ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Post Study Work

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluemavi
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Post Study Work

Post by bluemavi » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi all,

I applied for Tier 1 Post Study Work on 15 October 2008 and it has been decided to refuse my application for leave to remain as a Tier 1. Only reason was l provide a letter from the University which states only the end date of the study rather then start and end date. This was the only reason.

Well, Home Office said l am entitle to appeal this decision via the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal.

The Tribunal dismissed HomeOffice decision and I granted leave to remain in April 2009.
I have been waiting to hear from HomeOffice since then, although I sent several letters and emails, none of them has been replied yet and also made at least 10 phone calls. Everytime they are saying that I need to wait and they do not give any time scale. When I asked the question, Why am I waiting for or/and How long do I need to wait ,their answer is we only advice you to wait and there is no time scale. it can be 2 years 10 years I do not know when..It has been 9 months already.

So I was wondering if anybody had any experince like this(hope not)and give me any advice or tell me what to do?

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:21 pm

This is very unfortunate. Is there a way to get some sort of enforcement order from the tribunal?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

monday

Post by monday » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi
This is quite stressful, i want to believe that your file might be missing. My advice for you is to call the Home office Appeal processing unit in London on this number 02089172039 and asked them if your file has been sent to the Appeal Implementation unit in Leeds. If the file is in leeds then you or your solicitor can write the Appeal implementation unit on this address:
UKBA
Home Office
Appeal Directorate
Appeal Implementation Unit
P.o. Box 502 Leeds
Leeds

The Customer service staff of the HO Appeal processing unit are actually very nice and they will happy to check the systems for you and locate where your file is. All the best

Premkumar99
BANNED

did you pass

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:12 pm

did you pass ur exam

bluemavi
Newly Registered

Post by bluemavi » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:21 pm

yes, I passed all the exam and awarded Upper Second Class Degree..

bluemavi
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Post Study Work

Post by bluemavi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:52 am

Monday

Thank you very much for the advice, really appreciated.

I called the Home office Appeal processing unit in London, as you said they are really nice and very helpfull..

Well, my file has been sent to the Appeal Implementation unit in Leeds on 5th of August which is 5 days ago..So I believe,I should wait abit more time to hear from them, maybe untill end of this month..

Many Thanks