ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa - Zero savings?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa - Zero savings?

Post by sirpsychosexy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:40 am

Have completed online Spousal Visa, paid the fee etc etc. My wife is still in the country and has overstayed toursit visa, although now has a flight booked for 19th August, this i mentioned on a previous thread(thanks for the responses to that). Now i have a new question/problem. On the application it stated any savings that we had i had to answer that honestly and say no. Apart from a couple hundred quid in an ISA i/we live month to month. My wife being here for six months without work drained what income i have. So my new question is will having nothing saved count heavily against us? I have never had to really on public funds. Thanks again.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:38 am

It won't matter that you don't have any savings, as long as you can show that you are able to support yourselves financially on your income. After paying rent or mortgage and council tax you should have a minimum of
£100.95 left per week.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:47 am

Casa wrote:It won't matter that you don't have any savings, as long as you can show that you are able to support yourselves financially on your income. After paying rent or mortgage and council tax you should have a minimum of
£100.95 left per week.
And the 500 quid or so for the visa.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:55 am

Oh right! £585 now. :roll:...but the OP says he's already paid the fee.

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:30 pm

I asked this question in another thread, just came across this.

My husband will only have about 450 pds. at the end of the month after expenses. I am worried because we have two children (british through father) who will be mentioned on my application.

I understand he needs at least 800 pds. left at the end of the month. Will savings make a difference and the fact that I can work when I get there?