ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigrating to canada from uk

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

Immigrating to canada from uk

Post by 386504 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi there, I have put in an application and CIC have registered it from the 2/02/2008 for a skilled worker in toronto does anyone have any idea on how long it will be before they ask me to supply documents? as I'm itching to get the letter.

Kind regards

gisel
Newly Registered

Post by gisel » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:26 am

The new change in the immigration Policy has put the application processing on fast track. In some cases the applicant may have the landing papers within a year. I would recommend to consult with a qualified Canada Immigration Lawyer, as most of the immigration lawyers offer free consultation.

maxthewonderdog
Newly Registered

Post by maxthewonderdog » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:58 am

Hi there, I have put in an application and CIC have registered it from the 2/02/2008 for a skilled worker in toronto does anyone have any idea on how long it will be before they ask me to supply documents? as I'm itching to get the letter.

Kind regards

Hi, I applied under the simplified scheme in April 2007. I received a letter with an end date to reclaim my processing fee at the start of this year (2009). In May I received a letter to tell me I had 4 months to gather all documents and submit. Depending on your occupation, the city you are moving to the timescales differ. Just hang in there and use the time to prepare. Good luck. Max

Newly Registered

Post by 386504 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks Max

I had the letter saying about the last chance i could reclaim the deposit in sept 08. But I have still not had the the letter requesting police checks and other docs yet?

Thanks Aaron :(