ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fingerprints for Police Clearance

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sovtek

fingerprints for Police Clearance

Post by sovtek » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:59 pm

So i rocked up to the Rathmines Garda station to get two sets of fingerprints for a police clearance from the FBI and the SAPS.
So the An Guardia Siochana behind the desks asks "...do you have the forms?"
I say no that they accept the forms that they normally use to fingerprint. He says that no they can't use those except for "official use". I said that I had done it before. He said that they could do the fingerprinting but I have to have the forms from the FBI and SAPS or go to another garda station. Oh and that there is a charge of about €10-12 for the fingerprints. I said you used to do it for free...he says no there is definately a charge.
What I didn't say is that this is to fulfill a requirement by his collegues in INIS and it's ridiculous that I have to now go through another hoop to fulfill their unneccesary requirements and they are going to charge me yet another fee for being an immigrant. When does it end I ask with tears in my eyes?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Incompetence, inconsistency, Inept practice are all spelt with a capital I when used in any context to refer to the abysmal quality of services provided by Irish departments, especially the Justice.

I lived in the UK for 11 year and have my misgivings about them, but incompetence is not a word i use to refer to them on a regular basis.

There are no comprehensive rules, where these nincompoops are concerned, which is something that took me ages to process in my brain.

I bet if you go back in a day or two another official will tell you something different.

They are certainly not worth your tears mate.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 pm

hi Sovtek, just give like 2days break and go back to that same station like Obie has said, it s gonna be a different story. And i am very sure another person will do it for you if you are lucky. dont give up mate, good luck.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Re: fingerprints for Police Clearance

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:54 pm

sovtek wrote:So i rocked up to the Rathmines Garda station to get two sets of fingerprints for a police clearance from the FBI and the SAPS.
I say no that they accept the forms that they normally use to fingerprint. He says that no they can't use those except for "official use". I said that I had done it before. He said that they could do the fingerprinting but I have to have the forms from the FBI and SAPS or go to another garda station. Oh and that there is a charge of about €10-12 for the fingerprints. I said you used to do it for free...he says no there is definately a charge.
What I didn't say is that this is to fulfill a requirement by his collegues in INIS and it's ridiculous that I have to now go through another hoop to fulfill their unneccesary requirements and they are going to charge me yet another fee for being an immigrant. When does it end I ask with tears in my eyes?
Sorry dont mind me asking, what do you need fingerprints for.

highstoolhero
Newly Registered

Post by highstoolhero » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:09 pm

If fingerprints are for a government body outside Ireland you bring fingerprint form issued by that embassy and there is no charge. If Garda have to provide forms there is a €20 euro fee.

If you have difficulties with this, remember there is no obligation on Gardai to provide this service.

9jeirean

Re: fingerprints for Police Clearance

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:23 pm

sovtek wrote:So i rocked up to the Rathmines Garda station to get two sets of fingerprints for a police clearance from the FBI and the SAPS.
Cheer up sovtek. I dont think any of those incompetent f**ls is worth your tears. I hope you've eventually sorted this out.

I did a similar finger print from my local Garda station this morning. No hassle at all. I had to ring up prior for appointment though. I also paid Eur20 as the print was done on oficial garda card. I was told it would have been free if the requesting intitution had provided me with their own form/card.

Good luck mate

mazar

I feel you sis or bro,sovtek,

Post by mazar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:09 pm

sovtek,dont mind i am the same boat,it happend to my naturlisaion application,its handed to some one who is very racest,and discriminated my application for35 months, stil no news, 95% people who are work for justice.ie are very racest and ignored,if you complain the European Commission, please feel free and email or call,sovtek be strong heart sis or bro, * By mail
The European Ombudsman
1 Avenue du Président Robert Schuman
CS 30403
FR-67001 Strasbourg Cedex
France
* By telephone
+33 (0) 3 88 17 23 13
* By fax
+33 (0) 3 88 17 90 62
* Website
http://www.ombudsman.europa.eu

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: I feel you sis or bro,sovtek,

Post by Ben » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:18 pm

mazar wrote:sovtek,dont mind i am the same boat,it happend to my naturlisaion application,its handed to some one who is very racest,and discriminated my application for35 months, stil no news, 95% people who are work for justice.ie are very racest and ignored,
[citation needed]

mazar wrote:if you complain the European Commission..

<snip>
..it will be a waste of time.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Mazar where they able to provide you any assistance in your case with the DOJ.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors