ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TAX or Income Documents for Naturalisation?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jas

TAX or Income Documents for Naturalisation?

Post by jas » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Hello,

After going through the AN Form and Guidelines, I understand there is no need to submit any tax documents, pay slips or even bank statements. All required is the current Passport. Please could someone advise if its correct.

The other thing is that form does ask about details of Tax office. Is it for some verification?

I will be applying soon on the basis of WP+ILR.

Thanks in advance.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: TAX or Income Documents for Naturalisation?

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 pm

jas wrote:Hello,

After going through the AN Form and Guidelines, I understand there is no need to submit any tax documents, pay slips or even bank statements. All required is the current Passport. Please could someone advise if its correct.

The other thing is that form does ask about details of Tax office. Is it for some verification?

I will be applying soon on the basis of WP+ILR.

Thanks in advance.
You are correct. I submitted my application today via the NCS and the only document they collected from me are:

1. Passport
2. Life in UK Test
3. Driving License (I used it for proof of ID for my test)
4. HO letter stating when I was given ILR
5. Application form

And obviously the payment form. I went there with pay slips, P60s and statement of account but was told those are not necessary. Seems to be too little to ask for the naturalisation application to me, but looking at the information on the back of the form itself, you will see the list of document required.

jas

Post by jas » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:12 am

justice_will_reign,

Thanks for confirming. Good luck with your application. I will also be applying through NCS within next month.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 am

justice_will_reign:

Once they verify the documents mentioned in your list, do the NCS return them to you? I refer to passport, driving license, etc. - not the application form itself, of course!

Also, in case you wish to send the application by express/courier mail, how do you get that done? Do you mail the application yourself or does the NCS send on your behalf? If it's the latter, do you provide them with the express mail envelope or do you pay them additional amount for the service?

Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:00 am

Correct, and also appreciate that if you read the declaration that you need to sign, to make the application, you are authorising UKBA to access your records in the HMRC computer system.

A general comment .... you are not the first person to be surprised about how little documentary evidence is required when applying for Naturalisation .... and I am sure you won't be the last!
John

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:15 am

According to case worker guidance, a full check will be performed for self-employed applicants with tax office. For employees (PAYE), it is responsibility of employer to pay taxes. They will check company is UK registered with companies house and HMRC (for VAT) and there are no outstanding taxes to be paid.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:26 am

global gypsy wrote:justice_will_reign:

Once they verify the documents mentioned in your list, do the NCS return them to you? I refer to passport, driving license, etc. - not the application form itself, of course!

Also, in case you wish to send the application by express/courier mail, how do you get that done? Do you mail the application yourself or does the NCS send on your behalf? If it's the latter, do you provide them with the express mail envelope or do you pay them additional amount for the service?

Thanks.
Yes, all original document were returned back to me but this was after copies were made.

Secondly, they will be the one to send the application on your behalf, in my own case I was told they will be sending the application same via oyal Mail Special Delivery and tracking number was given to me. I have already tracked the number today and my application is on its way to HO. I didn't provide the mail evenlope, this is part of the service they're rendering you and part of the £40 per applicant I paid when appointment was booked over the telephone. They showed me the mailing pack they would use.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:27 am

jas wrote:justice_will_reign,

Thanks for confirming. Good luck with your application. I will also be applying through NCS within next month.
Thanks...

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:11 pm

It is good idea to use driving licence to take the test. Justice_will_reign , you will get your approval farily quickly. Because you have supplied passport for proof of residence and Driving licence for Proof of ID. cuts down processing time by few weeks.
Keep the forum posted on the developments.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Because you have supplied passport for proof of residence and Driving licence for Proof of ID.
Duh? Shouldn't that be the other way around...I mean, passport for proof of identity and driving license for proof of residence/address?

justice_will_reign: thanks for the info. Good to know that they return the originals and mail the application by express delivery.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:51 pm

tech wrote:Because you have supplied passport for proof of residence and Driving licence for Proof of ID. cuts down processing time by few weeks.
Keep the forum posted on the developments.
..Oh really? I sincerely hope so. I will definitely keep the forum posted of any development.