ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need fresh WP for a Transfer within same company in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

remo1
Newly Registered

Do I need fresh WP for a Transfer within same company in UK

Post by remo1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:49 am

I'm currently on WorkPermit and working for a UK based Company to whom I have workpermit with. Well, within my company I will be moving to the other branch which is located in a different location to the one specified in my workpermit. There may be salary changes as well.
In this scenario, Should my employer make a new work permit application? or Should my employer just notify the change in the address of my work place and salary changes to Home Office?

I'd appreciate your responses.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Do I need fresh WP for a Transfer within same company in

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:11 pm

remo1 wrote:I'm currently on WorkPermit and working for a UK based Company to whom I have workpermit with. Well, within my company I will be moving to the other branch which is located in a different location to the one specified in my workpermit. There may be salary changes as well.
In this scenario, Should my employer make a new work permit application? or Should my employer just notify the change in the address of my work place and salary changes to Home Office?

If you are with the same company in the same post just changing the job location.. I think u dont need to notify anything to the HO.. i think it is ur comapany internal matter..

remo1
Newly Registered

Post by remo1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Many thanks tvn_ramesh for your response. When I looked at the "Technical Changes" section in UKBA website, it outlines that one has to make a fresh tier 2 application if he/she has got promotion or change in salary.
Anyone been this scenario.....

your responses will be much appreciated....

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:26 pm

remo1 wrote: When I looked at the "Technical Changes" section in UKBA website, it outlines that one has to make a fresh tier 2 application if he/she has got promotion or change in salary.

Fair enough remo...

why dont u drop an email to the HO to get confirmed reply

Email Id is UKBApublicenquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:38 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
remo1 wrote:I'm currently on WorkPermit and working for a UK based Company to whom I have workpermit with. Well, within my company I will be moving to the other branch which is located in a different location to the one specified in my workpermit. There may be salary changes as well.

If you are with the same company in the same post just changing the job location.. I think u dont need to notify anything to the HO.. i think it is ur comapany internal matter..
Not correct u have to inform the HO for any chnages such as job location wages job role etc.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Read the following link as it explain u situation in detail.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... angements/

If u r under the old work permit scheme then u need to fulfill the conditions of that workpermit. If you still have the guidence for old work permit it will explain that in detail as its not available on the web site anymore. So read u guidence for work permit.

remo1
Newly Registered

Post by remo1 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:32 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
remo1 wrote: When I looked at the "Technical Changes" section in UKBA website, it outlines that one has to make a fresh tier 2 application if he/she has got promotion or change in salary.

Fair enough remo...

Yeap..I have done that already....

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:29 am

remo1 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Fair enough remo...

Yeap..I have done that already....
Good.. Do post their reply here once u get it.. which may help others in ur situation.. cheers