ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Dependant and Work Permit - Urgent - plz help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nilan
Newly Registered

Post by nilan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:24 am

Hi,

I am into IT. I have valid Tier 2 ICT till Jan 2010. I had travelled to UK on it from my company in India. Now my spouse has a valid PSW Tier 1. Can I apply for PSW dependant and work full time in UK? Will HO grant me a dependant PSW if I have the Tier 2 ICT? Please advice me on the same.

Also does it hold true for PSW Dependant also about the 6 months work exp with the same employer before applying for Tier 2 WP?

Thanks!

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW Dependant and Work Permit - Urgent - plz help!

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:25 pm

nilan wrote:Hi,

I am into IT. I have valid Tier 2 ICT till Jan 2010. I had travelled to UK on it from my company in India. Now my spouse has a valid PSW Tier 1. Can I apply for PSW dependant and work full time in UK? Will HO grant me a dependant PSW if I have the Tier 2 ICT? Please advice me on the same.

Also does it hold true for PSW Dependant also about the 6 months work exp with the same employer before applying for Tier 2 WP?

Thanks!
The problem is that both of you got vaid visas for both categories. U hav TIer 2 and u spouse got Tier 1 PSW and none of you are dependent to each other in UK. I think u might hav to go bak and apply from u home country as a dependent visa. HO has announced some changes for the requirement for the last six months rule and u no longer need to provide that (Main applicant only and not for dependent). Please find the link below to the changes. U wud also need to make sure that u company inform the Ho about u change in circumstances as required by u working conditions when u wish to switch or leave.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-7-August

nilan
Newly Registered

Post by nilan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks ash!