ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A quick question or two!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

glace81
Newly Registered

Post by glace81 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Hello

Ok then. I think that CFO is really helpful and an eye opener for us Filipinas, at least we have a little background of how life it would be out there.. :D Luckily, our area here has not been affected with the typhoon.. :D

Best of luck..God bless

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:36 pm

That is interesting, so your wife will not be allowed to leave the country without an approval.

What if she had to leave on an emergency trip overseas.

I suppose there are reasons for all this anyway. The safety of their citizens is of paramount importance i suppose.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes, quite right, but its a shame that for all the proceedures there isn't a document telling you what to do. For instance we were told that she needed 2 forms of photographic ID. Another trip back to her province to get a postal ID, and then it turned out that the ID was only needed to show the guards to get into the building! A passport was sufficient! Anyway, here is the link, if it is of any interest to you:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

Ann just said it is easy, and you can get it within a day as long as you get there early enough to beat the queue! The visa is the problem!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:08 pm

That is fabulous then. You could be rest assured it won't be an hinderance to your plans,in that case.

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Yes that is one less hurdle out of the way :)

I do have another question for you, so sorry. I realise that we don't need all of these documents listed here for the Netherlands Schengen visa application but I am having real trouble finding something online to print off when we go to the Netherlands embassy on monday. This is the link for documents required for a Schengen issued in Netherlands:

http://www.netherlandsembassy.ph/new/re ... urist_visa

As you can imagine, we don't have many of those documents and if I end up with any problem I need to be able to show them something of substance.

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:34 pm

On this document:

http://www.netherlands-embassy.org.uk/p ... .php?i=261

right at the bottom it says:
*Please note that EU nationals who have always lived in the country of their nationality are not exercising EU treaty rights and are therefore not considered Union citizens. Their family members therefore are not covered by the provisions of Directive 2004/38/EC.
Although I lived in Bulgaria, I was totally unaware I was required to apply for a residence card and so I never got one. Therefore, I have no proof that I have excercised my treaty rights. :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:53 pm

andy and ann wrote:On this document:

http://www.netherlands-embassy.org.uk/p ... .php?i=261

right at the bottom it says:
*Please note that EU nationals who have always lived in the country of their nationality are not exercising EU treaty rights and are therefore not considered Union citizens. Their family members therefore are not covered by the provisions of Directive 2004/38/EC.
Although I lived in Bulgaria, I was totally unaware I was required to apply for a residence card and so I never got one. Therefore, I have no proof that I have excercised my treaty rights. :(
I don't think it makes any difference to ur situation, u r exercising ur treaty right in the future by moving to Bulgaria, not sure if retrospective residency is counted. Be nice if it is but I doubt it.

Did u live in Bulgaria before it was an A2 State?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi Wanderer, I lived in Bulgaria after it was an A2 state, from May 2007 - Oct 2008. I had been there about 7 times previously on holiday, and always had to register with the police within 48 hrs. This time when I went to register I was told that I didn't need to anymore.

I guess I am paranoid about it all! I guess I think they are not going to believe me or something. As you can imagine I really am desperate for this all to work out.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Basically u *should* be able to move to BU with ur missus under the BU version of what we call in the UK the EEA Family Permit, Lord knows what it's called in Bulgarian - I'm still looking for the German version of it for my own purposes.......

But I do feel this process u r going thru wont be as simple as suggested, as u've found already, it's a nightmare, no one knows the right form, EU States deny any knowledge of EU Diktat and impose their local laws, ask for proof of this, proof of that and you've hardly even started.

Read the EU forum here - EU is nice and simple and free on the face of it, in practice it's a freaking nightmare....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Andy, without a shred of doubt, the statement you quoted from the Dutch website is wrong.

What i think they meant to say is that non-EEA family members who have never been to another EEA country, other than that of their spouse or family members and are not in possession of a resident Card issued under directive 2004/38 EC are not visa exempted, and that these category of people need to apply for a visa which will be issued free of charge and as part of an accelerated process.

Article 5 of the directive states that EU nationals can travel with their Family member to another member state and a visa should be issued for the Non EEA immediately and free of charge. Even if the EEA national has never lived in another member state

Article 6 states that they are free from any protocol for the first 3 months of resident and only after that is the EEA family member suppose to be exercising treaty rights in order to qualify.

For them to say EEA national who have never travel to another member state are not covered by the directive is absolutely wrong.

Andy they are supposed to grant it to your wife without any hassle.

I will forward the dutch version to you shortly.

I have been trying to settle down my nephew, who is a toddler , as i am babysitting today. That is why i cannot provide the link. I am currently using a different computer from that of mine.

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:43 pm

Yes Wanderer, I don't for one minute think its going to be easy, and that is why I am trying to get as much info as possible, but I know I am becoming a real pain in the backside for Obie :(

Obie, please don't worry about me right now, spend time with your nephew and enjoy him! Thankyou for your reassuring words though!

I have ample time before I need any proof, and besides we will probably apply for the Bulgarian visa first as that is a little bit more proof for The Netherlands of where we are heading.

Thanks again.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Here are the links to the website and the Directive in the Dutch Version.

If you google translate Article five and Six, you will see that your rights and that of your wife's are provided for, even when you have never lived in another member state.

http://europa.eu/eur-lex/pri/nl/oj/dat/ ... 350048.pdf

http://www.ind.nl/nl/Images/2007%20EMN% ... 164186.pdf

Have a look at these other links, they provide information on the implementation by other countries.

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/directive-200438ec/

Remember that if the Dutch act stupid, you can always go to the Polish or Estonian Embassy, and their Visa would be equally worth that of the Dutch, in terms of your wife's traveling rights.

You are cool man. I enjoy providing assistance to people, and seeing them suceed and their rights upheld. You are not a pain at all. I only mentioned my nephew to explain why it took ages to reply to you.

He is fast asleep now! bless him.

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Well Obie, I honestly don't know how I will ever be able to repay your kindness!!

As you know, I want all the facts sorted out before I even enter the embassy so that I know my rights. Even though I won't be applying for the Schengen this visit, unless we get lucky and we keep the passport at the Bulgarian embassy. We will still be going to the Dutch embassy to make sure it is all smooth sailing, and you are right, we can go elsewhere if there are any problems!

Thanks again!

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:43 pm

It is almost 2am here now so I will head off to bed now. I think that I have everything covered now!

I will give you a break from me now and wish you a great weekend! I will update you on the situation early next week, depending on if I get an internet connection at the hotel, or, not until I get back!

Thanks again, and do have a great weekend!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:58 pm

I wish you all the best mate.

Don't hesitate to send us a note if you want any clarification.

I also hope the typhoon subsides before your trips and that you have a smooth journey.

glace81
Newly Registered

Post by glace81 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 am

I think prayers can help with all your worries Andy, just keep having the faith, as faith can move mountains.. Based on my personal experience, prayers do work and even the most impossiblest thing you thought, will be made possible.. Just keep moving forward and never think negative..

God bless..

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Thanks a lot for your thoughts glace81.

I think god already answered my prayers by sending me Obie ;)

glace81
Newly Registered

Post by glace81 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:31 pm

You are welcome andy.. God will always have an instrument to fulfill your goals and that He is sending you a person to enlighten you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:34 pm

andy and ann wrote:Thanks a lot for your thoughts glace81.

I think god already answered my prayers by sending me Obie ;)
And not your wife?!!

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:36 pm

And not your wife?!!
Those were my earlier prayers ;)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:06 pm

How was your Saturday mate. It must be the dead of night in the Philippines now. Early hours of Sunday morning to be precise.

I am just returning from Northern Ireland, chilling out with mates.

Hope preparations are going well

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:14 pm

WOW! My mouse was literally moving towards 'shut down' when messenger popped up with a new email message!

Yeh its a little bit late here errrm 3 in the morning! It has been a pretty chilled out day today, went to an internet cafe and got everything printed, twice! Ann's handwriting is better than mine so she will be filling them out but was not very well again today, but that is our only job for tomorrow! Or later today should I say!

I have done a bit of googling today with regard to my issues, but nothing much came of it, but its nice to be reassuring myself with the same kind of documents!

Other than that though it will be full speed ahead on monday! Really looking forward to getting all this underway!

Hope you have a great evening chilling out with your friends :)

take care and speak soon!

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 am

A quick update:

The Polish embassy accepts applications in errr Bangkok! Also the Bulgarian embassy cannot issue a visa here only inIndonesia or Vietnam.

The Netherlands embassy had a lovely lady and I think she will really help with the application. She is however very strict on one thing, and that is that we show her flights etc to The Netherlands. The problem is that we went there first and now I need to go back there and confirm she is going to let me go without the visa for Bulgaria. I am sure that she will. The lady at the Bulgarian embassy said that in Europe it could take just 3 days to issue the visa in Europe, we will wait and see!

The staff at the German embassy are as helpful as the staff were at the British embassy when we went there before. Not at all.

Will give a full update on the route we will take a little bit later.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:06 pm

I am glad there seem to be a light in the tunnel for you guys.

The German and British embassy staff in all countries i have been to and heard about seem to be the same. Always unhelpful.

Once more, i wish you all the best.

Regards

andy and ann

Post by andy and ann » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Thankyou very much Obie!

Right then, I had to go back to The Netherlands Embassy, and see the same lady who will be saying yes or no because we won't get the visa to Bulgaria until we reach Europe. She told me that she would then need flight reservations for us both to and from the Schengen area. I told her that I didn't want to buy a return ticket and she said 'its different here, you can reserve a flight'.

We went to a travel agent and sure enough, we were able to reserve the flights for both of us for about 5 GBP. So hopefully the 'certificate' we were given will be accepted.

When I had called the helpline this morning, it said that we could only arrange appointments by phone, and that the waiting list was 3 weeks. Once I went back I asked if we could arrange the appointment and she said that we could go back tomorrow at 10:30am.

She also said that if we didn't have the right documents then we would be able to submit them before the 2 week deadline. I had told her the full story of our plight, and she was prepared to get the application proceeding. For a Schengen visa they have to notify all member countries about it for approval and the process takes about 9 working days.The German embassy would refuse the application if those documents were missing. She said that although we didn't require Ann's travel insurance for the visa it would be good if she could have it for the visa. Thats fair enough.

All in all although a very stressful day, you wouldn't believe how awful taxi drivers here are, but we made it!

Two weeks from tomorrow we 'should' be getting the Schengen visa!!!

Thanks for all the help so far! Will keep you posted!