ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting home country after the end of course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kulksnikhil

Visiting home country after the end of course

Post by kulksnikhil » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi guys,

my course completes on 17th Sept 2009. And I am planning to visit my country from 10-sep-09 to may be 30-Sep-09.

Is it true that, when I return on 30-sep-09, there are chances that immigration people would ask me, why am I returning even though I have completed my course?

I would actually have just completed my course and would not yet have recieved result of my course. I would be recieving my result only by November and graduation is in January 2010.

Mela

Re: Visiting home country after the end of course

Post by Mela » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:53 am

kulksnikhil wrote:Hi guys,

my course completes on 17th Sept 2009. And I am planning to visit my country from 10-sep-09 to may be 30-Sep-09.

Is it true that, when I return on 30-sep-09, there are chances that immigration people would ask me, why am I returning even though I have completed my course?

I would actually have just completed my course and would not yet have recieved result of my course. I would be recieving my result only by November and graduation is in January 2010.
when does your student visa expire? please refer to your leave to remail dates on your passport sticker. While your visa is valid you can legally live/travel to the country...

kulksnikhil

Post by kulksnikhil » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm

well, my VISA expires on January 31, 2010.. and I will be visiting india between 1-sep-09 and 31-sep-09. But I understand that, immigration staff sometimes ask "why do you want to enter UK, if you have finished your course"? They may sometimes ask the students to return as well. At least this is what I have heard, but never met anybody who has gone through this !!!

All the university term times finish in September and new student would be arriving in the month of september !!!

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:07 pm

kulksnikhil wrote:well, my VISA expires on January 31, 2010.. and I will be visiting india between 1-sep-09 and 31-sep-09. But I understand that, immigration staff sometimes ask "why do you want to enter UK, if you have finished your course"? They may sometimes ask the students to return as well. At least this is what I have heard, but never met anybody who has gone through this !!!

All the university term times finish in September and new student would be arriving in the month of september !!!
You have a legal leave to remain in UK till January 31, 2010.

Your visa has been issued to you by British Consulate in your home country and it was their decesion to grant you leave to remain in UK till Jan 31. It's not up to Immigation staff at the customs to decide these issues, so they can not ask you "to return".
Dont worry, go and enjoy your trip.

ukvisa2004

Re: Visiting home country after the end of course

Post by ukvisa2004 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:20 am

You should be alright. My friend finished his studies in September (last year). He went to his home country on 10th Feb and came back (20th Feb). His visa was about to expire on 28th Feb.

He simply told the clearance officer (at heathrow) that he already had an appointment at PEO on 22nd Feb for his visa extension.

In your case you can answer that you had come back for results and convocation. If possible, get a letter from uni. (printout from the uni. website) stating that when your results will be declared and when the convocation will be taking place.

This is not required, but it will atleast CALM YOU DOWN.

So enjoy your holiday...
kulksnikhil wrote:Hi guys,

kulksnikhil

Thanks

Post by kulksnikhil » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks people for your response. I have talked to Uni.. they would be giving me a letter with the details of my result and convocation.

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:22 pm

shouldn't b a problem, good luck !!!!!!!!