ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT FROM INDIA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jayanti80
Newly Registered

CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT FROM INDIA

Post by jayanti80 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:58 pm

HELLO GUYS,

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ON WHETHER CA FROM INDIA (ICAI) IS COMPARABLE TO MASTERS DEGREE AS PER NARIC DATABASE.

THANKS

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT FROM INDIA

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:01 pm

jayanti80 wrote:HELLO GUYS,

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ON WHETHER CA FROM INDIA (ICAI) IS COMPARABLE TO MASTERS DEGREE AS PER NARIC DATABASE.

THANKS
Only way you to know is chk in the UKBA Point Based System CALCULATOR..

choose the country/state/university your certificate is awarded by / masters n see if ur ICAI is listed in there..
goodluck

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:30 pm

I guess CA is affiliated by some independent govt. body in India. I think, this should be considered as Professional Qualification rather than Bachelors/Masters degree.

If the qualification degree is not available on the points calculator, you will have to approach NARIC for a letter of comparability. NARIC uses the database of similar bodies in the other countries to decide whether or not a particular degree is comparable to UK Bachelors/Masters.

push
United Kingdom

Re: CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT FROM INDIA

Post by push » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 pm

jayanti80 wrote:HELLO GUYS,

THANKS
I just checked on the points calculator. Used a random state but selected Qualification as "Institute of Chartered Accountants of India Professional Examination" and Institution as "The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India" with course duration as 4-5 years and the calculator awarded 30 points (which it does for Bachelor's Degrees). I guess based on this we can infer that CA from ICAI is considered equivalent to Bachelors by NARIC. Wait to hear from other to see if someone thinks otherwise.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jayanti80
Newly Registered

CA

Post by jayanti80 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Actually, u have selected wrong professional examination, you should select final examination instead of professional examination. After completing professional examination u can give final examination and hence i guess it's equivalent to masters degree. HAs any body got a letter from naric

Regards,

Jayanti Patel

jayanti80
Newly Registered

CA FROM ICAI INDIA

Post by jayanti80 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:18 pm

YES guys i got a confirmation from naric that ca from icai is equiavlent to a masters degree

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: CA FROM ICAI INDIA

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:53 pm

jayanti80 wrote:YES guys i got a confirmation from naric that ca from icai is equiavlent to a masters degree
Great job. This info will help lot of guys. Can you please explain steps how you got that in a separate thread so that it can be referred by many people?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm

chetanojha wrote:
jayanti80 wrote:YES guys i got a confirmation from naric that ca from icai is equiavlent to a masters degree
Great job. This info will help lot of guys. Can you please explain steps how you got that in a separate thread so that it can be referred by many people?
The steps involve Online registration+fee payment sending NARIC a copy of academic certificate + transcripts of marks with the reference no.
regards,
push

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:12 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
The steps involve Online registration+fee payment sending NARIC a copy of academic certificate + transcripts of marks with the reference no.
Well I thought you need more than that. I am under impression that you need to get certificate from your college etc etc. and send it to NARIC for comaprison.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:15 pm

chetanojha wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
Well I thought you need more than that. I am under impression that you need to get certificate from your college etc etc. and send it to NARIC for comaprison.
No you dont. If you are seeking a simple letter of comparability then you dont even need to send original degree - just a photocopy is enough.
regards,
push

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:28 pm

guys...pls help me out...i have done my bachelors of commerce from india and cpa certificate from delaware usa.

Is anyome having any idea whether us cpa is equivalent to masters degree...pls

Premkumar99
BANNED

No

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:53 pm

That is compared to may be bachelors or high school

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:56 pm

does anybody had their us cpa certificate evaluated by uk naric like indian ca

Premkumar99
BANNED

10th std

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:50 pm

just now my friend said it is equal to 10th std

sunandoghosh

Re: 10th std

Post by sunandoghosh » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:43 am

Premkumar99 wrote:just now my friend said it is equal to 10th std
i dont know why u r making abovew comment.

request knowledgeable members to pls respond.

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 am

Any idea about USA Delaware CPA certificate ...is it equivalent to UK masters for Tier 1

Premkumar99
BANNED

kg

Post by Premkumar99 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:24 pm

may be kindergarden i think. desgee is a waste. open a pan shop beda

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Any idea about USA Delaware CPA certificate ...is it equivalent to UK masters for Tier 1

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:21 pm

any help pls...