to live with me, and when should we apply, don't want to do it stright away but would like to know if there is a chance
thank you
I think you would have to apply for settlement visa because you are married. I might be wrong. I am sure someone will correct.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:44 pm

He may have difficulty in being granted a visitor visa due to the fact that he may not be able to convince the ECO he will return to Jamaica. In order to live in the UK he will need to apply for a spouse settlement visa on form VAF4a. The application fee is currently £585.00
You will need to show that the relationship is genuine, that you will be able to support yourselves financially without claiming benefits and that you have adequate accomodation in the UK. You must both be over 21.