ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rules for UK Residency(ILR)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nischerry
Newly Registered

New Rules for UK Residency(ILR)

Post by nischerry » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Guys i have been listening to many news that rules are going to change for British Citizenship. Will there be any changes for ILR requirements.

Please can one answer this ?

Thanks in Advance

krisbal

Post by krisbal » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:02 pm

As far as I understand this rule has not yet been enforced. Well in 2005 - 2006 when the PR rule was changed from 4 years to 5 years it didnt affect people who entered UK before Jan 2004, but affected me because I came here in Jan 2004. But then I went back in 2007 and had a gap of almost 1 year and my eligibility for PR was anyways lost and I am now starting fresh :).
Even now if this rule is enforced they will have some parameters set. So just wait and watch for further information.
All the best to everyone.

Premkumar99
BANNED

8 years

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:40 pm

i heard its going to be 8 years. May be in the future until you die here you wont get PR