ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry Visa - does British India count?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

libertyvalance
Newly Registered

Ancestry Visa - does British India count?

Post by libertyvalance » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Hello everyone =]

I was just wondering if I meet the requirements for obtaining a UK Ancestry Visa. My late grandfather was born in Madras (now Chennai) in British India and, from what I understand (though could be wrong), was a British citizen from birth. I know he did have a British passport and he served with King's Own Scottish Borderers regiment at one stage.

The general requirements I've read state I must "have a grandparent who was born in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man", and I'm not too sure on the semantics and whether British India counts as part of "UK" in this case.

I very much appreciate any help from anyone.

cheers,
Christian

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Sorry but No

Only commonwealth countries

libertyvalance
Newly Registered

Post by libertyvalance » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Sorry forgot to mention I was born in Australia, or were you referring to where my grandfather was born?

cheers,
Christian