ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Dependant to Tier 1 main - Rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wp-spouse
Newly Registered

WP Dependant to Tier 1 main - Rejected

Post by wp-spouse » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Hello All,

I am currently on WP for last 3 yrs in UK. My spouse came in Student Visa at the same time but due to some reasons got converted to WP dependant, left study and joined a good paying job in Aug 2007. Now I plan to retire (!) and he plans to switch to Tier 1 as he meets all the criteria since Oct 2008.

But our story then takes an unexpected turn :-(

In Nov 2008 he applied 1st time. But it got rejected as they said that not enough evidence and some of the criteria points awarded was 0.

In June 2009 he applied again with all correct proof. This time also his application was rejected. But this time he got perfect scores (in fact a bit more) in all the areas. But the rejection reason was mentioned that since he is in UK currently and dont hold a WP or HSMP etc (alongwith list of other visa types) HO is rejecting his application and advised to submit a fresh new one.

Now after such costly lessons, we understand that he has to go back to India and apply from there! I have a few queries in this aspect and would like to get some answers.

a. Will his visa getting rejected twice affect his future applications if all other documents and criteria are met? Really worried about this aspect.

b. Does he need to mention these 2 rejections in the subsequent applications? The details (like date/ref no etc are not with us at this moment)

c. We are here for about 3 yrs. So when we apply from India how much fund do we need to show? 800 + 533 per dependant? or is it 2800 + 1600 per dependant?

d. Will there be some sort of an interview in India when his application be processed? If he is successful will they give the approval letter there itself? And how long to get his stamping after that? I am asking this because most probably he will be taking a bit of annual leave and a bit of work from home arrangement when he goes to India to apply for the visa. Hence faster the better for us.

Many thanks in advance.

ash786
BANNED

Re: WP Dependant to Tier 1 main - Rejected

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 pm

wp-spouse wrote:Hello All,

I am currently on WP for last 3 yrs in UK. My spouse came in Student Visa at the same time but due to some reasons got converted to WP dependant, left study and joined a good paying job in Aug 2007. Now I plan to retire (!) and he plans to switch to Tier 1 as he meets all the criteria since Oct 2008.

In Nov 2008 he applied 1st time. But it got rejected as they said that not enough evidence and some of the criteria points awarded was 0.

In June 2009 he applied again with all correct proof. This time also his application was rejected. But this time he got perfect scores (in fact a bit more) in all the areas. But the rejection reason was mentioned that since he is in UK currently and dont hold a WP or HSMP etc (alongwith list of other visa types) HO is rejecting his application and advised to submit a fresh new one.

Now after such costly lessons, we understand that he has to go back to India and apply from there! I have a few queries in this aspect and would like to get some answers.

a. Will his visa getting rejected twice affect his future applications if all other documents and criteria are met? Really worried about this aspect.

b. Does he need to mention these 2 rejections in the subsequent applications? The details (like date/ref no etc are not with us at this moment)

c. We are here for about 3 yrs. So when we apply from India how much fund do we need to show? 800 + 533 per dependant? or is it 2800 + 1600 per dependant?

d. Will there be some sort of an interview in India when his application be processed? If he is successful will they give the approval letter there itself? And how long to get his stamping after that? I am asking this because most probably he will be taking a bit of annual leave and a bit of work from home arrangement when he goes to India to apply for the visa. Hence faster the better for us.

Many thanks in advance.
I was going to post a detailed answer but before i do that can u tell me that if he is still u dependent or will be applying as the amin applicant. U can not apply into Tier 1 General as dependent. Dependents can only extend the visas if the main applicant is extending. That was the reason his visa was rejected in UK twice which u should have checked before u apply as Guidence clearly explains who can switch into this category and apply.

wp-spouse
Newly Registered

Post by wp-spouse » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Hello Ash786,
He will be applying as the Main applicant for the Tier 1. And this will be done from India. I will also be in India at that time. Will that still cause a problem for him to get the approval?
Thanks

nksg

Re: WP Dependant to Tier 1 main - Rejected

Post by nksg » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Please find the answers marked in red!!
wp-spouse wrote:Hello All,

No it wont

Yes!! Please mention avout both the rejections... Make sure you mention the same in detail on the cover letter

It would be 2800+1600

That actually veries case to case.. you can look at the other posts on this forum as other people appliyng from india have shared their experiances.

Many thanks in advance.

Premkumar99
BANNED

thats good

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:58 pm

atleast now go back

monday

Post by monday » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:27 pm

hi
I think nksg has answered all your question perfectly.

Premkumar99
BANNED

thats okay

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:03 pm

why not apply for tier 10 - new visa scheme