ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC changes again ...unending changs for NON-EU professionals

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Premkumar99
BANNED

yes

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:01 pm

even yours is useless

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Premkumar99 what do you mean ?

Premkumar99
BANNED

YES

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:54 pm

WHY DO YOU WANT PROBATIONAY CITIZENSHIP. FIRST BE A CITIZEN

uckocak

Post by uckocak » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:48 pm

push_hsmp wrote:July 2011 is when the real change i.e. earned citizenship rule will come into force. Anyone eligible for/with ILR before that will be treated under existing rules and will be able to apply withing 2 years for citizenship. Others will have to be on Probationary citizenship and will need to do voluntary work etc to get citizenship in a years time (5+1=6). The wait will be longer for those who do not want to do voluntary stuff.

Re integration: Its an eyewash that forcing PBS (highly skilled) migrants down this route will facilitate integration with the locals. Highly migrants already have decent english language skills, they want their spouses to work and kids to do well in studies - dont you think they themselves are taking care of the English language requirement (which is driven by need). By branding such people as having a probationary citizenship - will the Govt integrate them or more alienate them from other residents?
Hi push_hsmp,

Can you please let me know where you got this info from? any link, newspaper article? Since i will be eligible for ILR by April-11, i wonder if my case will be under existing rules.

Kind regards, Utkan

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:10 pm

could someone answer please ?

I have a dependant (my kid who was born here). if i changce my visa status (going to back to my home country) to dependant of my wife what will happen to his visa ?
. does he need to come out of the country?
Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 pm

uckocak wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:July 2011 is when the real change i.e. earned citizenship rule will come into force. Anyone eligible for/with ILR before that will be treated under existing rules and will be able to apply withing 2 years for citizenship. Others will have to be on Probationary citizenship and will need to do voluntary work etc to get citizenship in a years time (5+1=6). The wait will be longer for those who do not want to do voluntary stuff.

Re integration: Its an eyewash that forcing PBS (highly skilled) migrants down this route will facilitate integration with the locals. Highly migrants already have decent english language skills, they want their spouses to work and kids to do well in studies - dont you think they themselves are taking care of the English language requirement (which is driven by need). By branding such people as having a probationary citizenship - will the Govt integrate them or more alienate them from other residents?
Hi push_hsmp,

Can you please let me know where you got this info from? any link, newspaper article? Since i will be eligible for ILR by April-11, i wonder if my case will be under existing rules.

Kind regards, Utkan
Its from the announcement the minister made during the discussions on the draft bill. You can see it here on the house of Commons website.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:13 pm

initially, I thought about joining the MET volunteer programme, hoping that at least this might give me a chance to baton a Yob... but sadly:

Tasks can include updating databases, collating evaluation questionnaires and general administration tasks.
(Source: http://www.met.police.uk/careers/met_volunteer.html)

sigh... Guess I'll resort to something more ironic like teaching English to recent immigrants from EU origin...[/i]

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:27 am

LankanFunkin wrote:initially, I thought about joining the MET volunteer programme, hoping that at least this might give me a chance to baton a Yob... but sadly:

Tasks can include updating databases, collating evaluation questionnaires and general administration tasks.
(Source: http://www.met.police.uk/careers/met_volunteer.html)

sigh... Guess I'll resort to something more ironic like teaching English to recent immigrants from EU origin...[/i]
You can get to do the frontline work as well.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:57 am

Push and guys,

don't you think it's a bit like the JR case? They are trying to impose new rules upon old cases. When I applied for HSMP/Tier 1, I assumed the earning BC rules were like this. Should I have know they are like that, I wouldn't have applied. So It's unfair and it's against general legal principles that new laws should have no effect on your previous behaviours. I think that's why the judge ruled against HO in The HSMP Forum Ltd Judgment. Do you think so? What can we do to stop the government from being a hooligan again and again? Writing to your MP maybe?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:36 am

If u read HSMP rules carefully ,it says that you have to follow the rules for ILR/settlement when ever they change and you will have to obey them.In short you have been already warned that rules will keep on changing from time to time ..Even i had a re-look at my HSMP approval letter when i heard about new BC rules,and i found the above statement in my letter :(

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:22 pm

i thought that new British citizenship rules wouldnt affect the hsmpians covered by JR ?..

people who had applied for hsmp (old rules) Prior to 3 April 2006 should all have obtained ther ILR by april 2010(4 years). there is no more old hsmp rules/people after this date i guess.

if their dependants apply for dep visa, will be considered with old hsmpians rules as dependant want to join any time...(i.e some people my get married later)

the whole point what i am trying to say is , if a dependant of an old hsmpian gets FLR(M) this year and completes in Nov2011(2 year probation), will the applicant need to follow the new BC rules that they are trying to put in place in july 2011 ?

please feel free to type in your suggestions