ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally, got ILR, also a tip for those still waiting

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inzellhsw

Finally, got ILR, also a tip for those still waiting

Post by inzellhsw » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:47 am

My timeline:
16/06 - post documents by SD
17/06 - payment deducted
19/06 - ref letter received, dated 17/06
03/08 - ILR granted
07/08 - docs received

Documents sent:
Passport (me, wife, baby)
Police Registration Cert.
Photos
Birth Cert.
Original Marriage Cert.
HO Approval Letter
Employer letter (me & wife)
Payslips (12months, me & wife)
Bank statements (12months, cover salary, me & wife)
P60 2008/2009 (me & wife)
Title deed copy
Council tax bills
Mortgage statements
Utility Bill
Bank statement (saving accounts, me & wife)

Documents received:
All the above dcos
Backdated letter mentioning ILR from March 2009 and one-off refund

One thing I need to mention -
My wife was my dependant on 1st, 2nd visa. Then she applied for her own HSMP. She's not on the 3rd visa (the 2nd extention) But, as we can apply for PR at the end of 4 year, she still holds the valid dependant visa (the 2nd visa) at that time. I think for this reason, she's also granted ILR even though she's not my dependant at the moment.

Now comes my tip to those still waiting - contact your local MP!!
I contacted my MP on 17/07, he replied me on 22/07 saying "your application is still awaiting processing. I have now sent a message to the MP’s helpline fast track to find if there is any reason for this delay. " Then on yesterday (06/Aug), he sent me an email telling me the ILR was granted on 03/Aug, and I shall receive docs very soon. Indeed it's very soon - 8:10 this morning! :lol: I don't know if MP had played a role in speeding up my application, but at least I can get the update via him.

When you contact your MP, do mention Jonathan Sedgwick's comments - we have two dedicated teams dealing with postal applications submitted under the ILR policy document which should allow these applications to be considered promptly.
http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/letter_from ... 00609.html

I think I'm the one with longest waiting period on this forum. Anyway, I've got it finally. All the pain's gone now.

Good luck to all those still waiting. You shall get yours soon.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: Finally, got ILR, also a tip for those still waiting

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:02 pm

inzellhsw wrote:My timeline:
17/06 - payment deducted
03/08 - ILR granted
07/08 - docs received
At last!!!!! I'm so happy for you because I remember we were both waiting as we applied almost the same day. That must have been a relieve to you, I keep checking back here everytime to know when you received your documnt back and really happy reading today that you've successfully gotten everything back. The waiting period does not matter any longer and I'm sure you won't remember the pain either any longer. Well done and get the ball rolling for the final stage. I submitted my application for naturalisation today and hoping it would go smoothly as well. Once again, congratulations!

inzellhsw

Re: Finally, got ILR, also a tip for those still waiting

Post by inzellhsw » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:16 pm

justice_will_reign wrote:
inzellhsw wrote:My timeline:
17/06 - payment deducted
03/08 - ILR granted
07/08 - docs received
At last!!!!! I'm so happy for you because I remember we were both waiting as we applied almost the same day. That must have been a relieve to you, I keep checking back here everytime to know when you received your documnt back and really happy reading today that you've successfully gotten everything back. The waiting period does not matter any longer and I'm sure you won't remember the pain either any longer. Well done and get the ball rolling for the final stage. I submitted my application for naturalisation today and hoping it would go smoothly as well. Once again, congratulations!
Thanks Justice!!

Yes, we applied the same day and I knew that you've got yours far earlier than me. That really drove me mad.

Good luck for the naturalisation. Though there won't be any trouble as the hardest part has done. :lol: I can appy for mine in March 2010.

I suddenly noticed, those got approval earlier than me, their due date for ILR are a lot earlier than mine. Maybe that's the reason that UKBA processed those with earlier due dates?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:29 pm

inzellhsw,

Congratulations and what relieve that has been to you and family!

Well done.

main
Newly Registered

Post by main » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Hello guys,

wonder if you could help me, I have been waiting since 4 months my for ILR under Tier 2... have decided to write to my MP..just wondering what should be the subject of the letter.

thanks

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:51 pm

main wrote:Hello guys,

wonder if you could help me, I have been waiting since 4 months my for ILR under Tier 2... have decided to write to my MP..just wondering what should be the subject of the letter.

thanks
hi main,

go to the below link:
http://www.writetothem.com/

it won't ask you for a subject, just input your whole story into the form.

good luck!

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:54 pm

iyanu wrote:inzellhsw,

Congratulations and what relieve that has been to you and family!

Well done.
Thanks! :)

main
Newly Registered

Post by main » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:54 pm

thanks inzellhsw & congrats

Premkumar99
BANNED

good tip

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:59 pm

leave the country