ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

problems with OCI digital certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raju hegde
Newly Registered

problems with OCI digital certificate

Post by raju hegde » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:49 pm

I am trying to fill out the OCI online registration form. The webpage for it says that the digital certificate must be downloaded before filling out the application form. But then when you follow their link to the certificate page, you get to a site that is totally confusing. There are no instructions there as to what to download and how. My question is, is this 'DIGITAL CERTIFICATE' really necessary? Is this certificate required for generating a reference number and printing the hardcopy of the form? If yes, being some one who is accessing the website from US, how is the downloading done? Are there any other places for obtaining this certificate?
I will deeply apreciate any useful pointers on this.
Thanks!

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Digital certificate are required to prove authenticity. Is it used on web sites to prove you are who you say you are :))

Indian embassy site have not kept their certificate up-to-date.

You can totally ignore this and this will not have any bearing on your OCI application. I applied mine recently (2 weeks back) without any problems.

raju hegde
Newly Registered

Post by raju hegde » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Thank you for your reply. I sort of knew that the certificate was unnecessary. Thanks for confirming it. My problem is actually with the OCI miscellaneous services form. I already have OCI status. I have a new passport. So, I am required to do this "miscellaneous" process. The problem is, whatever they have there does not generate a reference number, neither it print a hardcopy for me! Did the regular OCI page print the reference number and the hardcopy for you?