ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree name in UKBA Point Based Calculator

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

risingsun
Newly Registered

Degree name in UKBA Point Based Calculator

Post by risingsun » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:01 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General in August and I went through various posts on this really helpful forum.
I still have a (probably silly) question.

On the UKBA Point Based Calculator, I can see the university names for both my Masters and Bachlors Degree.. However it does not say exact name of the bachelors / masters degree.

For example I have done "Master Of Computer Applications" and "Bachelors of Computer Applications"...

But the PBC just shows "Master's Degree" / "Bachelor's Degree" (and I do get appropriate points when I select specialization as "IT / Comp Sci" and my university name)

My Question is that based on above, can I say that Point Based Calculator does have my degree (hence my degree is comparable to UK Masters and that my bachelor is taught in english? As I said PBC gives me 10 points for "master's" and 10 points for english for my "bachelor's" but dont have exact course name)

Please advice.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Degree name in UKBA Point Based Calculator

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:19 pm

risingsun wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General in August and I went through various posts on this really helpful forum.

On the UKBA Point Based Calculator, I can see the university names for both my Masters and Bachlors Degree.. However it does not say exact name of the bachelors / masters degree.

For example I have done "Master Of Computer Applications" and "Bachelors of Computer Applications"...

But the PBC just shows "Master's Degree" / "Bachelor's Degree" (and I do get appropriate points when I select specialization as "IT / Comp Sci" and my university name)

My Question is that based on above, can I say that Point Based Calculator does have my degree (hence my degree is comparable to UK Masters and that my bachelor is taught in english? As I said PBC gives me 10 points for "master's" and 10 points for english for my "bachelor's" but dont have exact course name)

Please advice.

Thanks
I think you r good to get those points using
==========
"Master's Degree" / "Bachelor's Degree" (and I do get appropriate points when I select specialization as "IT / Comp Sci" and my university name)
=============
pls chk with one user Noor, who had thw same question;

Premkumar99
BANNED

no

Post by Premkumar99 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:23 pm

dont plan for tier 1 you will get tiered here

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Please advice.

Thanks
As long as the PBS shows u university name and the qualification then u r good to apply. Normally u shud be able to find your subject under the "course subject" of the PBS. I just used the calculator and i was able to select my course subject from the list as well. My Degree "Bachelors of Arts in Business and Management"

risingsun
Newly Registered

Post by risingsun » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:34 pm

ash786 wrote:

Please advice.

Thanks
As long as the PBS shows u university name and the qualification then u r good to apply. Normally u shud be able to find your subject under the "course subject" of the PBS. I just used the calculator and i was able to select my course subject from the list as well. My Degree "Bachelors of Arts in Business and Management"
Thanks tvn_ramesh and ash786.

For my master's degree.. the most relevent subject it gives is IT / Computer Sci.. I think I can go with it. .. Thanks again.