ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK or overseas earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spirea28
Newly Registered

UK or overseas earnings

Post by Spirea28 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi,

Would really appreciate any advice on this please. Basically I am an independent contractor wishing to apply for extension of stay under HSMP. My earnings originated from 2 sources - one is a London, UK company and the other a Canadian company. I was wondering if can clam my earnings from the Canadian company as part of the £16k United Kingdom earnings as I earn them while in London?

Many thanks!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:43 pm

could you please list the evidences (invoices/pay advices, bank statements, accoutant reference/tax documents etc) of earnings you have got from both the companies?

Spirea28
Newly Registered

UK or Overseas earnings

Post by Spirea28 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 am

rizwan567 wrote:could you please list the evidences (invoices/pay advices, bank statements, accoutant reference/tax documents etc) of earnings you have got from both the companies?
For the London's company:
a. Invoices that I issued them for the period claimed
b. Remittance Advices (I don't have payslips - would this do? Do I need to get the company to certify them? The remittance advices are all on their letter head paper.

For the Canadian company:
Basically I was contracted to do the design work for some of their trade shows in London - do you think I can count those money earned for these jobs as part of the 16k "UK Experience"?

a. Invoices
b. They TT the money to my UK bank - so no remittance advice, or anything. I got a letter of "advice of credit" from my bank, do I need to submit these? I lost some of them, unfortunately....
c. Shall I get the company to write me a letter confirming some of my contracted work involved work in UK?

In addition - d. Letter from my accountant confirming my gross/net profit (minus expenses). e. draft accounts (we haven't filed the 08 TR yet and part of my 4 months claimed period are not covered by this tax year)

Some of questions are:
a. Shall I get both companies to write me a letter to confirm my earnings?
b. Would earnings originate from a non UK company, but for work related to UK, count as part of the 16K UK experience requirement?
c. I read on this forum that payslips need to be signed and sealed - do I need to get my remittance advices signed/stamped? They are already on company letter head paper already.
d. Where earnings are transfer to my bank directly w/o any payment advices - shall I submit the "advice of credit" letters from my bank?
e. My invoices to both companies didn't get stamp - is this OK?

Many thanks for any advice!

republique
BANNED

Re: UK or Overseas earnings

Post by republique » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Spirea28 wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:could you please list the evidences (invoices/pay advices, bank statements, accoutant reference/tax documents etc) of earnings you have got from both the companies?
For the London's company:
a. Invoices that I issued them for the period claimed
b. Remittance Advices (I don't have payslips - would this do? Do I need to get the company to certify them? The remittance advices are all on their letter head paper.

For the Canadian company:
Basically I was contracted to do the design work for some of their trade shows in London - do you think I can count those money earned for these jobs as part of the 16k "UK Experience"?

a. Invoices
b. They TT the money to my UK bank - so no remittance advice, or anything. I got a letter of "advice of credit" from my bank, do I need to submit these? I lost some of them, unfortunately....
c. Shall I get the company to write me a letter confirming some of my contracted work involved work in UK?

In addition - d. Letter from my accountant confirming my gross/net profit (minus expenses). e. draft accounts (we haven't filed the 08 TR yet and part of my 4 months claimed period are not covered by this tax year)

Some of questions are:
a. Shall I get both companies to write me a letter to confirm my earnings?
b. Would earnings originate from a non UK company, but for work related to UK, count as part of the 16K UK experience requirement?
c. I read on this forum that payslips need to be signed and sealed - do I need to get my remittance advices signed/stamped? They are already on company letter head paper already.
d. Where earnings are transfer to my bank directly w/o any payment advices - shall I submit the "advice of credit" letters from my bank?
e. My invoices to both companies didn't get stamp - is this OK?

Many thanks for any advice!
Provide contract
Provide invoice
Provide bank statement matching invoice or contract amount to bank credits
Get company to write letter confirming amount transferred to account for services rendered.
Get accountant to write you letter confirming gross and net profit and salary and divident paid out to you.

Premkumar99
BANNED

earn

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:14 pm

first earn for your living

k820

Post by k820 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:08 am

Provide contract
Provide invoice
Get company to write letter confirming amount transferred to account for services rendered.
Get accountant to write you letter confirming gross and net profit and salary and divident paid out to you.
correct me please if i am wrong

In guidence they are saying
company account
accountant letter
bank statment

need to show for evidence.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:15 pm

k820 wrote:

Provide contract
Provide invoice

company account
accountant letter
bank statment

So? then do it.

Premkumar99
BANNED

pan shop

Post by Premkumar99 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:21 pm

open a pan shop man. with beda 120 zarda

k820

Post by k820 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 pm

@republique

your msg showing that i am going on wrong site, I really appriate if you can help me out.

thanks

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:26 pm

k820 wrote:@republique

your msg showing that i am going on wrong site, I really appriate if you can help me out.

thanks
I dont know what you are talking about
Ever use google?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:09 pm

k820 wrote:

Provide contract
Provide invoice

company account
accountant letter
bank statment

If a person is claiming points as self-employed he has to provide "corroborative" evidence to provde the eanings. Invoice/Letter from Accountant/Letter from client or agency work source1 and bank statement work for source 2.

But if person is taking regular dividends from his company, i personally think he is better off claiming points using dividend vouchers(along with payslips from him own company) + bank statement to keep application straight forward.

k820

Post by k820 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:52 pm

If a person is claiming points as self-employed he has to provide "corroborative" evidence to provde the eanings. Invoice/Letter from Accountant/Letter from client or agency work source1 and bank statement work for source 2.
In my case I do private tuitions and i dont provide invoices but i have their information(Contact details etc)
If I only show two evidence
Letter from Accountant and
Bank Statement

Does it work?