ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:38 pm

2036789 wrote:786sam did your mp manage to get your appeal date faster

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:38 pm

2036789 wrote:786sam did your mp manage to get your appeal date faster
I got a desicion back witin two weeks as my mp did say to them to hurry up. Its best to get the mp to help thats if your mp is helpful,my mp was very helpful. Good luck with your application

b92753

Post by b92753 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:56 pm

im going self employed a tailor. going to open my own business.

kayaniii

hey

Post by kayaniii » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:12 am

my wife have British passport and Pakistani as well... when she came in pakistan for marrige she used pakistani passport n deffinately when she went back to UK she showed British one

so m just confused wot shud i show ... shall i show the photo coppies of both passports ?? n how ?? all pages ?? cos they check the exit stamp on passports right ??

plzz suggest me about it ... i hav got an appointment for this month so before going there i hav to complete every doc.. n shall i show our Honey moon pics as well ? ;) ... plzz suggest .. :D

Allah may help you guys alot in every success cos u do for others

thanks

Kayani

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Kayanni

Your wife has dual nationality, therefore she has both Brit/Pak passport.

It is quite common for people to do this. Both her entry and exit from Pakistan will be in her Pakistani passport. there will be nothing in the British passport.

Therefore she has to have both passports (every single page ) certified by a solicitors and sent with the application.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Deperate Wife

Sorry couldnt get back to you a bit busy with weddings over the weekend. However having just read the last few posts on here, I think the advice given by one of the posters is what I think your husband should do,rather then send letter tohis MP which I suggested.

by persoanlly visiting an MP,it is morelikely that he will do something whereas writting to him , willnot make him do that.

However if you want the letter, I will post email it to you. Its just its onanother computer to which I will not have access till end of this week.

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Batleykhan ...

what do you mean by certified with solicitor ?? actuley when i called to gerrys for appointment so that guy said i have to attest my wife passport and marriage certificate translated page from 18th Grade officer here in pakistan ... that means i have to attest from a Colllage professor or a Bank Manager or Govt school principle ...

so shall i do it from here or my wife shud certified from solicitor in UK cos shes going to solicitor for sponsor letter this week ...

plzzz suggest ..

thank you so much for ur help

Kayani

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:12 pm

if your wife is the sponsor and she lives in UK, then she should have EVERY PAGE FROM BOTH PASSPORTS CERTIFIED BY A SOLICITOR IN UK

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 pm

ooright

thank you .. will do it

was794

Post by was794 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:40 am

im of to pakistan today !! yipeeee !! get to go hunting on my horse and see my my wife !!!! also need to get a proper malash on my head to relieve the strees built up in this country...!!
good luck to everyone with there applications.

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm

BATLYKHAN PLEASE HELP

My cousin is getting her paper work togeter for a spouse visa.But she has run into a problem on her payslips there is no tax been taken.is that a problem for her.shes working 35 hours a week

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:39 pm

BATLYKHAN PLEASE HELP

My cousin is getting her paper work togeter for a spouse visa.But she has run into a problem on her payslips there is no tax been taken.is that a problem for her.shes working 35 hours a week
Yes she will have problem,if she is working those number of hrs and not paying any tax.

She hasnt by any chance started her job since April2009?.If so she may not have earned enough of her personal allowamce in which case she will not be paying any tax till she starts to earn above her personal allowance.

Has she said why tax is not deducted?. Has she got P60 from last year,if so she can send that with her wages slips as proof as that will indicate how much tax she has paid..

sabah

same

Post by sabah » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:57 pm

illy wrote:hi

i applied for spouse visa on the 3rd of july they said to contact them 3 week from that day which is tomarow.but the online status still states applicatiuon forward to islambad oc.hope tomarow it changes. :roll:
hi am in same boat as you applied 22nd july i am emailed sevarl section requesting help as i am not well na i have no1 to look after my children im haveing doctors at my house ect but it seems no1 listening to me AAARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH : :cry:

b92753

Re: same

Post by b92753 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:40 pm

sabah wrote:
illy wrote:hi

i applied for spouse visa on the 3rd of july they said to contact them 3 week from that day which is tomarow.but the online status still states applicatiuon forward to islambad oc.hope tomarow it changes. :roll:
hi am in same boat as you applied 22nd july i am emailed sevarl section requesting help as i am not well na i have no1 to look after my children im haveing doctors at my house ect but it seems no1 listening to me AAARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH : :cry:
It could take up to 60 working days or 12 weeks due to an recent office change for the "settlement" visa in london. Also weekends are not classed as working days

kayaniii

Hey

Post by kayaniii » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:31 am

Yar if they have changed their office in london now then wots the point they r takng 12 weeks for settelment visa?? Evrythng shud be up n running now cos they hv chngd the office in july n todys 7 aug??

b92753

Re: Hey

Post by b92753 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:01 pm

kayaniii wrote:Yar if they have changed their office in london now then wots the point they r takng 12 weeks for settelment visa?? Evrythng shud be up n running now cos they hv chngd the office in july n todys 7 aug??

It takes time to change offices, can take from coupple of days to a couple of weeks. They also have a backlog of cases. Just be patient. i applied on the 8th of july and still not received a response. so good luck

azim
Newly Registered

Post by azim » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:11 am

TOPGUN wrote:Well Azim, I applied as a fresh applicant on 14 July 2008 and my visa got refused on 8 September 2008 and i got the documents back on 11 Sep 2008. My wife, who is in UK, hired a solicitor and they applied for an appeal on my behalf on 6 october 2008. I got the first response from AIT on 18 October 2008 in which they had asked ECO Islamabad to provide the bundle of proof on the basis of which they refused my visa, which they didnt reply till the end. Then on 19 Feb 2009 AIT gave me the hearing date that was 30 April 2009, but in that letter they again asked ECO Islamabad to send them bundle of proof and they gave 1 week time to submit but they(ECO) failed again to send the bundle of proof. After my appeal got successful, i got the judge determination on 13 May 2009 and the calling letter from BHC Islamabad on 28th May 2009 in which they asked me to submit my passport to gerry's. Then i submitted my passport with the calling letter on the basis of successful appeal on 12 June 2009 and still waiting.

I don't know why they refused initially. They were satisfied with everything accept my wife's income. THAT WAS REALLY STUPID STATEMENT AND REASON. They said my wife's income was below 70 Pounds per week as their criteria is 95 pounds a week, but if we calculate my wife was earning almost 300 pounds a week, because my wife is a permanent primary school teacher, and at the of our application she was earning 1100 Pounds a month after deduction of tax. We gave them three months salary slips plus bank statement of her own savings of around 10,000 Pounds since 2007 in her personal account. her parents mortgage and accounts statement. She lives with her parents and they have a four bedroom house. Her parents signed on the declaration stated that they don't have any problem if we both live in their house for free and her solicitor gave the certificate which proves that the house is not over crowded. We gave each and every single document for the proof, but they wanted to refuse so they refused.

Now its been over 1 and half month and they haven't stamped my visa yet. I don't know what makes them to think so long to issue me a visa.

I hope every1 waiting for their passport gets the good news soon.INSH ALLAH.

WAS794, I hope your wife get her passport with visa stamp on it soon INSH ALLAH.
hi have you had repley yet :cry: :? :shock: :(

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Hello everybody specialy batlikhan:P

What is going on the forum?i have seen so many new people came and join the forum that is very good becouse it should be more sharing of information and support to everybody by the way i am also old member of this forum and i seen so many persons leave this forum becouse they got there visa,s so it is my Dua for everybody that we all will leave this forum with having our visa,s(ameen) from BHC islamabad becouse the settlement visa process is like hell.

so i will also ask questions from all of you and if you guys need to ask anything then welcome by the way i face all the process of BHC islamabd and now i am in appeal process and my hearing will be in OCT 2009.

Sandhu.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:36 pm

HI GUYS,

Just to update you on my wife's pending visa appeal!

I sent the appeal to BHC London office on the 24th July. I have not heard anything as of yet, but its still early days. To re-assure myself further i have got in touch with my local MP and he has agreed to write a letter to the home office requesting them to overturn their original refusal.

Is anybody else in a similar situation?
Please post your updates im sure we can all benefit from each others advice.

Thank you.

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:57 pm

batleykhan wrote:
BATLYKHAN PLEASE HELP

Yes she will have problem,if she is working those number of hrs and not paying any tax.

She hasnt by any chance started her job since April2009?.If so she may not have earned enough of her personal allowamce in which case she will not be paying any tax till she starts to earn above her personal allowance.

Has she said why tax is not deducted?. Has she got P60 from last year,if so she can send that with her wages slips as proof as that will indicate how much tax she has paid..

THANKS for your help BATLYKHAN, its all been sorted,she has been working partime for 3 years and just last month started full time and the accountant messed her pay slip but from next month everthing will be fine,it just means she will only have 4 months pay slips instead of 5.

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:02 pm

RM786 wrote:HI GUYS,

Just to update you on my wife's pending visa appeal!

I sent the appeal to BHC London office on the 24th July. I have not heard anything as of yet, but its still early days. To re-assure myself further i have got in touch with my local MP and he has agreed to write a letter to the home office requesting them to overturn their original refusal.

Is anybody else in a similar situation?
Please post your updates im sure we can all benefit from each others advice.

Thank you.
Its good you got the MP to write im sure it will help to over turn the decision,INSHAH ALLAH your hear good news very soon.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:15 am

Hi 786sam,

Thanks for your kind words, so hows it going with your husbands case have they got in touch with you or are you still waiting??

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 am

THANKS for your help BATLYKHAN, its all been sorted,she has been working partime for 3 years and just last month started full time and the accountant messed her pay slip but from next month everthing will be fine,it just means she will only have 4 months pay slips instead of 5.
She only needs 3 months wage slips.It should be enough.

Just be careful not to send a P60 as it will contradict what she has earned before when she was part time, compared to what she is earning now as full time.

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:20 pm

batleykhan wrote:
She only needs 3 months wage slips.It should be enough.

Just be careful not to send a P60 as it will contradict what she has earned before when she was part time, compared to what she is earning now as full time.
BATLYKHAN,
With not giving a p60 could it cause a problem for her as she only has her last p60 which shows her working part time,as in my case i didnt have a p60 but did have a employers letter and a letter from the tax office but it was still refused

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:26 pm

RM786 wrote:Hi 786sam,

Thanks for your kind words, so hows it going with your husbands case have they got in touch with you or are you still waiting??

Thanks
RM786 im still waiting,my husband has contacted them and they keep saying to call back in a few days.Im just praying he gets his passport back before Eid.